Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Because 1 person could go out with other cards off their mates who have stayed in the ground and hand them to others waiting outside to get in

My answer to that would be their choice because there would be no seat for them but I suppose that wouldn't work on occasions when there were empty seats everywhere. Thankfully not happened so far. But yes, point taken on days when the Amex isn't at full capacity.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Because 1 person could go out with other cards off their mates who have stayed in the ground and hand them to others waiting outside to get in

My answer to that would be their choice because there would be no seat for them but I suppose that wouldn't work on occasions when there were empty seats everywhere. Thankfully not happened so far. But yes, point taken on days when the Amex isn't at full capacity.

and that would get the stadium closed INSTANTLY on the grounds of safety

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is a company that took half the season to realise that pre-pouring teas and coffees in the 1901 club shortly before half-time might be a good idea. Until the Saints game, they appeared to be caught by surprise every single week that lots of people suddenly piled indoors at 3.45 and stood there painfully pumping drinks out of the flasks at about one cup a minute as the queues grew longer and longer.

Likewise, as far as I can make out, they still lack the necessary catering expertise to offer more than one option for food at any game (well, 1 meat plus one veggie main) but want £30+ a head.

For a company which sell themselves as experienced stadium caterers it's an absolute joke. Azure deserve all the flak they get. They're supposed to be experts at this stuff - that's why they got the contract, no? To still be learning on the job at this stage and turning out a largely piss poor product is pathetic.

Thank goodness for Piglet's Pantry - still the only reason to use the Amex catering, even if the Azure staff frequently do their best to cock it up by giving you the wrong pie, or a barely warm one or, this week's novelty, pies that were almost entirely flat. For some reason, they looked as if Rickie Lambert had been sitting on them for 90 minutes before kick off (which might have explained the temperature too - fat boy's buttocks only being capable of achieving 'lukewarm').

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
As much as I am the first to agree that you pay your money to the club so as far as complaints are concerned they should recieve them, but maybe direct, sensible e mails from everyone will help, surely if they get enough e mails stating peoples concerns / issues it will assist in certain issues being addressed, I will say now just e mailing them and saying it is crap etc is a waste of time, a well consrtucted complaint will always be listened to.

By clicking on the link below and then clicking on the contact us link it provides an e mail address. This is a public web site so anyone can access it.

http://www.azurecatering.co.uk/contact_us.html

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As much as I am the first to agree that you pay your money to the club so as far as complaints are concerned they should recieve them, but maybe direct, sensible e mails from everyone will help, surely if they get enough e mails stating peoples concerns / issues it will assist in certain issues being addressed, I will say now just e mailing them and saying it is crap etc is a waste of time, a well consrtucted complaint will always be listened to.

By clicking on the link below and then clicking on the contact us link it provides an e mail address. This is a public web site so anyone can access it.

http://www.azurecatering.co.uk/contact_us.html

My experience is that the ONLY complaints ever acted on are the ones that are very harsh. The nicely nicely e mails will be shredded imo. Why Sugar coat it ?. I have had no reply in 48 hours to my e mail to the Head Honcho at Azure. Can't say I'm surprised, it just reinforces my opinion of them. Pretty shambolic all in all and we have another 4 years of them.

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I say it again, you need to follow up with the club and not the catering company.

I can assure you that if Ken Brown came knocking on their door because he has received numerous complaints, things will start happening.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I wil told to address Azure first, which I have done with no reply so far.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
My experience is that the ONLY complaints ever acted on are the ones that are very harsh. The nicely nicely e mails will be shredded imo. Why Sugar coat it ?. I have had no reply in 48 hours to my e mail to the Head Honcho at Azure. Can't say I'm surprised, it just reinforces my opinion of them. Pretty shambolic all in all and we have another 4 years of them.

My wording, which I used carefully was "Well constructed" not "Nicely Nicely" or "Sugar Coated" however I am not getting into a word play debate, as far as not hearing from them, my suggestion is give it time, recently I complained (by letter) to Debenhams at there head office in Holborn London, my complaint was one of a well constructed complaint and they did get back to me, it took them 2 weeks, but these things will take time, they have to look into the nature of the complaint then get answers from everyone concerned, 48 hours is no time, be patient they will reply.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I say it again, you need to follow up with the club and not the catering company.

