Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They can't keep giving away 4,000 free tickets to local kids , kids for a quid with an adult plus selling tickets on Groupon which only bring in a fiver a seat.

By giving free season tickets to under 16's, we are encouraging local kids to become fans. They have issued around 400 for this season so far, and with the football being played, this figure should rise .

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If he is not going in January then why is freedman basically putting out statements telling people what would be the minimum amount it would take to sign him? Surely he would just say 'he is our player and we plan to have him here all season to help with our promotion push'?

It does look on the outside like talking a players value up prior to a sale and with Zaha clearly in incredible form it is a good time to cash in. Personally I think anything around £11 million would represent fantastic value for palace if they manage to achieve that

How much of that makes it back into the playing budget will just be something we have to wait and see

Freedman didn't say that Zaha was worth £11m on SSN. White asked Dougie about the press reporting that Zaha is off to City or Arsenal for £11m, and how he felt about it. Dougie said "Well, that's not true because he's worth a lot more than £11m".

£11m for Zaha would not be "fantastic value"- it's the minimum we'd expect for a player as magnificent as Wilfried is.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

Freedman didn't say that Zaha was worth £11m on SSN. White asked Dougie about the press reporting that Zaha is off to City or Arsenal for £11m, and how he felt about it. Dougie said "Well, that's not true because he's worth a lot more than £11m".

£11m for Zaha would not be "fantastic value"- it's the minimum we'd expect for a player as magnificent as Wilfried is.

Well that takes the delusion to even greater heights than I even thought possible

Well done you

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Well that takes the delusion to even greater heights than I even thought possible

Well done you

I'm taking everything you Weeds say with regards to Wilfried's value with a shovel of salt. You were all saying we'd be lucky to get £5m only a few months ago. We told you we'd easily get twice that, and you pretended you couldn't see how special a player he is.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm taking everything you Weeds say with regards to Wilfried's value with a shovel of salt. You were all saying we'd be lucky to get £5m only a few months ago. We told you we'd easily get twice that, and you pretended you couldn't see how special a player he is.

Well to be fair if a League 1 winger can get snapped up for £12m why not a regular Championship player-but regards bids,actual bids,they so far have fallen well short of the minimum £11m,have they not?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Serious question if Winifred is so good, how come Mr personsality won player of the month? Like I said serious question?

And don't try to tell us Murray is anywhere near these figures mentioned.

Feb 14, 2010

Mate, I wouldn't worry about anything that anyone has to say on an internet forum as words count for nothing. The bottom line will remain the bottom line and that is that is that a club with less than 13000 paying punters is a selling club unless it has a sugar daddy or is for a third time prepared to rip off its creditors and go insolvent.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Nothing yet says you will get anything more than £5million it's all just paper talk and noise coming from your manager. You seem to think £11 million is the least you would take. You do realise that is more than arsenal paid for Gervinho and podolski??

That said I take anything coming from your lot with a massive skip full of salt as you are always talking up your players and how they are heading for top 4 clubs before they end up signing for Wigan and Southampton for peanuts

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Serious question if Winifred is so good, how come Mr personsality won player of the month? Like I said serious question?

Because Murray is so crucial to our side. He sticks up for Wilfried and Jonny when they're getting kicked all over the place by jealous cloggers, he links up play fantastically, he feeds the ball to Wilf/Bolasie out wide and gets back in the middle to finish the chances they create.

There's no doubt that Wilf is a far better player than Glenn, but that doesn't mean that Glenn's not a top player at this level. He has performed fantastically throughout the month which is why he got the award. I actually think Zaha was more deserving of it purely because he was MOTM in every game he played, but Glenn scored more goals so attracted more attention.

By the way it's painfully obvious now that anyone who doesn't recognize Wilfried Zaha as one of the two best players in the division (along with Ince, who Wilfried is better than) knows absolutely nothing about football.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Nothing yet says you will get anything more than £5million it's all just paper talk and noise coming from your manager. You seem to think £11 million is the least you would take. You do realise that is more than arsenal paid for Gervinho and podolski??

That said I take anything coming from your lot with a massive skip full of salt as you are always talking up your players and how they are heading for top 4 clubs before they end up signing for Wigan and Southampton for peanuts

Wilfried Zaha will be a far better player than Gervinho ffs. Jay Rodriguez went for £7m, Rhodes went for £8m, and Wilf has far more potential than both of those two.

As for our players signing for Wigan/Southampton, we had absolutely no control over where Moses/Clyne went. Moses is actually now at Chelsea after being signed for £10m, so we were actually pretty spot on with regards to how talented he was with us. The scary thing is - Wilfried looks even better.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Wilfried Zaha will be a far better player than Gervinho ffs. Jay Rodriguez went for £7m, Rhodes went for £8m, and Wilf has far more potential than both of those two.

As for our players signing for Wigan/Southampton, we had absolutely no control over where Moses/Clyne went. Moses is actually now at Chelsea after being signed for £10m, so we were actually pretty spot on with regards to how talented he was with us. The scary thing is - Wilfried looks even better.

The opinions from your palace tinted spectacles. So far this season the only credible link to Zaha was Wigan which Parish got in a bit of a childish strop with and proceeded to tweet about Martinez and rant on talk sport.

So by your calculations Moses left Wigan (not palace) for £10 million, Zaha (in your opinion) is better than him so will go for more than that. This despite being totally unproven at premier league level.

The benchmark for Zahas value will be what Ince goes for as he looks a much better prospect

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Moses was undersold tbf-however this pleased me.....as you were

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Because Murray is so crucial to our side. He sticks up for Wilfried and Jonny when they're getting kicked all over the place by jealous cloggers, he links up play fantastically, he feeds the ball to Wilf/Bolasie out wide and gets back in the middle to finish the chances they create.

There's no doubt that Wilf is a far better player than Glenn, but that doesn't mean that Glenn's not a top player at this level. He has performed fantastically throughout the month which is why he got the award. I actually think Zaha was more deserving of it purely because he was MOTM in every game he played, but Glenn scored more goals so attracted more attention.

By the way it's painfully obvious now that anyone who doesn't recognize Wilfried Zaha as one of the two best players in the division (along with Ince, who Wilfried is better than) knows absolutely nothing about football.

Fair enough, just thought it strange, but like you said goals draw attention. Very unusual for a cb to win the award. If Bruno and cms didn't get injured I think they should have been in with a shout as they were excellent before the injuries.
I have no doubt Winifred is good, although the 2 times I have seen him I think he is over hyped or inconsistent, but let's see if he can continue.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I think it was something to do with the 6 goals he scored.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think it was something to do with the 6 goals he scored.

That's half his seasons tally in a few games,you watch he will be injured soon

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Of which half were from the spot, just saying if he is so amazing you'd expecting him to be picking up these awards.

Goals wins awards, and Murray scored the most in that month.
Wilf may have a chance this month, 4 in two games already .

Feb 14, 2010
Is that an educated guess, or wishfully thinking?

No mate, I dont wish palace to cause financial misery to another set of creditors and then shortly after boast on national media that they have an asset worth £Millions. But I do think that if palace go into administration by living above their means for a third time then they should drop down two divisions or even expelled to the Conference. And that goes for every club, including the albion, not just palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here