Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believe that all of the stadium catering has been sub-contracted out to Azure. Hearsay is that it's a fixed price contract so, financially, it makes no difference to the club whether 1 pie is sold or 10,000 pies are sold. I'm not sure I believe that is completely true.

I'd be interested to know the KPIs etc in place and how Azure are performing against their contract. Not that we'll know, obviously, as it will be commercially sensitive.

It is a fixed price contract and up to a point the club do not make any further money but beyond this point the profits are split between Azure and the Albion. So it is in the club's financial interests to sell as much as possible.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It is a fixed price contract and up to a point the club do not make any further money but beyond this point the profits are split between Azure and the Albion. So it is in the club's financial interests to sell as much as possible.

When I asked Martin Perry he told me the same thing with a smile, along the lines of " The more you drink the better it is for us".

When the Club waves the flag for what the stadium is achieving for the local economy, the message is all about the Club's success in selling pies and beer. Azure never get a mention.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I asked on one of the many other threads about this topic what the relationship was between Azure and the Stadium and then the Club and didn't see an answer. Does the Amex rent the space to Azure to do with as they please (although ensuring local suppliers)??

I believe that all of the stadium catering has been sub-contracted out to Azure. Hearsay is that it's a fixed price contract so, financially, it makes no difference to the club whether 1 pie is sold or 10,000 pies are sold. I'm not sure I believe that is completely true.

I'd be interested to know the KPIs etc in place and how Azure are performing against their contract. Not that we'll know, obviously, as it will be commercially sensitive.

I asked Insider this same question. Apparently the club DO benefit from sales. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?215088-Catering-income-question-%28NOT-a-moan-about-queues-pies-chips-etc!%29

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway, I have said what I wanted. I don't particularly expect a reply but hope the service improves in the future. Pounds are a rare commodity nowadays, especially pounds that people want to hand over so to not grab this opportunity with a few basic changes that would not cost a fortune seems a crying shame to me. Thanks for the feedback.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
I had my quickest half time beer and pie experience ever on Monday. Got up after the half time whistle went. Walked to the first queue in WSU block A, stood behind 4 other people and was served within a few minutes. Supped a pie, scoffed a pint and was back in my seat in Row A to watch the teams come out again.

This is the first time I have seen both the end of the first half and the start of the second half at the Amex.

No complaints from me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It seems by now there is enough feedback to suggest the main area of poor service, speed and availability of food is in the East Stand.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Beer poor, pies hit and miss except for the Christmas TART which was simply atrocious. I want to smoke and drink pre match so why can't we be like Reading and allow this? Why doesn't the smartcard allow re entry? As for the beer queue the lack of bars seem to be the problem in WSL. And why no spirits? Could be so much better at our new home BUT THIS IS NOT A MOAN.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I think there is enough contained in this thread for Azure to see that they need to sort out the East Stand catering problems. To cater to my lazy side could you post the email address of the person you have been in contact with at Azure? I think I might send them a copy of this thread. Thanks

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I think there is enough contained in this thread for Azure to see that they need to sort out the East Stand catering problems. To cater to my lazy side could you post the email address of the person you have been in contact with at Azure? I think I might send them a copy of this thread. Thanks

I would NOT go to Azure. Send it to Albion first so they can be made aware and follow it up.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
When I made a complaint to the club recently I received an email from (and subsequently met with) Stuart Laming who is:

Public Catering Manager
Azure/ Brighton & Hove Albion FC
American Express Community Stadium

I had a lovely meeting with him and the club are very much aware of all our concerns and are trying to improve things. May I suggest you write to him first - I can give you his email address if you PM me.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Ah right Gareth - you're East. I believe you of course but trust me WSU is perfect. I know that doesn't help you tho. I have been very, very impressed with how the club have tinkered things throughout the yr tho - pre pured pints / see through safety glass / new coach layouts etc etc - the club do listen and do imoprove. I hope they sort the East. Went on a tour the other day and did notice there wasn't many kiosks in the East...

Perhaps the problem with the East Stand (and it seems from this that The east is where most of the dissatisfaction is coming from) is that the stand itself is only half finished so space is at a premium and a lot of things that are taking up storage capacity are things needing storage for the expansion works, should that be approved.

But as other have said, WSU seems to be relatively well sorted out now.............................................................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here