Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fan's joy turns to ANGER... over a £1.50 booking fee

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In the club PR crisis response team's planning for the pricing bombshell, I suspect they weren't expecting the surprise attack over £9.50 tickets for a Capital One cup match.

Meldrew's point over the principle of the booking fee is badly undermined by the £8 cost of the ticket.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
FFS - all football clubs are now doing it. I've bought tickets for O2 arena and loads of other events in recent weeks and guess what they all charge a booking fee. It's the norm throughout the industry so get with the modern times!!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
It was a nice day and I was buying three tickets so I thought I'd stroll along the picturesque downs to the Amex club shop and save myself £4.5o. Imagine my disgust when...Crash Smash Wallop....storm home.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think Barberas missing a trick here. He should be using the Airline ticket model. Offer two tickets for every match as soon as the fixtures are out or sooner, for a price that consists of the transport contribution and the booking fee. These of course soon disappear, to be replaced by the next tranche of tickets at a more realistic price. After the realistic pricing the whole ticket price ramps up, the closer the match day the more expensive the ticket becomes. I am aware a version of this is already taking place, with the drip feed of tickets to the public as they are releast to the punters the closer the match gets.
I under stand that the old £2 charge went some way too defraying the expense of buying time on the massive Cray Supercomputer that probably wasn't used on the Club ticket site. A Supercomputer certainly hasn't been used to work out the actual cost of a ticket, I wonder how they do it? Is it based on the concession price or the 1901 with extra's, or maybe even the theory of Relativity. Probably the theory of ........Players are expensive, what will these mugs stand for before they start to squeak.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looks like Lord Bracknell on a bad day?
Pretty safe bet that this bloke very rarely goes to games. Couldn't give a flying **** if the club won't get his measily eight pounds. I reckon we'll survive without it.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
For Christ sake, last year people moaning over the cost of tickets, now they been reduced in some cases and added booking fee, which is still cheaper.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
The article is somewhat exaggerated but my in IMHO the club are ripping us off by charging a £1.50 booking fee when buying a ticket in person. How they can justify this charge is a bit mystifying considering the person that sells you the ticket in person is already being employed by the club. Is this £1.50 per ticket fee a true reflection of the costs to run the in person ticket sales at the club? It's not as if this has been contracted out to another company as per the online sales; where a booking fee is understandable as the club is having to employ an outside contractor to provide the ticket sales service.

I'd reply to your post to explain how they can justify, and indeed need to, charge the £1.50 booking fee but given that I did this in the last thread about booking fees and you obviously didn't bother reading that I don't see the point in doing it all again now.

Short version for others: it's a complex distributed system and the people you talk to *use* the online booking software so the fee still applies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sooner the miserable old codger sods off the more we can get some new younger fans in.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If I was Barber I would chastise that PR woman. Golden opportunity to spin the bad press and she fails. If she had said that it was excellent value for money (ticket price) and that it included subsidised travel along with the booking fee explanation then it puts a positive slant on the story.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm extremely satisfied with the £1 online booking fee as previously I had to pay £2 whilst others paid nothing at all and now everyone buying match tickets is paying towards the transaction costs.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Look after the £ 1.50's and the £ 15's will look after themselves. It is an outrage and a liberty.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
MayBe if he turned up more regularly than once every 60 years i would give a toss about his opinion. Given his need for a photo opportunity and the fact he sounds like a **** I guess that i would still not care.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Regardless of the principle, it all seems rather silly and pointless. Most major events charge a booking fee. I think £9.50 with an inclusive booking fee represents good value.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think there will be room for all at this match, tbh.

Sure, but you know IF he can find hte £1.50 down the back of his sofa, he'll get there, moan about trains, food prices, drink prices, the view.... Maybe he should find a new hobby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here