Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are They Just Incredibly Thick?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
There are many intelligent young people, but there are many that are still gullible as F**K.

There is no way the vast majority of 16-17-year-olds are old enough and have enough experience in life to vote at a GE.

This just proves why you should be a minimum of 21 years old as the brain and body have not seen enough life to judge such a decision.

Sorry for guys who are under 21 but you really need to get some life experience under your belt as many of your age group are gullible enough to believe in Corbyn and McDonnell and Swinson's breasts.

I fear the young have been groomed for far too long by Corbyn, the man wears a mask and isn't genuine.

"Sorry, anyone able to collect their pension should be ineligible to vote, you have ran your course and you shouldn't have a say in a future you won't see."

See how ridiculous that sounds? That's how you sound.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You’ve never heard Sexual Healing or What’s Going On?

Earlier this year, I met a girl in London, who was originally from Latvia, but had lived here from a young age (she sounded English to me), she’s 24.

She told me she had never heard of Oasis :ffsparr:

As a reggae man living central Europe its understandable people won't know reggae artists so much but they have been in the west long enough to recognise Marvin Gaye and Oasis!!

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
... or Russian.

If you're Czech, you'd probably date it from the invasion of Sudatenland in 1938.

There's never one single point of view

Still crops up in conversion here. In the Czech view, we threw them under the bus

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your history teacher should be differentiating between the causes of the war and the actual start. Following the armistice and treaty of Versaille, we weren't at war with Germany but the punitive conditions laid the foundation for the rise of the Nazis. We didn't declare war until 1939.

You're right of course but in fairness to 2prof and his teacher, I think that's what they meant.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I remember working in an office and finding out that not a single one of my colleagues had heard of Bessie Smith. I was so staggered by that I had to dash out for a pig-foot and a bottle of beer straight away.

Blimey, that's a real shame.

Guess it would have been different if he'd scored...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Go out of your front door and turn left at the end of the street, you will come to a crossroads, turn right and go straight ahead until you reach the sea, it's straight ahead of you.

One of my Dad's favourites from his time in the mob, was 'how do you get to Africa/Caribbean, East of Suez' etc
His answer - turn right at the Isle of Wight. He was a Pompey rating.

Many times on tv quizzes, people do not know the difference between continents and countries. What do they teach them in geography now?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can add Top Gun to the unbelievably long list that is "Films I've never watched ...."

I'm still trying to process this. You've NEVER seen Top Gun. Shocking, truly shocking.

They smear themselves in baby oil, and play beach volleyball - in their JEANS (with not a doris in sight). Its a culturally iconic moment in the history of cinema.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

D

Deleted member 2719

In that case I'd like to motion that all 60+ year olds (average UK life expectancy minus 21 years) are banned from voting as their 'life experience' is out of date and thus hold obsolete views.

What a load of codswallop.

If you're going to use arguments like that then lets apply intelligence test to allow people to vote. There are plenty of people older than 21 who are too thick to analyse what to vote for.

What a load of cobblers. There are plenty of older people who don't have the sense to vote either. It possibly evens out.

My younger daughter's father-in-law, who is in his '80s, has proclaimed to me that people don't like the Daily Mail "because it prints the truth". Anybody who is prepared to take what any daily Newspaper prints as absolute gospel all the time is suspect, but the Daily Mail...….

"Sorry, anyone able to collect their pension should be ineligible to vote, you have ran your course and you shouldn't have a say in a future you won't see."

See how ridiculous that sounds? That's how you sound.

I am not sure how old you lot are, but one thing that is certain under 21s are at about 25% into their lives, some have not even had a job or left home yet, how the feck have they got ALL the understanding that they NEED to make an accurate decision on which party to VOTE for???

All they have learnt to that point is the stuff that has been rammed into their heads through Universities, where they have generally been groomed by Corbyn's bribes, he has been playing the long game and FIDDLING with our youth, who are incredibly vulnerable.
If this were done in a sexual way you would all string him up.

If you can't see that may I suggest you may be on the gullibility scale and open to be shafted by Comrade Corbyn and McDonnell?

Of course, it's down to you what you vote, but just think about it things can get a million times worse long term, don't be taken in by the short term bullsh*t.

