Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree, I dont feel like we'll be relegated I just felt like it was too soon to be writing off all of the bottom 3 hence why I was still worrying about their results.

There’s a long way to go... remember our current GD is virtually a point in the bag too... I’m still worried about sheff utd and not in a good way ...

However, I have seen the improvement we needed to show ... we look lean, mean and keen ... we’ll be okay -keep the faith!

Albion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Beat palace and Fulham’s win is good given their form... we aren’t going down we are way better than everyone in bottom half except Wolves at full strength, Leeds on their day and Southampton on their day - we are good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People need to factor in Covid and the lockdown more than they are doing.

There are plenty of external reasons for people to be feeling down, so if you combine that with a loss of form and a string of bad results it can be a difficult rut to get out of.

Liverpool are testament to this. Klopp is not his normal self since his mother died, his team have been underperforming - they will be lucky to finish in the Top 4. Southampton have fallen off a cliff, losing their last 6 including that 9-0 against Man Utd.

Weird shit is going on.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If Chelsea beat Saints by a couple next weekend and we do the same to palace, we would move above both of them. Saints have lost their last 6 and are clearly struggling, palace only picked up 7 points from their last 8 games. I think we are more than capable of going above both and staying above them too. Sheffield and West Brom are imo not going to salvage enough points to stay up.
We've hit some good form, I'm totally confident we will stay up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I feel reasonably confident we’ll be okay, but I won’t assume we’re safe until mathematically so.

Today’s a good example, no guaranteed results, Fulham more than capable of picking up points. Let’s stay humble.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If Chelsea beat Saints by a couple next weekend and we do the same to palace, we would move above both of them. Saints have lost their last 6 and are clearly struggling, palace only picked up 7 points from their last 8 games. I think we are more than capable of going above both and staying above them too. Sheffield and West Brom are imo not going to salvage enough points to stay up.
We've hit some good form, I'm totally confident we will stay up.

By a couple of goals each? Goal difference doesn’t even come into it as Southampton and Palace are already far worse off than us in that respect

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes 100%. 3 Winnable games coming up for Fulham. We are still very much in a relegation fight at the moment. West brom are done and dusted, could be anyone of Fulham, Us, Newcastle or Burnley to drop.

You do realise how many points we’ve picked up since Christmas. 2nd in the form table, those around falling apart, metaphorically and literally in Newcastle Southampton and Palace. Beat Palace and we’ll be mid table.

Here’s for looking up not picking the bones out of Fulham’s first win in months.

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
What worries me is our good run of form has to turn at some point? we are not like the top 4 where you can win 10 games etc. in a row. We have climbed the table in recent weeks which is good but I do worry Southampton/Palace/Newcastle cant get much worse? surely there form will turn on the balance of how football works leaving us with a lot to do still. I am still positive we will just about have enough but I don't think we will finish higher than any of those teams.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
By a couple of goals each? Goal difference doesn’t even come into it as Southampton and Palace are already far worse off than us in that respect

My mistake, I was thinking saints had a better goal difference than us. We can stick to our usual 1-0 then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What worries me is our good run of form has to turn at some point? we are not like the top 4 where you can win 10 games etc. in a row. We have climbed the table in recent weeks which is good but I do worry Southampton/Palace/Newcastle cant get much worse? surely there form will turn on the balance of how football works leaving us with a lot to do still. I am still positive we will just about have enough but I don't think we will finish higher than any of those teams.
Palace are shit though, right?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

There's another thread near the top of page 1. Your answer to the reason for our form is there. Give you a clue short person or giant? Can't see that changing of course we'll lose games but we will recover. We have just played off the park Villa, who had one shot on target. We were missing arguably our most in form defender.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Brighton 9 shots on target 0 goals.
Fulham 3 shots on target 2 goals.
We have to do something to resolve this as it will be our downfall.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

You worry to much. We’ll be 12th at worst come the end of the season

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brighton 9 shots on target 0 goals.
Fulham 3 shots on target 2 goals.
We have to do something to resolve this as it will be our downfall.

Play against the Everton keeper every game? Better still the Leeds one as of today.

But I agree we are a couple of goal scorers away from top 10.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
2A66CF4E-AA08-4895-991B-67947A910179.jpeg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Oddly, it’s generally the bookies that soothe my pessimistic brow. They’re the professionals, while I’ve far too much invested in the team and can’t look at it objectively.

I will always be slightly concerned until the maths says otherwise but if the bookies feel we’ve got it covered, I’m happy to trust them on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here