Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did well to hide for most of the 45 mins he was on.

One good cross and unfortunate with header. Remains not good enough - nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why was he unfortunate? All he had to do was hit the target from 3 yards out. I was right at the front of the North Stand, it was a terrible miss.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He didn't hide - he got right in the way of all our attacking players!

This made me chuckle, thanks.

Have to query whether he understands the instructions Potter gives to him. Or .......in Potter's obsession with players having to be able to play different ways in different formations with different team mates all the time and this changing during games aswell.....whether it just confuses the hell out of the bloke?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He did, but I don't remember him actually contributing much to that effort. A lot of that was down to Kayal and Knockaert in our midfield

Might be worth re visiting that season as he was involved in a goal almost every game he played in.

2 he scored and multiple assists.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why was he unfortunate? All he had to do was hit the target from 3 yards out. I was right at the front of the North Stand, it was a terrible miss.

Looked like he wasn’t quite tall enough on TV, hence unable to head down.

The Connolly header or whatever that attempt was supposed to be was a lot, lot worse.

Congratulations on getting a ticket...... [emoji106]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's had a good run for his money, he simply can't cut it at EPL level. As with Locadia, an experiment that failed, it's time for him to play elsewhere.

You can't win them all.

We seem to win very few, when we outlay what for us is a significant sum.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looked like he wasn’t quite tall enough on TV, hence unable to head down.

The Connolly header or whatever that attempt was supposed to be was a lot, lot worse.

Congratulations on getting a ticket...... [emoji106]

This is me wondering whether AJ was tall enough! :lolol:
66B99DC6-6A34-4D64-BDD4-0E42AD8948A7.jpeg

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
All of which are between £15m and £20m.

It's almost as if, Bissouma aside, that entire transfer policy just isn't working.

Funny isn’t it...

Who’d have thought that 1 player of £30m would be better for the team than 2 at £15m!? :moo:

Villa buying Ollie Watkins for example. Us getting Locadia / Iranian / Izquerdio :eek:

Also, buy players that have a proven track record in English football not duds from the Belgian comedy league for example (Maupay will be ok)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can’t believe you think Webster was worth it.

What’s worse - I think he was £20m

Agree on Biss

On the basis that Dunk and White were talked about as £35m - £50m. Webster value seems about right and probably worth more now, arguably our best CB post first lockdown IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Might be worth re visiting that season as he was involved in a goal almost every game he played in.

2 he scored and multiple assists.

I still like Ali J.

I'd give him some starts.

And I don't like to see a player of ours singled out for crucifixion after a defeat, especially at this time of year, and especially when it wasn't a defeat :shrug:

The whole team played like they had piles, today, apart from March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here