Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My daughter is Albion through and through but is engaged to a Gooner (nice guy TBF). Having gone with him to the Emirates once in a while, she describes it as "like going to the library".

She's right on that although, having been there to watch us for the past two seasons, I can confirm that our fans managed to disrupt usual proceedings.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Palace were all over this lot in the 2nd half on Wednesday. For some of the big names in their squad they’re a bang average TEAM.
We’ve got a chance today if all our lot card a 7. I’d love us to score first, their entitled, spoilt fans will be desperate for a good old boo after all this time away.

It's funny, I've been reading a bit on the Arsenal forums, and a lot of them actually want to lose... :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I still feel positive about this game. Granted, Arsenals form is actually very good at the moment. But reasons to be confident:

- we are a very good away side
- we love to face teams who bring the ball out and like to play (ie no low block)
- we have Dunk back. Sanchez-Dunk-White-Webster continues to be a heck of a core backline.
- our team should be very confident, if we get a good start the Arse fans will go toxic very quickly.
- all our team were impressive vs City, but MacAllister was very good in his first start in a while. I fancy him to do well again today.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I still feel positive about this game. Granted, Arsenals form is actually very good at the moment. But reasons to be confident:

- we are a very good away side
- we love to face teams who bring the ball out and like to play (ie no low block)
- we have Dunk back. Sanchez-Dunk-White-Webster continues to be a heck of a core backline.
- our team should be very confident, if we get a good start the Arse fans will go toxic very quickly.
- all our team were impressive vs City, but MacAllister was very good in his first start in a while. I fancy him to do well again today.
I am hoping, after a few more forward thinking and decently paced games, that with Dunk back in, we dont revert to a more sluggish rhythm of play going forward.... just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sad that this is our final game of the season, let’s make it a good one

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The general consensus is that the arsenal fans will be largely silent and then hopefully toxic.
I'm not entirely convinced. There's a chance that the proportion of actual supportive fans among the reduced capacity may be enough for them to... Well you know, actually support them.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The general consensus is that the arsenal fans will be largely silent and then hopefully toxic.
I'm not entirely convinced. There's a chance that the proportion of actual supportive fans among the reduced capacity may be enough for them to... Well you know, actually support them.
Considering some are using the game as a protest, the atmosphere could be really toxic

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is a stream the only way to watch this one?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Strongly disagree. I need a break.

I know what you are saying but it's amazing what actually going to the Amex on Tuesday did for my football mojo. Up to that point the season had felt like a difficult grind with the shadow of possible relegation looming.

Now I'm right up for next season but with the caveat that we have taken some steps to avoid the ' let's pray there are 3 teams worse than us' approach.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know what you are saying but it's amazing what actually going to the Amex on Tuesday did for my football mojo. Up to that point the season had felt like a difficult grind with the shadow of possible relegation looming.

Now I'm right up for next season but with the caveat that we have taken some steps to avoid the ' let's pray there are 3 teams worse than us' approach.

Well, if there arent three worse teams there will be trouble..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here