Arrogance of Arsenal plastics

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
What does that even mean?! what does being a big club mean? Liverpool fans are obsessed with being a big club. It's just nonsense. You either win stuff or you don't. People can't keep claiming Liverpool ar historically a big club. That is just drivel

If you win the European club and domestic league multiple times, I think it's fair to call yourself a big club, in retrospect or present.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I would also say games against Palace at home will be bigger than this one.

and I would even go as far to say Liverpool are a bigger team.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

sorry rant over, just needed to get it out.

A rant that is not called for.
Palace are your local rivals agreed so its a huge match .
Liverpool a bigger team ? I would obviously say no but some would say yes, depends which way you look at it . I lived in Liverpool for 10 years and married a Liverpudlian and held my own in debates over that subject but I have always given them respect.
Every club has fans that watch the games on TV,Brighton will have loads. and the bigger clubs even more so.i have lots of mates who cant afford to go to the Emirates but these are reall fans who are passionate and have been to hundreds of matches in there life and have it in there blood. I have to stream lots of games as I cannot afford to go to a lot of them but already this season I have been to Old Trafford and Montpellier in the CL and will be at the match on Daturday. So please don't knock Arsenal fans and call us plastics, leve that to the Utd fans.
This is a huge game for you and could and should get your highest ever attendance at the Amex.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
?????
what North London means to us is its where we belong and yes we all know about our South London Roots so what about it ?
North London has been our home for over a hundred years and the old chestnut of " your a South London club gets boring"

A rant that is not called for.
Palace are your local rivals agreed so its a huge match .
Liverpool a bigger team ? I would obviously say no but some would say yes, depends which way you look at it . I lived in Liverpool for 10 years and married a Liverpudlian and held my own in debates over that subject but I have always given them respect.
Every club has fans that watch the games on TV,Brighton will have loads. and the bigger clubs even more so.i have lots of mates who cant afford to go to the Emirates but these are reall fans who are passionate and have been to hundreds of matches in there life and have it in there blood. I have to stream lots of games as I cannot afford to go to a lot of them but already this season I have been to Old Trafford and Montpellier in the CL and will be at the match on Daturday. So please don't knock Arsenal fans and call us plastics, leve that to the Utd fans.
This is a huge game for you and could and should get your highest ever attendance at the Amex.

Well I live in sleepy Mid-Sussex and the worst offenders for plasticism are by far and Away the Arsenal tossers. None of the "fans" that I have the misfortune to share a local pub with have ever been to The Emirates let alone Highbury.

A couple of the tossers were adamant they'd get tickets for the game through mates and when that didn't happen the comment that REALLY pissed me off was along the lines of "Why would I want to go to a noddy little stadium like yours when I could go to The Emirates.

Sussex is full of Plastics of the clubs who once won something and your lot are by far the most arrogant of the lot.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Laugh at my face and spit in my coffee and you would get it back ten fold . I have been watching Arsenal for nearly 40 years and have as much passion for them now as I did when we were getting 20/25/30,000 . And we have plenty of fans like me that go still or due to financial constraints cannot but still are true fans.
Just because we are not down in the relegation battles season in season out does not mean we lack passion, that comes from within and the person you are.
You also have a short memory unless you are about 9 years old as we were the Invincibles and used to winning leagues cups etc . Unlike a lot of clubs who go down down down we have still managed to stay challenging at the right end of the table and we will be back I can assure you of that.
PS
we have also built our own 60,000 stadium ( paid for by the club not funded by a sugar daddy) while still staying competitive

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Bigger if it was Chelsea Man City ?? don't make me laugh what an insult for a club like Arsenal to have someone say that the Chavs Or City would be bigger, I can understand saying Utd but please the other two Lol

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Hold on what about the poor Arsenal fans having to pay top dollar to see there team. People forget that aim the flack at our board not Arsenal in general, greed in football is universal not just at our club .

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Well you need to get out a bit more mate and who knows if the games a draw on Saturday and you get to the Emirates you will have a good chance to chat with plenty of decent Arsenal fans.
Are you sure your not a Spurs fan because you sound like one a bitter jealous one come to that.
Again use your brain as a fan you support your team it cannot be helped as in our case our board are greedy and money grabbing , that is common in football especially in the prem. If Arsenal lowered the admission prices to an acceptable level we could fill the Emirates twice over each week but it won't happen.
Ps
Look up the BSM ( Black Scarf Movement )on line when you have time then you might not be as quick to give Arsenal fans stick

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bigger if it was Chelsea Man City ?? don't make me laugh what an insult for a club like Arsenal to have someone say that the Chavs Or City would be bigger, I can understand saying Utd but please the other two Lol
I was about to come to your defence there mate , I'm chelsea ,(old chelsea) and understand your gripes about ticket prices etc, I would also advise you that there are a lot of insecure brighton fans on this site, not surprising when you've gone from 6,000 crowds to having 20,000 plus season ticket holders in the blink of an eye, hence the need to constantly drone on about plastics.
However the fact of the matter is , a Brighton v Chelsea game would be bigger , for the simple reason we've actually won trophies in the last 8 years , including the big one , I would'nt call us a bigger club than arsenal, in a few years maybe, but not at the moment, your history precludes me from saying that , but in the present context , a game against the current (like it or not ) european champions , who have won 3 titles , 4 fa cups, and 2 league cups, including one against you , since you last won anything , is , in fact bigger, and I also hope brighton stuff you.

