Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ive given up buying anything other than a pint after the game in the ground now

swan before the game, lovely burger and none of the stress that comes with the ineptitude displayed within the concourses

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Doesn't the 'customer services arm' fall within Richard Hebberd's remit?

I dont know but thought operations (Hebberd), Secretary (Allen), accounts (David) and Customer Services (Townsend) all reported into Ken Brown

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I wrote to Azure in November and never got a reply. Is that patient enough?

What is clear here is that the East Stand seems to be getting the rump of the poor service. I'm very pleased that elsewhere the service has improved significantly and hope the same can be done for the east. Or is this because all the polite people are in the east (the respect and family stands) that perhaps the staff arent coming under quite the same level of pressure to improve. (please note the ironic tone)

I don't think that's the case though. In my experience, the West Upper has got worse and worse. It seemed much better for the early games, more staff, quicker service, hot pies, etc etc.

Perhaps the reason why some people find it better at the moment is because so many people have now GIVEN UP on the kiosks up there. Especially between 2.30-3.00, and at half time - peak times. Also... when, if ever, is Hop Head going to hit he concourses!?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think that's the case though. In my experience, the West Upper has got worse and worse. It seemed much better for the early games, more staff, quicker service, hot pies, etc etc.

I thought the consensus was that the WSU was sluggish to start with, then improved. Which way round is it?

Also... when, if ever, is Hop Head going to hit he concourses!?

When Dark Star get their arses into gear.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Perhaps the reason why some people find it better at the moment is because so many people have now GIVEN UP on the kiosks up there. Especially between 2.30-3.00, and at half time - peak times. Also... when, if ever, is Hop Head going to hit he concourses!?

Never had a problem in the WSU, and I normally have something before the game at H-T and after. I don't normally get anything between 2.30 and 3.00 though. my experience of the WSU is pretty positive. Does sound like the East Stand is a nightmare though.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I thought the consensus was that the WSU was sluggish to start with, then improved. Which way round is it?

My personal opinion is that there is no discernable improvement. That view is certainly shared 6 or 7 of us that sit together. We just don't really try anymore it often just results in more frustration. I'm glad that some peoples experience are getting better but it does seem a shame that customers who are keen to spend money just don't bother ...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've never had a problem with the WSU. Only in the early days with the random times they stopped serving alcohol. Normally in the ground around 2-2.15, pie+pint. Food is often fair-good. No complaints here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just been sent the 1901 Jan newletter (Profile Lounge) and it states that the half-time pies for the Wrexham game are being supplied by Yorks of Dundee

Home Page

What is this all about?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have just been sent the 1901 Jan newletter (Profile Lounge) and it states that the half-time pies for the Wrexham game are being supplied by Yorks of Dundee

Home Page

What is this all about?

There is nothing wrong with the Piglets Pantry pies when they have not run out, sold quickly, efficiently, with the right pie ordered and importantly NOT cold, infact they are lovely. Alas this seems to be beyond Azure.

Last edited:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
MOST caterers probably make the judgement that selling out of food and drink is a sign of a profitable, successful business.

Yes, but selling out when you still have thousands of people waiting to be served is lost profit.

Put simply,There's two reasons to sell out:

1) Huge numbers of customers = good
2) Not enough stock = bad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Home Page

What is this all about?

How bizarre - can you ask? Seems to contravene the 'locally sourced' ethos about as badly as is possible.

Does it tell you what flavour(s) you'll be getting? (Their list here - Steak Gravy, Mince and Chicken Curry Pies)

There's an interesting article on the St Johnstone site about how they took their catering back in house this season after 3 years of out-sourcing. They also used Yorkes who, of course, are quite local to them - St Johnstone Football Club - News Archive

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, but selling out when you still have thousands of people waiting to be served is lost profit.

Put simply,There's two reasons to sell out:

1) Huge numbers of customers = good
2) Not enough stock = bad

As has been said numerous times - they've not sold out of pies at a single game this season, often selling them at a significant discount and/or handing out freebies to the very last punters left in the ground or in Dick's.

Their issue seems to be providing a suitable and consistent supply to all outlets at all times. A punter may be told 'sold out' at 2:30, but pies will actually return to that outlet at some point later.

As has been said numerous times - they've not sold out of pies at a single game this season, often selling them at a significant discount and/or handing out freebies to the very last punters left in the ground or in Dick's.

Their issue seems to be providing a suitable and consistent supply to all outlets at all times. A punter may be told 'sold out' at 2:30, but pies will actually return to that outlet at some point later.
leave it bozza leave it!!! its not worth it!:moo:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

That's an issue that neds resolving, having them left and people being told they've sold out is very poor indeed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not too difficult to work out. In the East Stand catering between blocks C & B, often Harvey's runs out, and because there is only space for 1, or 2 kegs at most, the walk to the store room is some way from the outlet. You then have 8 separate queues all ordering Harvey's and the staff don't realise it's run out and the whole thing breaks down. In any supply chain you are only as strong (or as quick) as your weakest link, and in the case of the East Stand it appears to be getting stock to the outlets once they've run out (whether pies or ale).

I would have said this comes down to staff numbers. There don't appear to be any designated runners whose sole purpose is to retrieve stock as it's needed in a particular outlet. I've seen the guy that was happily keeping the lines going pre-pouring drinks have to leave his post to get a new keg etc. thus slowing everything else up. I don't really see any management level organisation going on to be honest, I'd have thought simple communications to runners could quickly keep each outlet in stock as it's needed.

That said, in East Stand B/C I've no real complaints, they're generally doing a pretty good job of it, but there is always room for improvement.

DEN_WSU

Jan 5, 2012
Brighton
The only time i have been told pies were sold out in WSU was the first day of the balti pie and i guess that was just because everyone wanted to give it a go. After every home game this season there have been pies left in the racks an hour after the game at one bar or another in WSU.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Home Page

What is this all about?

It will be a scotch pie . In the Azure lounge, we had these for the halftime snack at the international.

It will look like this
_40534695_scotchpieabove203.jpg
Steak___Gravy_Pi_4d24dcdf4db60_150x200.jpg

as opposed to this
01.jpg

It is smaller and quicker to eat tho not as nice as a Piglet (but then what is?)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports