Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Regrets ....

04B77214-B9FA-4276-8AF3-7EF6CDF292B3.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next up Burnley, Sockboy Villa, Palace and West Brom.

It'll be great to get a large points haul from that lot and pretty much put relegation to bed.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Worrying? No, but .....
One swallow does not make a Summer and a couple of excellent results do not guarantee that it will continue. So I am pleased to see the bottom sides losing, whoever they may be....until we are mathematically certain of survival.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Next up Burnley, Sockboy Villa, Palace and West Brom.

It'll be great to get a large points haul from that lot and pretty much put relegation to bed.

Yes it would, but in reality 3 of those teams have managed to sneak draws from us already this season, after taking an absolute battering.
Hopefully our new found confidence, will see us through. I want 8 points, but as long as there is 3 from Palace I'll be happy with whatever else we get.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Worrying? No, but .....
One swallow does not make a Summer and a couple of excellent results do not guarantee that it will continue. So I am pleased to see the bottom sides losing, whoever they may be....until we are mathematically certain of survival.

P6 W3 D2 L1 F6 A4 pts11

In a 2021 games only table we are top 6.

The only loss was a bit of an unlucky defeat v City (and a very good performance). Little bit more than one swallow so far in 2021 wouldn't you say?

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 17.35.52.png

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Let's not lie to ourselves, who hasn't looked at Wolves, Palace, Southampton and Leeds up and coming fixtures?

You really haven't looked anywhere but below us, not even a sneeky peek? :whistle::albion2:

I'll always be more nervous than optimistic when it comes to the Albion. :albion2: On Jan 1st, Fulham and WBA would've looked at our upcoming fixtures and rubbed their hands together. Wolves, City, Leeds away, Spurs and Liverpool in their next six. It would take the wildest optimist to have predicted 10 points from those five games.

I said a while ago that my main criticism of Potter was that we look a lot more convincing when the opposition play more openly than when we have to break teams down. We're playing 3 teams in the next month whose first objective will be to stifle our game and not let us score, it's going to be tough. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but just because we beat Liverpool, it doesn't mean that we're guaranteed 9 points from West Brom, Burnley and Palace. We're four wins from safety I reckon, get that sorted and I'll stop looking below us.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We have a long way to go. Watching Fulham, like us before this run , looking good but no wins. Capable of putting 2/3 wins together

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The postponed Burnley v Fulham match has finally been rearranged - now on Feb 17th.

Last chance saloon for Fulham. They have to win it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Until we're mathematically safe, yes. Yes I am. It'd be imprudent not to do so. Safety first, then look up.

Spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think you still have to look slightly over your shoulder but not that much. There’s a way to go but a far more confidence inducing gap that will help the players massively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We have 8 tracker points to play for over the next 4 games, and these are precisely the games we have struggled in previously.
Lose 3 of them and you can forget looking up the table for a while,

I seem to remember winning 3 games 1-0 under CH and similar conversations were being had back then too.
This is somewhat different I'll grant you, but I'll be looking both ways for a few games yet.

Somewhat different? I remember those three games and thinking we were lucky in all of them - the cracks were there. This is not 'somewhat', but 'totally' different. We just look so comfortable and composed now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Still being cautious and looking at their results for at least a few more games yet. If we get complacent then any team in the league can beat us, Fulham could pull off a few surprise wins, and then suddenly the table looks a lot different.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If we can hit 30 points by the end of February then I'll be confident we'll stay up but in this league it wouldn't be out of the question for us to go 10 plus games without a win and one of the bottom 3 are likely to go on some sort of run. The Burnley game worries me in the short term, exactly the sort of game we lose.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Match or better their results = we stay up. Got a bit of wriggle room now so not so worried. I’m bit more excited who we can catch now tbh.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Interesting that only 3 teams have failed to win away, but 7 teams haven't won at home yet (including Liverpool!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here