Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The festive pie was, erm, strange... Wasn't quite sure what was in it. Not completely inedible however (even tho it was served nearly cold)!

As I said when the first publicity shots were released, I've seen road accidents more appealing than the festive pie...

Attachments

• 0,,10433~10301528,00.gif
    0,,10433~10301528,00.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 29

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think it depends who you get and how much experience they have on the tables but long way to go to be high enough standard for "high class dining"

The staff on the snacks need to be shown how to serve and present food at £5 a pop - it looks like they have been dumped with the food and left to work out the rest.

The young lady and gentleman who attend to our needs could not be better in the circumstances and the (mass) catering is a cut above any other I've had in Brighton by some distance. All this shows a huge improvement over the beginning of the season (I wrote them a letter after the Liverpool game that made US's look like an exercise in restraint and politesse) and demonstrates that Azure are improving things. Credit were credit is due, that said, they still have a long way to go in the rest of the ground by the sound of it.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Queues were the shortest I have experienced at the Amex in WSL yesterday - very atypical. And as for the atmosphere? Was derad compared to normal in C block. Too many regulars missing - and no one joining in.

Question for you - how is the view compared to WSU? I'n in row S in C clock and love the view but have wondered about WSU.

From a personal point of view it was a lot better than I was expecting, the problem was the view for my 8 year old Grandson. The gradient of the WSU terracing is a lot steeper and everyone gets a good view regardless of how tall the person is in front of you. With the more shallow gradient of the WSL he struggled to see due to the size of the people in front of us. We are row J of H block WSU and you get a much better view of the whole game (movements off the ball, tactics, off-sides etc.) and the atmosphere (especially in G & H Blocks) is brilliant. It made a change being closer to the away fans but we prefer being nearer the North Stand.

Last edited:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Match: Wrexham
Stand: East

Arrived at the game yesterday, and went to the usual refreshment counter in the East (the one towards the South, opposite the main East turnstiles). Managed to get a Harveys & Kronenbourg after just a couple of minutes queuing, which I think was down to the lower than normal numbers in the East.

Different story at halftime though. On the stroke of half time, my brother went to queue for a drink whilst I went to the loo. By the time I got back to him, he had moved halfway down the queue and we were reasonably optimistic. However, we got to the front and ordered a Harveys. The person serving me looked around to the abandoned Harveys pump, devoid of any pre-poured pints. We were then advised that it was now too late for alcohol to be served (this was still during the half-time break). We looked around to the dozen or so pre-poured Fosters & Kronenbourg and asked him if he was sure. He went off to check, and came back to say that he was wrong - and they were still serving alcohol. However, he didn't know where the person using the Harveys pump had gone - and he wasn't allowed to use it himself. I asked if the Supervisor was around (the long, ginger-haired guy) but he just shrugged to suggest that he'd gone AWOL. People behind us were starting to grumble, so I just got a Strongbow instead and paid up.

Then, before we were halfway through our drinks, Forster-Caskey scored. Didn't even realise the 2nd half had started. Grr. So, yeah, took the full half-time interval to get a drink and Harveys was unavailable since the person doing the pump was nowhere to be found. We did eventually notice the Supervisor at the back, folding up pie-boxes (despite the fact that there were a good 40 or so pies still on the shelves).

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I sampled the west upper. I know it wasn't sold out but the service was quick, queues far less and they seemed to have well stocked at 2pm and 2.30pm being the two times I queued. Even at half time the queues were more manageable than i had been used to. Also the mobile harveys stands were present (which is a step up from the east). Finally, there seemed to be more shelf space than in the east. This seems to show that with focus it can be achieved so here's hoping azure make the same efforts in the east.

So if anybody from wsu wants to complain in the future then you clearly don't know how lucky you are. The wsu is light years ahead of the east in terms of catering.

Cenotaff

Jan 8, 2012
In the away end the queues were pretty big but credit to your staff they were working their genitals off and despite the crazy rush the service was friendly in my own personal experience. The amount of pints we were going through there could have been more people actually pulling the pints as it seemed one guy was dealing with multiple orders from various tills at once. I don't mean to slag your crew off though as, like I said, they were flat out.

The steak and ale pie was awesome too. You can tell there's a bit more love gone into them rather than some factory shipped pie. The herbs on top of the crust worked a treat.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
So if anybody from wsu wants to complain in the future then you clearly don't know how lucky you are. The wsu is light years ahead of the east in terms of catering.

No idea why I am still adding to this thread, but here we go...

The East stand on Saturday had three beer stands out. The poor bloke at the family stand end was bored stupid as there was no one to serve. I walked straight up and ordered a pint no queue whatsoever, no quality issues to report. I didn't bother with a pie, but couldn't here anyone squealing, so I assume they were okay as well. I had to have a pint of cider after the game though, as the Wrexham fans had already polished off the decent stuff in their end of the ground. Nice friendly bunch, some good banter and no problems getting served.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here