Now the important bit, fantasise over Swinsons breast as you wish, but one thing for sure she won't be thinking of your penis.:hilton:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry for guys who are under 21 but you really need to get some life experience under your belt as many of your age group are gullible enough to believe in Corbyn and McDonnell and Swinson's breasts.

Swinson`s breasts are indeed unbelievable.
Who are they standing against in the election?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It was a tongue in cheek comment due to [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] ridiculous statement about young people voting. However, seeing as you asked (and I'm warming to the idea) here is a start:

Global warming isn’t something to worry about. I worried about that before I was old enough to vote, then I realised it was doomsayer bullocks. Even if it was something to worry about, why would the citizens of a country that only produces 1% of the world’s carbon emissions be really that bothered anyway?

I really doubt there’s anyone who thinks that the 50’s were better, but I bet there were upsides to living then, but we can’t have the best of both world’s unfortunately.

I’m not sure any generation has a sound understanding of mental health issues. We’ll probably have a whole new bunch of mental illnesses in a decade.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am not sure how old you lot are, but one thing that is certain under 21s are at about 25% into their lives, some have not even had a job or left home yet, how the feck have they got ALL the understanding that they NEED to make an accurate decision on which party to VOTE for???

All they have learnt to that point is the stuff that has been rammed into their heads through Universities, where they have generally been groomed by Corbyn's bribes, he has been playing the long game and FIDDLING with our youth, who are incredibly vulnerable.
If this were done in a sexual way you would all string him up.

If you can't see that may I suggest you may be on the gullibility scale and open to be shafted by Comrade Corbyn and McDonnell?

Of course, it's down to you what you vote, but just think about it things can get a million times worse long term, don't be taken in by the short term bullsh*t.

Now the important bit, fantasise over Swinsons breast as you wish, but one thing for sure she won't be thinking of your penis.:hilton:

You really are making yourself look a bit dim!!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It's a valid point, and indeed even for Britain it didn't really start until 1940 (the bit before was called the 'phoney war'). However you'd expect a vaguely intelligent person to say '1939', as that's the accepted date for British people - even if it isn't 100% accurate. As was pointed out before it is one of THE most important events of the last 100 years.

Also it's the date on most of the war memorials in most high streets, so not knowing isn't really the fault of 'modern education' (which tends not to be so date-centric as it used to be), it is just blind ignorance and not paying any attention to anything that isn't in your little bubble.

Still, I'm sure they know the names of all the contestants on this year's Love Island.

The British Expeditionary Force was sent to France in September 1939 shortly after the joint declaration of war by Britain and France. The war DID start in 1939 which is why it is the accepted date and IS STRICTLY 100% accurate.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All those people arguing about what date other countries use for the start of WW2 (and yes I know I muddied the water a bit myself) are missing the point: we're talking about the year that we in Britain accept is the start, which is 1939.

And without wishing to labour my own point too much, not being able to give the start and end dates of WW2 is nothing to do with education, intelligence or age; it just means you've been wandering around the country all your life idly wondering (if they registered at all) what all those stone obelisks with all the names on are.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The British Expeditionary Force was sent to France in September 1939 shortly after the joint declaration of war by Britain and France. The war DID start in 1939 which is why it is the accepted date and IS STRICTLY 100% accurate.

Once again, (and I wish I'd just stuck to 1939) not for other countries it isn't.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry, you've reverted to the inexplicable. I've no idea who they are or how they voted or whether they are racists.

I do apologise.They are the current batch from Lord Sugar's Apprentice show,one of whom has been widely accused of racism in the common people's press.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Global warming isn’t something to worry about. I worried about that before I was old enough to vote, then I realised it was doomsayer bullocks. Even if it was something to worry about, why would the citizens of a country that only produces 1% of the world’s carbon emissions be really that bothered anyway?

I really doubt there’s anyone who thinks that the 50’s were better, but I bet there were upsides to living then, but we can’t have the best of both world’s unfortunately.

I’m not sure any generation has a sound understanding of mental health issues. We’ll probably have a whole new bunch of mental illnesses in a decade.

Wonderful stuff :thumbsup:

I'm just glad I don't run the risk of running into you down to local!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here