[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9931880 said:
How much is Leeds' sell on percentage? I assume they'd be entitled to 30-40% of any future fee for Ben?

Suspect they get first refusal anyway - strange they seem to have passed on the opportunity......

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Definitely. Also Ben getting called up and making the cut for the Euros is a clear sign that you’ll get quite a bit of recognition down here as long as you can break into the team and perform.

Ben I’m less worried about.

Bissouma’s contract is running down. That’s why I always assumed he would definitely be off this summer OR the club would get him to extend his deal to protect us. Makes less sense to let him leave for free.

I can only assume that the offers just haven't been there for him.
Which seems strange and I would imagine would be quite disappointing for him personally.
Hopefully the club can give him a new deal, if the offers aren't there.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Spurs won’t pay our asking prices and Arsenal can’t. The other ‘big’ teams won’t be certain yet about our guys and will wait another year to pay the kind of money we want. The only reason a player will leave is if they throw a wobble and go bench warm rather than start and star here. Bissouma and White are both some of the more likely players to do that in a squad with good character, but that doesn’t make them likely to. I think they’ll see sense and we have one more chance for the plan to click together and be mid-table.

If both of them stay - we'll be gunning for Arsenal.:albion2:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Definitely. Also Ben getting called up and making the cut for the Euros is a clear sign that you’ll get quite a bit of recognition down here as long as you can break into the team and perform.

Ben I’m less worried about.

Bissouma’s contract is running down. That’s why I always assumed he would definitely be off this summer OR the club would get him to extend his deal to protect us. Makes less sense to let him leave for free.

If the club want these two gems to stay, they probably have improved terms on the table - or in Ben's case he'll have probably got a significant up lift from being a full international under his existing terms.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9931880 said:
How much is Leeds' sell on percentage? I assume they'd be entitled to 30-40% of any future fee for Ben?

Surely we'll just get whatever such a big club decides to let us have ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nearly 11 o’clock, where’s our daily tweet from some ITK expert saying that terms have been agreed with Arsenal and Ben is about to be unveiled?

Need to maintain the record of 36 consecutive days of this claim, come on you Arsenal insiders, what’s today’s tweet?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There's no knowledge or justification behind it, but I really can't see Ben White signing for Arsenal. Not a slight on the club at all, I just can't imagine it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Arsenal fans I work with are pretty pissed off if they are spending 50m on White. Numerous comments about Arteta already being too defensive and seems they would rather it invested other places.

Can't see him going to arsenal personally. Un-ambitious move unless its purely about money and living in London. He's already got the England breakthrough so next move has to be for trophies surely.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Arsenal fans I work with are pretty pissed off if they are spending 50m on White. Numerous comments about Arteta already being too defensive and seems they would rather it invested other places.

Can't see him going to arsenal personally. Un-ambitious move unless its purely about money and living in London. He's already got the England breakthrough so next move has to be for trophies surely.
He could live in London right now as a Brighton player if he wished - not sure I'd see that as a factor.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I noticed that our 3 ‘most valuable players’ are all favourites to go to Arsenal on Sky Bet:

Bissouma - 6/5
White - 1/8
Lamptey - 11/4

I’d still be surprised if any of the three end up there.

Ironically I think the only likely one is Lamptey. He won't go to a bigger club this summer (the others might, will certainly interest them) and they'll end up taking a huge gamble on a signing to keep the fans quiet by spunking £75m on him to keep the punters quiet.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think I see this totally differently to quite a few on here.

He's broken into the National squad for a major tournament and from what I gather rather enjoyed the overall experience of mixing it with the best England has to offer who tend to reside at bigger clubs on bigger wages. He knows there is talk about him moving on and he will no doubt be aware of teams real interest in him. He seems ambitious and knows his own capabilities. As we have all said in the past, each step he has taken he has done well at.

So putting myself in BW shoes why would he turn down a lucrative move to a bigger club and stay at Brighton for another season. A bit more experience, a little more money, a better offer might come along?

Im really not sure, if he thinks he's ready, the offer is good and the club fits his ambitions then he will be off!

It might not be Arsenal, but if they offer him a 300% payrise and he see's them as potential European chasers next season I think he'd be in his right mind to accept that offer rather than anything we can put forward.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

He's broken into the National squad for a major tournament and from what I gather rather enjoyed the overall experience of mixing it with the best England has to offer who tend to reside at bigger clubs on bigger wages. He knows there is talk about him moving on and he will no doubt be aware of teams real interest in him. He seems ambitious and knows his own capabilities. As we have all said in the past, each step he has taken he has done well at.

So putting myself in BW shoes why would he turn down a lucrative move to a bigger club and stay at Brighton for another season. A bit more experience, a little more money, a better offer might come along?

Im really not sure, if he thinks he's ready, the offer is good and the club fits his ambitions then he will be off!

It might not be Arsenal, but if they offer him a 300% payrise and he see's them as potential European chasers next season I think he'd be in his right mind to accept that offer rather than anything we can put forward.

It has nothing to do with him accepting any offer. Only Bloom will be accepting an offer and only then if he thinks it's a good deal. Ben still has 3 years on his contract so there's no need for us to accept any offer but one that makes good business for us.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
It has nothing to do with him accepting any offer. Only Bloom will be accepting an offer and only then if he thinks it's a good deal. Ben still has 3 years on his contract so there's no need for us to accept any offer but one that makes good business for us.

indeed, and once that offer comes in he will be off.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

If It was a top 4 team team it'd be a a no brainer. The reality is Arsenal are terribly run. Fans want the owners out. Arteta is inexperienced and hasn't shown enough to suggest he is up the job, yet. There's clearly cliques amongst players with a host disinterested and wanting to leave That is what makes it difficult.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Player will be unhappy eventually if we keep him prisoner. Hopefully we can find a middle ground.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Player will be unhappy eventually if we keep him prisoner. Hopefully we can find a middle ground.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Contracts are a two way street. If a player loses form they can sit around earning big bucks, doing bugger all until the end of the contract. The flip side is their club will not sell unless the price is right. Ben will understand all of this. Let’s face it, his head wasn’t turned at all when the biggest club in the world came in for him last summer.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He in in the England squad now so no need to move on yet.
Another year here learning off Dunk won't do his transfer potential any damage and will only increase the fee end of next season.
Arsenal would be a backward step IMHO.
Stay with this team now as we have something to prove this season or go to a team who will languish in mid table again just getting by but full of in fighting and little cliques ?
No brainer really

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He in in the England squad now so no need to move on yet.
Another year here learning off Dunk won't do his transfer potential any damage and will only increase the fee end of next season.
Arsenal would be a backward step IMHO.
Stay with this team now as we have something to prove this season or go to a team who will languish in mid table again just getting by but full of in fighting and little cliques ?
No brainer really

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

White breaking into the England squad will have alerted Southgate to the fact that he might want to get down to the Amex a bit more and look at Lamptey, March, Webster & our skipper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports