Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just don't think he suits us, and he isn't quite good enough. He'd be flair in a slightly less competitive league, as proven in Holland. TIme to let him go in January.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I still like Ali J.

I'd give him some starts.

And I don't like to see a player of ours singled out for crucifixion after a defeat, especially at this time of year, and especially when it wasn't a defeat :shrug:

The whole team played like they had piles, today, apart from March.

You would start him, are you serious?
I was there today, I can’t find the words to describe how bad he was. He doesn’t look like a footballer, running off the ball was illogical, slow, no work rate, shit execution of the simplest passes, got in other players way.
The guy is shite, some don’t want to accept that probably because we paid a huge fee, I kind of understand that, however I was there today and watching on and off the ball - he’s crap. Get rid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was there today, I can’t find the words to describe how bad he was. He doesn’t look like a footballer, running off the ball was illogical, slow, no work rate, shit execution of the simplest passes, got in other players way.
The guy is shite, some don’t want to accept that probably because we paid a huge fee, I kind of understand that, however I was there today and watching on and off the ball - he’s crap. Get rid.

Sad to read. Maybe an off day today....(I have see quality in the past - althoughI admit I'm in a minority).

A commentator today said that last season he was blighted by injury. News to me. Not that the club ever release info about what was presumably a sequence of niggles.

If he's not quite fit, and getting no game time, we won't be getting rid any time soon. If nobody wants him we'd have to pay up his contract and that would be madness.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
He’s surely command a decent fee in Asia as they do have the AFC +1 spots. Could sell him to China and make our money back if he was interested in heading back that way.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019

But he is Potter's first sub. Surely, Potter sees him everyday and knows about his lack of work rate, sh*t execution of the simplest passes and getting in the way of other players.

Or maybe he is not as bad as you think he is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But he is Potter's first sub. Surely, Potter sees him everyday and knows about his lack of work rate, sh*t execution of the simplest passes and getting in the way of other players.

Or maybe he is not as bad as you think he is.

Warren on Radio Sussex was raging about his getting in the way of all our other attacking players, going into the wrong places, giving the ball away, not tracking back and generally wondering why the hell Potter had put him in at half time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I love AJ, but have to say I’m losing a little faith in the guy.

His genius moments in older games are now looking like a flash in the pan. He really hasn’t delivered in a long game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I still like Ali J.

He is obviously an extremely good footballer. Sits high up in the long list of those I have watched playing for the Albion (comfortably top 5%).

He seems to have a knack of getting involved and making things happen. I guess that’s why GP sends him on when we need a goal.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I still like Ali J.

He is obviously an extremely good footballer. Sits high up in the long list of those I have watched playing for the Albion (comfortably top 5%).

He seems to have a knack of getting involved and making things happen. I guess that’s why GP sends him on when we need a goal.

He’s now cult. Scored a handful of worldies we’ll all remember alongside equally woeful misses. Like today’s. But let’s be very clear. He is not the answer to our prayers.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I still like Ali J.

We always need a goal :(

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's the new Solly/Stephens on here.

Gets ripped to shit for heading a ball that came off the nderside of the bar and crashing into Trossard who was in his space.

Has anyone ripped the shit out of COnnolly for his header?

AJ won't get up to speed as a random bit part player. There are bigger problems on the pitch and pitch side.

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
I feel like Jahanbaksh is being used as a scapegoat by some here. Yes Jahanbaksh missed a header but moments before that he put it on a platter for Connolly who also missed an empty net.

Also don't forget he looked to be one of the liveliest players on the pitch first 15 min vs Leceister where he put Welbeck through with a perfectly weighted ball who let him down by scuffing it and also had a nice one time shot that was only kept out by a dramatic save.

Jahanbaksh is a player that needs to be given enough time on the pitch to show you his worth. If Welbeck and Connolly had put the above mentioned opportunities away then suddenly Jahanbaksh is a hero. He needs more playing time to create more of these opportunities and get more opportunities to put some away himself as he has a bullet of a shot Brighton fans haven't gotten to see enough of YET.

If Jahanbaksh continues to get playing time in the upcoming fixtures which I assume he will due to the busy schedule he will surely score/create more chances. And if he gets a couple then the floodgates will open. Before coming to Brighton he was banging them in and giving assists every week I know he's got it in him and I can feel like he's on the cusp.

Potter just better reward him with a starting spot/more playing time once he assists and gets on the score sheet, because that didn't happen last season when he performed around the same time as now. Which again goes back to the lack of playing time he's received under Potter which I see the main reason for his lack of goals and assists currently.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I feel like Jahanbaksh is being used as a scapegoat by some here. Yes Jahanbaksh missed a header but moments before that he put it on a platter for Connolly who also missed an empty net.

Also don't forget he looked to be one of the liveliest players on the pitch first 15 min vs Leceister where he put Welbeck through with a perfectly weighted ball who let him down by scuffing it and also had a nice one time shot that was only kept out by a dramatic save.

Jahanbaksh is a player that needs to be given enough time on the pitch to show you his worth. If Welbeck and Connolly had put the above mentioned opportunities away then suddenly Jahanbaksh is a hero. He needs more playing time to create more of these opportunities and get more opportunities to put some away himself as he has a bullet of a shot Brighton fans haven't gotten to see enough of YET.

If Jahanbaksh continues to get playing time in the upcoming fixtures which I assume he will due to the busy schedule he will surely score/create more chances. And if he gets a couple then the floodgates will open. Before coming to Brighton he was banging them in and giving assists every week I know he's got it in him and I can feel like he's on the cusp.

Potter just better reward him with a starting spot/more playing time once he assists and gets on the score sheet, because that didn't happen last season when he performed around the same time as now. Which again goes back to the lack of playing time he's received under Potter which I see the main reason for his lack of goals and assists currently.

"yet" pretty much sums him up so far, always the nearly-man for us. How long do you keep waiting and waiting?

I would agree though he is being scapegoated a bit (but hey that's what fans do, all over). However, other players are performing far worse so I would agree that why not give him a run of games. He may be anonymous for 80% of the game but he has delivered a few flashes of quality as you point out.

edit - he won't get a run of games though. The only way he'll get a run of games is in a different league I'm afraid now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

He's no more a scapegoat than about 4 other players on here. Welbeck, Maupay and Connolly up front have all been slaughtered on here recently, because they've all been absolute gash. Same goes for our keeper, Maty Ryan. But the difference between all of them and your man is that a) most of the others didn't cost £15,000,000 and b) they don't have an army of cringeworthy fanboys defending yet another crap performance on here.

Jahanbaksh is a crap player with the occasional worldie in him. He just missed an open goal with his head FFS. Utter bobbins.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He's no more a scapegoat than about 4 other players on here. Welbeck, Maupay and Connolly up front have all been slaughtered on here recently, because they've all been absolute gash. Same goes for our keeper, Maty Ryan. But the difference between all of them and your man is that a) most of the others didn't cost £15,000,000 and b) they don't have an army of cringeworthy fanboys defending yet another crap performance on here.

Jahanbaksh is a crap player with the occasional worldie in him. He just missed an open goal with his head FFS. Utter bobbins.

Connolly's miss was far worse (and it was a perfect cross by Jahanbags tbf)

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I don't disagree, both should have been put in the net. But at least there aren't a clutch of tedious Oyrish Connolly fanboys defending him for his schoolboy finishing.

I don't find them tedious fanboys tbf. Wish NSC was sometimes a more welcoming place for debate (for some reason I woke up all nice this morning). Why does everyone who has a different opinion have to be a clown or a fanboy or a wedbetter (i'm keeping that) or a club licker?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well we can’t call him anonymous, he makes and is involved in threatening things happening which may not end well. He gets the ball in the box, he shoots when he gets the chance and he misses sitters and makes some crap passes. I’d start him over Maupay and Connolly on current form, both of whom just miss sitters and make crap passes without contributing much else :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't find them tedious fanboys tbf. Wish NSC was sometimes a more welcoming place for debate (for some reason I woke up all nice this morning). Why does everyone who has a different opinion have to be a clown or a fanboy or a wedbetter (i'm keeping that) or a club licker?
I'm all for most debates, but there is little point in debating with people who have already made their minds up, and anyway these people will be off as soon as Ali J is sold (for a third of the price we paid for him).

Well we can’t call him anonymous, he makes and is involved in threatening things happening which may not end well. He gets the ball in the box, he shoots and he misses sitters. I’d start him over Maupay and Connolly on current form, both of whom just miss sitters without contributing much else :shrug:
I probably agree with you actually, it's a shame that is the state of our forward options. I don't think much of Welbeck either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here