[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My formula for the points target is to look at the teams below and project their points finish based 1 more point for each game they have to play, with an extra 2 points for a win on the last day.

So the season starts with a target of 40.

Anyway my projections are :

Fulham - 33
West Brom - 29
Sheff Utd - 28

Meaning we need 9 more points.... and 3 wins v Villa, Palace and West Brom would do the job nicely.

None of them are close to a point a game at the moment. Doubt any of them will get to those totals

I tend to agree but I think one of the teams is bound to hit a short purple patch pulling them closer towards a point per game average.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Pretty confident we are safe now and should go shit or bust for the cup. We have the new shirt, the 4 years in the top flight, and a manager with white shoes and a toby jug hairline with added side burns.

Some of the above may be incorrect.

Toby jug hairline? I love it HWT; I think the council cut his hair last time around.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My formula for the points target is to look at the teams below and project their points finish based 1 more point for each game they have to play, with an extra 2 points for a win on the last day.

So the season starts with a target of 40.

Anyway my projections are :

Fulham - 33
West Brom - 29
Sheff Utd - 28

Meaning we need 9 more points.... and 3 wins v Villa, Palace and West Brom would do the job nicely.

I think this is a good prediction for how things will pan out for the current bottom 3 and confirms what I felt after the Burnley draw, we needed another 10 points for safety, im confident enough we'll get them but I dont think it'll be as easy to achieve as many think.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My focus is always on the bottom 3. Whilst it is unlikely any of them will reach above 35 points, until we're mathematically safe, that is where I will focus.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
How can you not? Sure its about us winning, but how many we need to win depends on how many the bottom 3 win.

Pleased to see West Brom and Sheffield lost today which increased our gap to them this weekend, Fulham draw keeps us equidistant as prior to this weekends games. One less set of games left before the season ends and another step closer to safety imo.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I tend to agree but I think one of the teams is bound to hit a short purple patch pulling them closer towards a point per game average.

Go on, explain this one further.

I mean it's possible clearly. It's more likely I'd say that heads drop and they can't even maintain their current ppg.

I don't think it's impossible (maybe about a 10% chance) that we've got enough already

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Our good recent run has not only stretched the gap between us and the bottom three but has also put us in the mix with Burnley and Newcastle ( and even Palace, Saints and Wolves ) If someone below hits a mini purple patch, that involves at least Burnley and Newcastle as well. Three from six or seven represents much better odds than three from four, which it was looking like a few weeks ago.
As it stands, Fulham would have to win four more games than us over their last 16 games and WBA and SheffU five more games over their remaining 15 games. I am expecting us to win another 3-4 games, so is it realistic, given their number of wins thus far, to expect Fulham to win at least 7 of their remaining 16 games and the other two at least 8 of their remaining 15 games. I think not.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only concerned about Fulham. Like us not long ago playing well but not winning including recent Chelsea game. Capable of putting run together

SAC

May 21, 2014
The gap is now too big to worry about however this wont stop me looking at the results from the bottom three and wanting the gap to increase. I suspect that just six points more are needed for survival.

I think a Champions League place is probably out of the question.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It wouldn't surprise me if none of the current bottom 3 got into the 30s. At the same stage last year even Norwich had more points (17) than Fulham, West Brom and Sheff Utd have now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As long as we dont have an absolutely shocking last 15 games then we'll be fine. Us picking up 15 points definitely keeps us up, picking up 10 points should keep us up, even just picking up 7 or 8 points would still give us a chance of staying up given the other teams form.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I must say I am still marginally worried about Fulham.

That will change if they lose on Saturday at Everton, and then lose their game in hand on the 17th at Burnley.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't think we can start getting too cocky just yet. It's a very nice cushion to have but as we've shown this month it only takes a putting a little run together and Fulham look like a half decent side at the moment.

West Brom were awful yesterday but still managed to trouble spurs a couple of times. Sheffield United appear to be playing every game like a cup final and on another day could have got something out of the game yesterday.

We'll be doing well to balls it up from here but I don't think its out of the question. So in answer to the OP question, worrying no, keeping an eye on yes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I must say I am still marginally worried about Fulham.

That will change if they lose on Saturday at Everton, and then lose their game in hand on the 17th at Burnley.

Fulham's best chance of mounting a charge, is to win both of their games against Burnley. If they do that, then Burnley look in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports