Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Nothing surprises me concerning the owners of Crystal Palace.

Remember that this is the Club that, at the fag end of George Burleys tenure, approached Hope Powell to manage them. Apparently it was seen as a ground breaking/marketing ploy but she opted to stay with England ladies :ffsparr:
And that didn't happen either.

The 3 people approached then were Coppell, Howe and then Freedman.

But again, thanks for your input.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Says the person who bottled a bet 5 times causing Bozza to take it up instead via Twitter, because you wouldn't take the bet there either.

Bottlejob.

Eh ? I suggest you look at the original thread.

And that didn't happen either.

The 3 people approached then were Coppell, Howe and then Freedman.

But again, thanks for your input.

Defo happened as I told you at time on BBS.

If she had said yes she would have been assisted by Freedman - quite a good move I thought. Attract world wide interest , womens support etc. If you remember it would have led to us playing at the Amex and you at the Tampax.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Brighton in New Palace thread love in shocker.
Of course the OP is right every Championship club loses money the ones that will break even are the ones who keep producing kids from their academy's .
Promotion should guarantee a few quid also,:)

I am Palace fan and ST holder..But as a guest on these boards I try not to be controversial, and just give a fair un blinkered view on all football matters.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is there any Championship side that breaks even?
I think we do. I think Blackpool were in profit following their trip.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
:facepalm:

F**k me, the OP is pathetic. You are ether completely making this up or
your source is a bullshitter, having a wind up, has his facts wrong or is Seagull over Grimsby. I remember you started a thread about the same bloke who said our finances were completely f***ed near the start of the season. This then reached the BBS and ended up with our owners, who are regular posters, responding with the quote "Haha, absolute bollox" About a week later we went out and bought Bolasie, Mortiz, Blake, Delaney and Goodwillie. Hardly the expenditure of a club suffering with severe financial problems and having to make cut backs...

CPFC 2010 have said time and time again that Wilf will not be sold in January if we are in the promotion mix up. That hardly sounds to me like they are trying to flog him to potential buyers. And why would they say one thing and do another, it would cause a massive backlash from the fans.

All this thread shows is how worried you lot really are about our form and the talent in Zaha that we have at our disposal.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why does it seem impossible that a Brighton fan could could be friends with someone that knows the Palace owners? That is much more likely than Giraffe lying about this.

Just to be clear I am not friends with them, they are a business associate of mine. But you're right I have no reason to lie, nor does he. He has been a friend of this owner for a long time (old school buddies).

But he also believes that the Olympics was all about The Iluminati showing the world how powerful they are by making triangle floodlights.

Pinch of salt for me.

Yep because that was a very serious thread :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't matter if they are, they bought the club to help out, they don't want to be spending money on the club, which is fair enough.

Why does it seem impossible that a Brighton fan could could be friends with someone that knows the Palace owners? That is much more likely than Giraffe lying about this.

your source is a bullshitter, having a wind up, has his facts wrong or is Seagull over Grimsby. I remember you started a thread about the same bloke who said our finances were completely f***ed near the start of the season. This then reached the BBS and ended up with our owners, who are regular posters, responding with the quote "Haha, absolute bollox" About a week later we went out and bought Bolasie, Mortiz, Blake, Delaney and Goodwillie. Hardly the expenditure of a club suffering with severe financial problems and having to make cut backs...

CPFC 2010 have said time and time again that Wilf will not be sold in January if we are in the promotion mix up. That hardly sounds to me like they are trying to flog him to potential buyers. And why would they say one thing and do another, it would cause a massive backlash from the fans.

All this thread shows is how worried you lot really are about our form and the talent in Zaha that we have at our disposal.

We shall wait and see. :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I've put your toys back in your pram.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
We shall wait and see. :)

Ohhhhh, how ominous of you!

I'll trust our owners over a Seaweed mod any day of the week thanks :whistle:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly.

A good read. Whether it turns out to be true or not, it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of the owners is hacked off with sinking millions into the money pit each year. It is very unlikely as well I think that Freedman will see even half of any Zaha cash.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Guess who is going to be laughing in January ???

Well I suppose you think you will be,we will have to wait and see... difference is we KNOW he will be sold at some stage, while you WANT us to sell him , preferably before he tears Bruno a new a hole..... OK so we will sell him sometime, who have you got who is worth anything???
All the stories on here about having a source(although usually on here its a sauce..lol) are bollocks as you well know, why would anyone on the inside of any club tell other clubs what's going on? After all is Saint tony all squeaky clean??? Doubt it, but hang on a while and I will ask my neighbours aunt, who is friends with a bloke who cleans Tony's car....see want crap stories we can make up because we re bored....

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Defo happened as I told you at time on BBS.

If she had said yes she would have been assisted by Freedman - quite a good move I thought. Attract world wide interest , womens support etc. If you remember it would have led to us playing at the Amex and you at the Tampax.

Presumably you have proof....let's see it...link please...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
F**k me, the OP is pathetic. You are ether completely making this up or your source is a bullshitter, having a wind up, has his facts wrong or is Seagull over Grimsby.
And you know this because?

I remember you started a thread about the same bloke who said our finances were completely f***ed near the start of the season. This then reached the BBS and ended up with our owners, who are regular posters, responding with the quote "Haha, absolute bollox" About a week later we went out and bought Bolasie, Mortiz, Blake, Delaney and Goodwillie.
Obviously the owners will not want to agree with what's discussed here, but like you say, the proof is in what you spent - which was how much exactly? I thought you brought in freebies, while selling a few players.

What would the fans do, stop coming to games? They've already done that.

Oh please :rolleyes:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well I suppose you think you will be,we will have to wait and see... difference is we KNOW he will be sold at some stage, while you WANT us to sell him , preferably before he tears Bruno a new a hole..... OK so we will sell him sometime, who have you got who is worth anything???
All the stories on here about having a source(although usually on here its a sauce..lol) are bollocks as you well know, why would anyone on the inside of any club tell other clubs what's going on? After all is Saint tony all squeaky clean??? Doubt it, but hang on a while and I will ask my neighbours aunt, who is friends with a bloke who cleans Tony's car....see want crap stories we can make up because we re bored....

Bruno has played against the worlds best.............sell him (Wilf) before he gets an injury(versus Albion-just kidding) and is worthless & it's possible some people know people who are in the know,you know..

I know somebody currently very closely connected with Brighton who played football in the same team as an ex Brighton player of 10 odd years ago who i was best mates with at school-we shall leave it at that.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here