PS The atmosphere at chelsea is bad, but it makes the emirates, and even the old library, sorry highbury, look like the san siro for an inter/AC derby.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Form is temporary mate class isn't and that is what The Arsenal have in abundance as you will find out on Saturday

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You get annoying fans of every club everywhere.

I am lucky the ones I work with in London all go, most have season tickets and many cant afford season tickets but pilfer off the people that cant make games and buy tickets for the more in demand games.

They took me along to the Emirates last week to watch the Swansea game, a really impresive stadium and good atmosphere in the second half, with Wiltshire being one of the best players I have ever seen.

In the Tottington pub before and after I wore my Brighton sweatshirt and most their fans were knowledgable about us and had watched us beat Newcastle, they know Vicente, Orlandi and Lopez from watching Spanish football. Most were keen to come down to our new stadium and imagined we would try and play football like Swansea.

To be fair they play football the way Gus plays but with better players, their french forward cost 11 million alone, 3 million over our whole yearly budget.

Arsenal as a club respect the FA cup and want to win it, they are all focused on playing Munich. With any success comes arm chair and highly cocky expectant fans, we have some of that now, but they probably have loads and need them to buy 60,000 tickets every week.

Sounds like you have kopped a bad un, unfourtunatly on last weeks performance they could put 4 past us, they hassle the backs, go from slow to quick tempo in a moment and could terrorise our centre backs. However they were also poor at the back on set pieces and often like us played themselves into trouble.

I am hoping for a 2-2 draw and a return trip to them Emirates where we can make a racket and a packet....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Laugh at my face and spit in my coffee and you would get it back ten fold . I have been watching Arsenal for nearly 40 years and have as much passion for them now as I did when we were getting 20/25/30,000 . And we have plenty of fans like me that go still or due to financial constraints cannot but still are true fans.
Just because we are not down in the relegation battles season in season out does not mean we lack passion, that comes from within and the person you are.
You also have a short memory unless you are about 9 years old as we were the Invincibles and used to winning leagues cups etc . Unlike a lot of clubs who go down down down we have still managed to stay challenging at the right end of the table and we will be back I can assure you of that.
PS
we have also built our own 60,000 stadium ( paid for by the club not funded by a sugar daddy) while still staying competitive

I get what you say and dont doubt your passion - the one thing i will say is that attending the game in Hereford in 1997 when we we survived not only league status but probably the exisitance of the club ( non league football at Gillingham not sure would have been sustainable) - i dont think that feeling would ever be replaced by winning FA Cups, European Cups and league titles. Yes we have a sugar daddy - but a sugar daddy whose family have been involved with the club for decades and he is a genuine fan. This might be arrogant but after the last 15 years we deserve it no doubt and saturday will be a great occassion for my club and our fans JCL's or the fans that suffered the sale of the goldstone, 2 years at Gillingham and the Withdean years and fought the fight to our new home at the amex - which i am sure you will enjoy.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Another good post

You seem to having a conversation in an empty room there, mate. Was that 5 posts in a row?

From what I've read, nobody's having a dig at proper Arsenal fans like you. There just seems to be a bit of annoyance at people claiming to be fans of big clubs then lording it over fans of smaller clubs despite having never been to a game.

A friend of mine who's an Arsenal 'fan' is coming down from the West country to watch the game with his brother. They're both originally from Norfolk. Think my mate's been to the Emirates once, never went to Highbury. No doubt he'll be basking in Arsenal's glory if/when you win. I will find that a bit annoying too to be honest. Epitome of Plasticity.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Thank you for those fans that have spoken and put there point of view over in a well spoken way. As for those that use words like tosses etc I laugh in your face and say get a life. Maybe do what I do learn about other clubs appreciate what other fans have to put up with prem, Championship, etc it doesn't matter all fans are the same when dissected passionate about there club and want to see them play well again spare a thought the next time you slag off my great club and read what is on the BSM website and you will realise that there are thousands of Arsenal fans who can't go to matches or won't because of having to pay the highest prices in the Premiership.
http://www.wherehasourarsenalgone.co.uk

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
I get what you say and dont doubt your passion - the one thing i will say is that attending the game in Hereford in 1997 when we we survived not only league status but probably the exisitance of the club ( non league football at Gillingham not sure would have been sustainable) - i dont think that feeling would ever be replaced by winning FA Cups, European Cups and league titles. Yes we have a sugar daddy - but a sugar daddy whose family have been involved with the club for decades and he is a genuine fan. This might be arrogant but after the last 15 years we deserve it no doubt and saturday will be a great occassion for my club and our fans JCL's or the fans that suffered the sale of the goldstone, 2 years at Gillingham and the Withdean years and fought the fight to our new home at the amex - which i am sure you will enjoy.
I am sure I will enjoy it and I understand what you are saying but hitch hiking to Anfield in 1989 and seeing us win the title in the best ever ending to a title winning game can't be beaten. And going to Shitehsrt lane twice and Old Traffird and doing the same is as good if not better than your experiences and that was just a few of the memories that I have amongst many. Enjoy the game on Saturday

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
If arsenal play a strong team, and perform close to what they should then it would be reasonable to assume they will win.
In the championship we can assume to have more quality players than some teams. But not against Arsenal. Having sad that it will be interesting to see the difference. I have a sneaky suspicion the quality gap won't be as large as we expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports