Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chasing Albion goals today.

White opening up the goal scoring deluge.
A couple from Moder or Jocko would be nice.
Although not as nice as a Dunk hattrick.

That said I'm more likely to collect on Partey getting his marching orders - 40/1. Noice.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
6cb0d42d11619b3b998f7dddcc70819b.jpg

......and sort out the formation on that lot!

Why Jahanbakhsh again? - we were 2-0 down on Tuesday, and the come back only started after he'd been replaced. I'd rather have had Izzy in the squad for a possible farewell cameo myself.

Edit: Didn't know Izzy was injured.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Percy Tau must be biting his tongue and shipping money hand over fist to his family back in the mother country is all I can say. We spent all that tjme courting him just to let him then rot on the bench? Serious questions need asking within the massed ranks of the recruitment army IMHO - unless of course they're all being driven by some shitty TB company algorithm

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Couple of AFTV previews on us. Spoiler. They’re actually very impressed by our performances, GP and of course Bissouma who they talk about signing.

[tweet]1396129978467512321[/tweet]

[tweet]1396435749873012736[/tweet]
I will literally pi$$ myself if he snubs Arsenal for an actually top 6 team, or better yet, us.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
My goodness, even when we have Welbz and maupay out we don't have anyone good enough to start up front as a striker. If you were Connolly surely this has to be the wake up call to say time for a loan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Percy Tau must be biting his tongue and shipping money hand over fist to his family back in the mother country is all I can say. We spent all that tjme courting him just to let him then rot on the bench? Serious questions need asking within the massed ranks of the recruitment army IMHO - unless of course they're all being driven by some shitty TB company algorithm

As I see it the club just took a chance to bring him in and see if he was good enough. When he was brought in, Connolly and Welbeck were both injured and perhaps the club wasnt 100% sure how quickly they would return. Clearly he has, unlike eg Moder, not shown enough to play more, so it seems to be a failed signing in that sense. Every club makes failed signings though.

I expect him to be off in the summer.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Seems pretty clear that rightly or wrongly GP doesn’t rate Tau.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Penny for the thoughts of Tau and Zequiri.

Even with no Welbeck or Maupay and no other pure strikers, these guys still can’t get a starting place.

Would so much start with them rather than Jahanbaksh. Please GP, STOP PLAYING HIM. He contributes barely anything. His only appearances in wins this season were in the 89th minute at Newcastle, 80th at Leeds and that complete waste of a half (minus the poor challenge V Gundagon) V City. Lalanna, Tau or Zequiri deserve a place so much more. Yeah he might get an easy goal or produce a cross (but to who as we don't have anyone in the box so again what is the point) amougst other failed attempts. Tired of watching him pull on the stripes (is it stripes today?!). It's not all gonna come good. There's too many players and even potential signings in front of him. We've had 3 years of this. Yes he's a technically good player but he doesn't have the attributes (pace, power, skill to go past people) to help us enough in the PL.

Happy enough to be proved wrong in an hour of course. Would so dearly love to win and finish above Palace, Newcastle etc.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

......and sort out the formation on that lot!

Why Jahanbakhsh again? - we were 2-0 down on Tuesday, and the come back only started after he'd been replaced. I'd rather have had Izzy in the squad for a possible farewell cameo myself.

It is curious that AJ has become one of GP’s favourites in this last quarter of the season. Involved in most games, first choice of the bench, and getting starts over other forwards like Tau, Connolly and Zequiri.

As much as we all think AJ is going It does point to him being here next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I love the BBC’s hopeless efforts at picking our formation pre-match.

They’ll correct it after kick off.
They've changed it at least once already!
Possible line up? -

Sanchez
White; Dunk; Webster
Gross; Moder; Bissouma; Burn​
Jahanbakhsh
MacA; Tross​

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Would so much start with them rather than Jahanbaksh. Please GP, STOP PLAYING HIM. He contributes barely anything. His only appearances in wins this season were in the 89th minute at Newcastle, 80th at Leeds and that complete waste of a half (minus the poor challenge V Gundagon) V City. Lalanna, Tau or Zequiri deserve a place so much more. Yeah he might get an easy goal or produce a cross (but to who as we don't have anyone in the box so again what is the point) amougst other failed attempts. Tired of watching him pull on the stripes (is it stripes today?!). It's not all gonna come good. There's too many players and even potential signings in front of him. We've had 3 years of this. Yes he's a technically good player but he doesn't have the attributes (pace, power, skill to go past people) to help us enough in the PL.

Happy enough to be proved wrong in an hour of course. Would so dearly love to win and finish above Palace, Newcastle etc.

See my post above. I think not only is AJ staying next season, I think Potter likes him.

Certainly appears that way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here