Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] All Brighton & Hove primary schools to switch to online learning from Monday ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got an email from kids' school: children of key workers in school and all other kids to be taught online. Let's hope it is actual lessons streamed online and not just lots of homework set for kids like last lockdown. The trouble with lots of homework is a parent needs to sit down and work with the kids but when you're trying to work from home that is nearly impossible.

Also schools/councils must have seen this was a likely scenario so should hopefully have made contingency plans for it. It's not wholly unexpected.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Plenty of notice then...how do working parents cope without any reasonable notice

I’m fecked, I will have to ask to go on furlough, wife working and staying in Camden as she is handing over council new build properties and taking possession of the old council block for two weeks.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
No need to be rude. I hope you teach your pupils to discuss their differences rather than to just tell them to sod off.

I think I have got a clue. We may disagree, but I have a clue.

I have 2 children at primary school and I know how much it has affected them not being able to go to school.

My wife and I are both key workers and have not missed a days work (a part from when I caught covid and had to isolate for 2 weeks).

As a fit and healthy 40 year old (in my case) I knew if I got covid it would not be much worse than the flu. This turned out to be the case.

If you are fit and healthy then you should go to work. Perhaps dont go to work if you teach debating skills.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I have been going to work throughout lockdown. I spend my working day in close contact with 32 children and two support staff, in a room where social distancing is impossible. It is not safe, it has never been safe, and with this new strain it is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

'Go to Work'? All the scientific advice is saying that if schools open as the government had planned, the NHS will be overwhelmed. The virus will spread like wildfire. Doctors and nurses have been some of the strongest voices against schools reopening. Don't believe that you speak for them.

We will still be working long hours, providing online learning and being constantly in touch with the children.

You clearly haven't got a clue, and you seem to have swallowed The Daily Express whole.

Get back in your barrel and close the lid.

Well said to a moronic post.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
You haven't got a clue.

Sod off.

No need to be rude. I hope you teach your pupils to discuss their differences rather than to just tell them to sod off.

I have 2 children at primary school and I know how much it has affected them not being able to go to school.*

My wife and I are both key workers and have not missed a days work (a part from when I caught covid and had to isolate for 2 weeks).

As a fit and healthy 40 year old (in my case) I knew if I got covid it would not be much worse than the flu. This turned out to be the case.*

If you are fit and healthy then you should go to work. Perhaps dont go to work if you teach debating skills.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

I have 2 children at primary school and I know how much it has affected them not being able to go to school.

As a fit and healthy 40 year old (in my case) I knew if I got covid it would not be much worse than the flu. This turned out to be the case.

What you are failing to realise is that this 2 weeks closure (and it’s not a closure as has been explained) is to help stop people dying. Of course people don’t want schools to close for many children but it’s to save lives. To think you’re children have grown up listening to you’re aggressive, blame culture crap.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I have 2 children at primary school and I know how much it has affected them not being able to go to school.*

As a fit and healthy 40 year old (in my case) I knew if I got covid it would not be much worse than the flu. This turned out to be the case.*

:yawn:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Closing primary schools may not effect the rate of children catching Covid but it will definitely affect the number of adults who take their kids or grandkids to school and the adults who work in the schools who may catch Covid. It will have a demonstrable effect on the R number and could be the difference in the epidemic numbers falling to a more controllable level.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Closing primary schools may not effect the rate of children catching Covid but it will definitely affect the number of adults who take their kids or grandkids to school and the adults who work in the schools who may catch Covid. It will have a demonstrable effect on the R number and could be the difference in the epidemic numbers falling to a more controllable level.

No, no but Biscuit Barrel Bloke said that if you’re healthy you should go to work.

Jun 20, 2020
I am a pest control surveyor. Key worker who looks after supermarkets, schools, hospitals, doctors surgerys and food distributors.

I caught covid at work. Isolated for 2 weeks, recovered and straight back to work.

In a typical day, how many hours do you spend in a poorly ventilated room measuring around 50 square metres with 34 other people?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I am a pest control surveyor. Key worker who looks after supermarkets, schools, hospitals, doctors surgerys and food distributors.

I caught covid at work. Isolated for 2 weeks, recovered and straight back to work.

good for you. i also haven't stopped working; but i just think it's a bit rude to tell others what to do when you don't know their circumstances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here