Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fan's joy turns to ANGER... over a £1.50 booking fee

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Its only redeeming quality (apart from the crowd capacity) is that it is better than Newport's ground for the last few years (the gloriously named Spytty Park) ever was - an athletics track laid on reclaimed swamp land, using impacted materials that never drained.

They have, I believe, been working over the summer to improve Rodney Parade.

Went to see the Gwent Dragons there in February while on a work trip. They lost about 60-3, some sort of record defeat. But my eldest daughter does have a Rodney the Dragon clipped to her schoolbag.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Even with cash the banks charge handling fees to businesses to securely deliver or take it away. You still have to pay the ticket office staff to serve customers and those in a call centre taking telephone bookings.

These are office overheads which all firms have but they include that cost in their selling price.
That's why when you buy in a shop the price you pay includes overheads (and come to that VAT).

Went to see the Gwent Dragons there in February while on a work trip. They lost about 60-3, some sort of record defeat. But my eldest daughter does have a Rodney the Dragon clipped to her schoolbag.
My greatest memory of the ground is watching Newport beat Australia 11-0 in 1957. Six years later, they beat New Zealand 3-0, the only game the Kiwis lost on that tour.

These are office overheads which all firms have but they include that cost in their selling price.
That's why when you buy in a shop the price you pay includes overheads (and come to that VAT).
I did once get involved in a discussion with a senior member of the Supporters Club who was claiming that one reason the Albion were losing money was that they had all the expenses of a retail shop to cover.

:wozza:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I did once get involved in a discussion with a senior member of the Supporters Club who was claiming that one reason the Albion were losing money was that they had all the expenses of a retail shop to cover.

:wozza:

They don't post on here do they? The way some people speak you'd think the club were the first institution to ever encounter an overhead.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
So, £12 for a ticket, £1.50 booking fee & £5 day return train fare fom Brighton to Falmer?

£18.50 for not even my seat (WSU closed) hmmm!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because Albion have to split the ticket price with Newport and all other match day parties and not the booking fee. So % profit is increased for the Albion by charging a fee rather than increasing the price

So our club are stitching the little guy then?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So, £12 for a ticket, £1.50 booking fee & £5 day return train fare fom Brighton to Falmer?

Lowest gate so far for a competitive match at The Amex.

Wait for the Palace trolls.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Surely no one will be checking train tickets?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Surely no one will be checking train tickets?

So you campaign for the club to be honest and up front about it's ticket prices and then suggest "stealing" from the train companies ? :p

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Because Albion have to split the ticket price with Newport and all other match day parties and not the booking fee. So % profit is increased for the Albion by charging a fee rather than increasing the price

Why the fnck do we need to get to the 3rd page before someone is bright enough to state what is obvious to anyone working in a modern business. By ring fencing a certain proportion of the total 'street price' the Albion ensure that they maximise their income and minimise the loss we make so we're not screwed by FFP.

The club can charge £1.50 for the ticket and £8 for the fee for all I fncking care because I'm aware enough to ask upfront what the fee will be if I'm concerned about budget or only had a tender on me at the time.

This guy is not a proper fan otherwise he would raise te issue with the shop/club and not use it as an excuse to drag the club back into the paper to smear it! What a fnckwit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here