Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance of Arsenal plastics

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
My colleague at work, who was at the Emirates yesterday was quite downbeat about Arsenal's chances at the Amex. Reckons a draw will be a reasonable result and they'll do us over in the replay...

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
but isn't SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY every teams biggest game???

no seriously i'd agree with your mates, this is our biggest game in years

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Speaketh the closet Gooner.

I do like Arsenal Catty. Irrespective of that though this is the best team we have played in a competative game at the Amex.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Doncaster game was a far, far bigger occasion. Which for me is enough to make it a bigger game. The likelihood is Arsenal will be at the Amex again in the not so distant future, the first game at at the Amex after 13 years without a home will not happen again.

Spot on - Donny will never be beaten

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm sure Donny was an incredibly special day but there will be far more people clambering for tickets for the Arsenal game than against a team who are now in League One.

Not for me, did anything to get a ticket that day. Not bothered about this match in the slightest. Might get dragged there by an Arsenal mate at work (he's been 3 times this season hardly prolific but not as plastic as most of their fans and earning near minimum wage I doubt he can afford many £62 plus travel tickets). Will otherwise be saving my money for Cardiff and Nottingham away plus I think 3 more interesting home league or cup games.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I wouldn't have missed the Donny game for anything. I haven't bothered getting a ticket for the game against Arsenal, I can't see what the fuss is about. It's not a big game to me.

Yep, and me. It's more because of it falling mid exams, but i'd never had missed the Doncaster game in a million years.

Arsenal however, yes, i'd love to be there, but I can cope with missing it. If you offered me one game until the end of the season, it would be Palace at home.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It would be terrible if we lost. Arsenal TV fans are a pain. Actually, I only know of one locally, but that is one too many.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I would also say games against Palace at home will be bigger than this one.

and I would even go as far to say Liverpool are a bigger team.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

sorry rant over, just needed to get it out.
It depends how you look at it, and from who's perspective.

I would suggest that to the majority of outsiders, the Arsenal game WOULD be seen as the biggest (it IS set to be, in terms of attendance and, arguably, the opposition, especially if AW puts out a full-strength squad). However, these people probably do not have the level of awareness of the massive journey that the club has been on since the 1990s. Ordinarily, the FA Cup game would be the biggest in stature, but NOTHING will beat that occasion last August when we played Doncaster at our brand new, and long-awaited, permanent home.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Arsenal match IS the biggest in terms of the crowd, the contest and the rasing of the club's profile nationally.

Brownie10105

Aug 14, 2012
Cotswoulds
I'd quite happily beat Palace in March and lose this one to Arsenal as league is much more important. It’s a good game but we shouldn't feel blessed to have their presence, especially when they charge their away fans £62! We should charge them the same amount, see how they feel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here