Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fan's joy turns to ANGER... over a £1.50 booking fee

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you don't agree, don't go......simples.......

This may show in attendances for cup games. League games probably won't be very different because the club announces ticket sales rather than bums on seats.
Booking fees when paying by card are fairly normal but when paying in cash are extortionate.

Looks like Lord Bracknell on a bad day?
Pretty safe bet that this bloke very rarely goes to games. Couldn't give a flying **** if the club won't get his measily eight pounds. I reckon we'll survive without it.
As it happens ... he's a regular season ticket holder at the Amex and someone I've known for a good few years.

As for me ... As some folk know, I'd willingly walk uncomplainingly through deep treacle to get to see Newport County play at the Amex, even though - if I recall rightly - it cost me no more than a shilling to watch the two teams when I first saw them play, back in the fifties.

Incidentally ... County had a good result in a friendly at the weekend. A re-run of the 1981 European Cup Winners Cup quarterfinal first leg. Carl Zeiss Jena 2 Newport County 2. Same score as in 1981. For what it's worth, tickets at Jena cost €7,10 (concessions €5,10), and Newport took 300 fans. A return game is planned at Newport for the 2014 pre-season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Booking fees are an expensive fraud

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This may show in attendances for cup games. League games probably won't be very different because the club announces ticket sales rather than bums on seats.
Booking fees when paying by card are fairly normal but when paying in cash are extortionate.

Scenario.....Brighton V Man United semi final of the FA Cup........people will gladly pay £50 booking fee (least alone sell their souls for a ticket!)...............Brighton V Newport County = Binfest

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Scenario.....Brighton V Man United semi final of the FA Cup........people will gladly pay £50 booking fee (least alone sell their souls for a ticket!)...............Brighton V Newport County = Binfest

I couldn't afford £50 on top of the prices that Wembley charge. I would have to wait at home for the highlights. Some fans are being priced out of the game.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Another rip off, ok with it online but buying in person at Amex as they have closed queens road is taking the piss

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
The club have dropped a bollock over this fee, IMO.

I will be interested to see the size of the crowds for the friendlies and the Newport game.

One wonder exactly what the booking fee will cover for cup games when the 'ticket' is merely loaded onto a season ticket.

TB

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
This the same irritation as we suffer with budget airlines, for gods sake just tell us the number at the bottom of the page and be done with it!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Jenny Gower - head of supporter services? Really? Has anyone heard of her before?

2. If the club want to be 'clear and transparent', as stated by Ms Gower, why don't they publish the costs incurred on ticketing. Being transparent shouldn't end at a point that is convenient.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i am outraged that gentleman thought it was acceptable in this day and age to have his photo taken wearing a poorly ironed shirt.

A clear case of Broken Britain

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
FFS - all football clubs are now doing it. I've bought tickets for O2 arena and loads of other events in recent weeks and guess what they all charge a booking fee. It's the norm throughout the industry so get with the modern times!!

Stating that "everyone else does it" doesn't suddenly make booking fees morally correct. Why does the club not break down the price of the ticket to show all the individual operating costs ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
This guy actually rang the Argus about it? lol

Is there a booking fee if your a ST holder and are sitting in your normal seat? I cant remember from last couple seasons, Im pretty sure there is, I went to all the cup games to.Thats a joke as they just zap your card, no ticket is printed and your handing cash over the counter, thats robbery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here