Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Are you a Bruce Springsteen fan?

Are you a Bruce Springsteen fan?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well?

I’m not!

Going out on a limb I suggest those that hate Floyd love the “boss” :shrug:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I don’t think I’ve heard anything he’s ever done except “Born in the USA” and it didn’t tempt me to explore any further.

I remember I did wish that he’d either stay in the USA, or go through passport control quietly like everybody else.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think I’ve heard anything he’s ever done except “Born in the USA” and it didn’t tempt me to explore any further.

I remember I did wish that he’d either stay in the USA, or go through passport control quietly like everybody else.
So not a Floyd or Boss fan?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes. But not as much as I used to be.

I started listening to him when I was 11.

Darkness On The Edge Of Town was my intro to him and remains my favourite album of his .

Other kids at school and my brothers would rip it out of me for liking him.

Now everyone claims to have always liked him. It’s kind of put me off a bit.

I’m capricious like that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I admit to enjoying Western Stars but that album is very different to the earlier very shouty irritating stuff..imo.

He has written some good songs but I am bored to tears after a couple of tracks of him singing

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Love and have seen both live, with the best Floyd their early stuff with Syd Barrett. As for Springsteen, even many non-fans agree that nobody comes close to him on stage.
I have heard the same but I was too stoned to get my arse into gear to go and watch someone I didn’t rate :lolol:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
You haven't really heard what he could do then.
I haven’t, but if his best known single consists of him repetitively confirming his country of birth, I suspected other gems might consist of:

“I was baptised at St Luke’s Church”

Or

“I was noshed off at the local park”

Or

“I was fined for speeding on the A303”

I didn’t feel I’d met anything that deserved further inspection. It all seemed a bit “Team America” for my liking.

I have also never trusted anyone trying to appear massively patriotic.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
His singing style can be a bit marmitey but his lyrics and story telling can be outstanding. Nebraska is my favourite album. Also like some Pink Floyd, for the guitar playing mostly, but I listen to Bruce much more often.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A fan.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I haven’t, but if his best known single consists of him repetitively confirming his country of birth, I suspected other gems might consist of:

Or

Or

I didn’t feel I’d met anything that deserved further inspection. It all seemed a bit “Team America” for my liking.

Definitely with you on this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His singing style can be a bit marmitey but his lyrics and story telling can be outstanding. Nebraska is my favourite album. Also like some Pink Floyd, for the guitar playing mostly, but I listen to Bruce much more often.
I was listening to Nebraska yesterday as it happens, a great album.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing

Or

Or

Not a huge fan, but happy to listen to him . But I thought it was pretty well know the Born In the USA is anything but patriotic. It's anti establishment and anti Vietnam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here