I can assure you that if Ken Brown came knocking on their door because he has received numerous complaints, things will start happening.

I did say in my post above that" I am the first to agree that you pay your money to the club so as far as complaints are concerned they should recieve them" my thought process was if Azure recieved quite a few e mails complaining of the same thing (poor service, running out of pies etc etc) then they will be concerned as well, attack from both flanks maybe.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I wrote to Azure in November and never got a reply. Is that patient enough?

What is clear here is that the East Stand seems to be getting the rump of the poor service. I'm very pleased that elsewhere the service has improved significantly and hope the same can be done for the east. Or is this because all the polite people are in the east (the respect and family stands) that perhaps the staff arent coming under quite the same level of pressure to improve. (please note the ironic tone)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I've written several times with criticism and feedback, and got a reply usually within 72 hours. If it's a general email with several points, I wouldn't expect an email back in short order, as I would like to think they've looked into the points I'd made.

But then, I was constructive and pleasant about it.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I did say in my post above that" I am the first to agree that you pay your money to the club so as far as complaints are concerned they should recieve them" my thought process was if Azure recieved quite a few e mails complaining of the same thing (poor service, running out of pies etc etc) then they will be concerned as well, attack from both flanks maybe.

Good tactics, worked well against the Saints too!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've written several times with criticism and feedback, and got a reply usually within 72 hours. If it's a general email with several points, I wouldn't expect an email back in short order, as I would like to think they've looked into the points I'd made.

Well done Al. I will do it my way. Also he is a friend of yours. I am done with this now and am being made out to be the one in the wrong for bringing this issue up. I won't be writing to the club. I have more important things to do anyway than bring up issues Azure should be looking into themselves as they are meant to be the experts after all.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well done Al. I will do it my way. Also he is a friend of yours. I am done with this now and am being made out to be the one in the wrong for bringing this issue up. I won't be writing to the club. I have more important things to do anyway than bring up issues Azure should be looking into themselves as they are meant to be the experts after all.

He's my friend? Blimey, I didn't know that.

You won't be writing to the club? So all this fuming was ultimately for nothing - and you're not interested in a response?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You won't be writing to the club? So all this fuming was ultimately for nothing - and you're not interested in a response?

I listened to the Roar with Chapman and he made it quite clear the club are happy to engage on this.

US you are wasting your time as your supplier is BHAFC in this instance.

BTW when will the NYE Roar show be on iTunes ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I decided to have the courtesy of giving Azure a chance to reply first Al.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
The trouble is it can be good one week hot pies and enough of them ect in one area and the following week its crap again ,and good in another area and so on ,its all about consistancy once this can be ironed out im sure thing can get better

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Really? I find that hard to believe:lol:

If you are trying to make out that US hasnt been, then I think thats a bit harsh. His first post, whilst robust was certainly not unpleasant.

I am done with this now and am being made out to be the one in the wrong for bringing this issue up.

I dont normally buy people on NSC who have a persecution complex but I have some sympathy with you here US. You raised it, we seem to have established that the East Stand has a real issue here (not isolated incidents) but some of the responses to you have been a bit 'I'm alright jack'.

I listened to the Roar with Chapman and he made it quite clear the club are happy to engage on this.

US you are wasting your time as your supplier is BHAFC in this instance.

Clearly it seems to be that writing to Azure is a waste of time. Al seems to get responses (and someone else on here did) but others dont. I agree that now seems the time to engage with the club but i would do it alongside Azure. I do feel though at the moment that any comments made to the club that are less than 100% complimentary (be it around disabled parking, heritage stones, travel, catering etc) get labelled as ungrateful whingeing. The customer services arm of the club under Ken Brown's control needs to step up to the mark quickly before it causes issues for the bits under Martin Perry's control (expansion)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here