Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I just don’t trust BFS to not grind out 3 turgid 1-0 wins consecutively.

He's shown absolutely no evidence whatsoever of being able to do that in his 10 games so far, quite the opposite in fact. And even if he did, they'd still be in the relegation zone even if all of the teams above them lost all of their games. They're down.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Both Fulham and Sheffield United aren't playing badly and you could argue aren't getting the rub of the green.
The problem for teams in the bottom half is the lack of goals ensuring fewer wins.
Personally I think low thirty points is more than enough this season. We are good enough to push on for forty points.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Amazed how many people believe Fulham look good. They haven't won in forever. They ping it about nicely but have zero cutting edge. Can't see how that's suddenly going to turn around.

Great thing is I don't see much quality coming up from the championship either. If Norwich are romping it this season that tells you how crap the league is. I suspect none of the teams coming up will spend any money. So a nice comfortable season next time around as well where hopefully we can finally concentrate on the upper end rather than bottom 3.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fulham are playing quite well but getting nothing of note. Think their heads will drop soon as this is probably their good spell ironically. Credit to Parker for getting what he is out of them. They still have a chance.

WBA I fully expect to beat us but not concerned by them.

Sheff Utd I think will keep picking up points but run out of games.

Getting to the stage where every game they dont gain is a hammer blow.

If the gap grows anymore then I'll dismiss them but still think twists to come

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They haven't won in forever. They ping it about nicely but have zero cutting edge. Can't see how that's suddenly going to turn around.

Who does that sound like, to you?

Personally - I think the bottom three will be relegated, but all of them will have a few more wins before the end of the season. I doubt there will be a huge gap between 17th and 18th this season, no more than 4 or 5 points. Mathematically it'll get to the last few games but if we can keep our current defensive form going then it won't be anything for us to worry about.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Amazed how many people believe Fulham look good. They haven't won in forever. They ping it about nicely but have zero cutting edge. Can't see how that's suddenly going to turn around.
Oh that's not fair - it's less than a month since they romped home to a glorious 2-0 extra-time victory over the QUEEN'S Park Rangers.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fulham are playing quite well but getting nothing of note. Think their heads will drop soon as this is probably their good spell ironically. Credit to Parker for getting what he is out of them. They still have a chance.

WBA I fully expect to beat us but not concerned by them.

Sheff Utd I think will keep picking up points but run out of games.

Getting to the stage where every game they dont gain is a hammer blow.

If the gap grows anymore then I'll dismiss them but still think twists to come

Put it this way, if the football pools was still a thing, i'd be putting this one on my coupon

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We'd be almost home and hosed if we could win at West Brom and Sheffield Utd.

But we all know how unlikely that is.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Fancy that.....a team who ping it about nicely but are crap in front of goal.....it'll never catch on.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fancy that.....a team who ping it about nicely but are crap in front of goal.....it'll never catch on.

They are slightly more crap in front of goal (if you can get your head round that) that's the difference

We've scored 7 more, and conceded 1 less.

That 7 more has got us the extra 10 points.

Improvement is still needed if we're going to steer clear of trouble next season

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don't think we can start getting too cocky just yet. It's a very nice cushion to have but as we've shown this month it only takes a putting a little run together and Fulham look like a half decent side at the moment.

West Brom were awful yesterday but still managed to trouble spurs a couple of times. Sheffield United appear to be playing every game like a cup final and on another day could have got something out of the game yesterday.

We'll be doing well to balls it up from here but I don't think its out of the question. So in answer to the OP question, worrying no, keeping an eye on yes.

Correct.

Some are getting a bit too cocky. Lot of games to play, lot of points to play for. All it takes is a little run to put pressure on teams above again.

We’re looking in good shape but as the gaffer says let’s stay humble.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If our last 15 game run-in is as poor as it was in 2018/19 (defeats to Bournemouth, Cardiff, Fulham, Southampton, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Burnley) - a couple of scrappy draws and only 2 wins (Huddersfield and Palace) then we'd still finish on 35 points. Probably enough to stay up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If our last 15 game run-in is as poor as it was in 2018/19 (defeats to Bournemouth, Cardiff, Fulham, Southampton, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Burnley) - a couple of scrappy draws and only 2 wins (Huddersfield and Palace) then we'd still finish on 35 points. Probably enough to stay up.

Agreed. We’re in extremely good shape now. According to the 538 predictor we have a 2% chance of being relegated currently.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
As seen elsewhere..

After last night, Sheffield Utd will switch their home games to the Crucible, as they will now need snookers.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They are slightly more crap in front of goal (if you can get your head round that) that's the difference

Improvement is still needed if we're going to steer clear of trouble next season

Is that a copy and paste from last season? and the season before? and the season before ? :wink::rolleyes:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Lets not go there please. :eek::ohmy:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

We've scored 7 more, and conceded 1 less.

That 7 more has got us the extra 10 points.

They're a lot worse in front of goal. And they don't have a goalscorer like maupay. They are not comparable to us, we are much better.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here