Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] All Brighton & Hove primary schools to switch to online learning from Monday ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Children are well known for infection spreaders, as they pass on everything when they start at nursery or first school. All the ‘childhood’ diseases, plus tonsillitis, coughs, colds etc
When my two started school, they brought home every form of cold there was in circulation. I have an auto immune disease so was open to everything going.
Thankfully now they’re grown up with teenagers of their own now.

Missing a few weeks of education won’t do them any harm.[/QUOTE]

🤦

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a different opinion to you, but I am not aggressive.

Your post is far more aggressive and rude than mine.

You’re not aggressive, just very ill informed.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Genuine question to you and others of the same opinion.

Given the current COVID situation, would you be prepared to spend 5 days a week with 30 children in a classroom that isn’t fit for social distancing?

Yes I would. That is my genuine answer.

I can honestly say that I would be at school every day without fail.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You are in no more danger than supermarket workers,, doctors, nurses, bus drivers and many other professions.

Go to work.

Most buses that I have seen are empty or nearly empty. Most shops have attempted to get people to comply with social distancing but you try telling that to 30 excited 6 year olds in a small classroom to keep their distance. Most doctors and nurses are wearing PPE , teachers have not been allowed to wear masks....

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Most buses that I have seen are empty or nearly empty. Most shops have attempted to get people to comply with social distancing but you try telling that to 30 excited 6 year olds in a small classroom to keep their distance. Most doctors and nurses are wearing PPE , teachers have not been allowed to wear masks....

I appreciate that there are risks, but it is my opinion that schools should remain open.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes!

Tbh primary school children missing a few months of school is not going to effect their long term education, although I can see that it will cause problems for their parents if they both work.

such a blanket statement is unsupported, and rejected by educational experts normally. at certain ages education is crucial to long term development, not to mention exams for 5/6th formers. this needs to be reflected in schools policy, some age groups go in with others not as last resort. unfortunatly government and union seem to care more about ideology, and the educationalist are drowned out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That may be the case, but I am only offering my opinion in a polite manner.

You started by saying "Go to work." That is not the polite way of telling me that you think that schools should be open. It is an aggressive opener.

It also ignores the fact that we will still be working, and working long hours.

You also seem to have no understanding of the effect that schools being fully open, at a time of unprecedented infection rates, will have on our already overwhelmed NHS. Or you don't care, perhaps.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Why didn’t the govt see this coming, we should have been planning for worse case for this back in October, definitely once r case started to rise before Xmas and beyond doubt now our hospitals are over loaded. So let’s just keep kids at home for two weeks (just as secondary kids are) see how bad the Xmas blip is because too many people have ignored the govt rules (you know who you are) and then make a decision. Otherwise it could you or your family member being turned away at A&E because there are no beds, it doesn’t bear thinking

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION]

Apart from breaking the quotation thingy on post #61, what do you mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here