Albion fan's joy turns to ANGER... over a £1.50 booking fee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have'nt seen his black Albion scarf before....it's not a Newport scarf is it...if he had been to buy tickets for an Albion match before he would've known about the booking charge.....Jeez!

Maybe if you'd been to an away match last season you would recognise the away scarf. Lord B has already said he is a season ticket holder.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
i was making a point as to the cost in time and money of phoning the obviously understaffed office, the club dont really want you to phone and seem hell bent on de-personalizing services provided
Not much choice really....disabled cannot buy online....you can phone...buy...then get the club to post it to you..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe if I'd been fit enough to travel I would've...my days of treks away from home unless London are over I'm afraid...

Sorry about my sarcasm but the away colours last season were green & black so that is an away scarf.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. Jenny Gower - head of supporter services? Really? Has anyone heard of her before?

2. If the club want to be 'clear and transparent', as stated by Ms Gower, why don't they publish the costs incurred on ticketing. Being transparent shouldn't end at a point that is convenient.

See the thread on WSU wing STs I started last wk...

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
I'm extremely satisfied with the £1 online booking fee as previously I had to pay £2 whilst others paid nothing at all and now everyone buying match tickets is paying towards the transaction costs.

Ah, but how would you feel if you bought 5 tickets for matches on a regular basis for you and your family? The booking fee used to be £2, now it's £5...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have'nt seen his black Albion scarf before....it's not a Newport scarf is it...if he had been to buy tickets for an Albion match before he would've known about the booking charge.....Jeez!

The booking charge has never been applied to cash purchases before this season, only online & telephone sales.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
If I remember rightly, there was a furore about it being called a 'booking fee' originally in 2011/12, so it was changed to 'web based fee' for 2012/13, to give the impression it was due to costs incurred using the ticketing software, but it has reverted again to a 'booking fee' for 2013/14, for us to be stronged again :angry:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If they included the booking fee in the ticket prices, there would STILL be binfests on here that ticket prices are higher.

Its lose-lose for the club. As far as im concerned, its just a long-supporting Brighton fan moaning that they are getting charged a MASSIVE £1.50 and its wrong to charge them that as their first Brighton game was against Newport.

Jesus wept, your still only paying £9.50 for a competitive game at the Amex. It all goes towards our previous losses and compared to some booking fees - for example £6 for EACH TICKET at The O2 - its really not that bad.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If they included the booking fee in the ticket prices, there would STILL be binfests on here that ticket prices are higher.

Its lose-lose for the club. As far as im concerned, its just a long-supporting Brighton fan moaning that they are getting charged a MASSIVE £1.50 and its wrong to charge them that as their first Brighton game was against Newport.

Jesus wept, your still only paying £9.50 for a competitive game at the Amex. It all goes towards our previous losses and compared to some booking fees - for example £6 for EACH TICKET at The O2 - its really not that bad.

its not the cost of the ticket thats in question , but why should you have to pay a booking fee if paying by cash , the booking fee was meant to cover the cost of a card payment .
I for one will not buy cup tickets this year as they have introduced this extra charge . before you know it they will add extra charges for shopping in the club shop and not buying on line !

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
its not the cost of the ticket thats in question , but why should you have to pay a booking fee if paying by cash , the booking fee was meant to cover the cost of a card payment .
I for one will not buy cup tickets this year as they have introduced this extra charge . before you know it they will add extra charges for shopping in the club shop and not buying on line !

Its clearly covering staffing costs - simple. Means it comes off the £8 Million loss. And if you dont want to pay an extra quid, then thats your choice - others will happily pay it.

And no, the club wont do that - you just sound rather petty now, much like the man in The Arsegas.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The ticket was advertised as £8. The bloke walks in with a tenner, there's no mention of a booking fee with cash, he then thinks he's been short changed.
The club should have made the new booking fees clearer or included them in the price.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Barberas missing a trick here. He should be using the Airline ticket model. Offer two tickets for every match as soon as the fixtures are out or sooner, for a price that consists of the transport contribution and the booking fee. These of course soon disappear, to be replaced by the next tranche of tickets at a more realistic price. After the realistic pricing the whole ticket price ramps up, the closer the match day the more expensive the ticket becomes. I am aware a version of this is already taking place, with the drip feed of tickets to the public as they are releast to the punters the closer the match gets.
I under stand that the old £2 charge went some way too defraying the expense of buying time on the massive Cray Supercomputer that probably wasn't used on the Club ticket site. A Supercomputer certainly hasn't been used to work out the actual cost of a ticket, I wonder how they do it? Is it based on the concession price or the 1901 with extra's, or maybe even the theory of Relativity. Probably the theory of ........Players are expensive, what will these mugs stand for before they start to squeak.

Ever thought of getting a job in sales and marketing?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They should have just charged £16 like normal for a League Cup game against low opposition...... then added 1-2 pounds on for travel

Gus out!

This 'fan' clearly hasn't been to a match for years if shocked by that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports