Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A SIMMO SAYS cycling tip for just one person

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So would you like me to share stories of drivers breaking rules and driving dangerously whilst getting away with it?

There was the one who nearly ran over my little girl on the zebra crossing the other week because she was rushing to get past.

Did this make me hate all drivers? No, because that would be stupid!

Did you get the number plate ? did any other witnesses see it ? can you or other pedestrians remember the model and make of car ? thats a good way of tracking down dangerous drivers and reporting it so as this nutter is put off the road.

Its lucky she was not nearly hit by a cyclist as you would have had virtually no chance of identifying them and reporting them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Did you get the number plate ? did any other witnesses see it ? can you or other pedestrians remember the model and make of car ? thats a good way of tracking down dangerous drivers and reporting it so as this nutter is put off the road.

Its lucky she was not nearly hit by a cyclist as you would have had virtually no chance of identifying them and reporting them.

If she is ever hit by a car i will remember to thank my lucky stars she wasn't hit by a cyclist!.

No i didn't get the rego i was too busy making sure my daughter was okay.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

It was lucky she wasn't on a bike - she could've been hit and killed so the driver could get a £300 fine and 6-points...

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
A short message to the bloke who thinks he is Lance Armstrong in the morning riding on the main road towards Lewes :wrong:

THERE IS A FECKING CYCLE LANE-----------------------------sooner (hopefully) or later you are gonna go under the wheels of a very large lorry.

Rant over:)

Congratulations, with that post you have been officially confirmed as NSC's very own Village Idiot for 2013, well done twatty.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When are you cycling freaks going to realise that it isn't GREEN to pedal around everywhere breathing toxic carbon dioxide and farting methane all over the shop from drinking all that fecking lucozade sport out of your fecking PVC bottles...dripping all that salty sweat all over the roads and causing potholes and diseases and that. Where do you think the electricity comes from that cooks your protein bars and mung bean flapjacks? Thin air? NO nuclear power stations and PETROL! Twats.

I stop my car, rip off my wing mirror and beat them to death with it whenever I see some fat joey with Bradley chops and overly muscled calves huffing around the Essex countryside! It's my right to strangle them with their own Lycra pants because they're my roads that I paid for with my TAX not their fecking personal cycle track.

This. :lolol: :bowdown:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I suppose my point is that both sides are as bad as the other.

They're not though are they?

I've never once seen a car, motor bike, scooter driving on the pavement. You very rarely see anyone jump red lights other than cyclists.

Until they've passed a test, got insurance and paid road tax they have no right to be on the road and should be treated with the contempt they deserve by other law abiding road users.

BAN THE BIKE!

I've never once seen a car, motor bike, scooter driving on the pavement. You very rarely see anyone jump red lights other than cyclists.

Until they've passed a test, got insurance and paid road tax they have no right to be on the road and should be treated with the contempt they deserve by other law abiding road users.

BAN THE BIKE!

Not sure if you're fishing or not, but I'll bite anyway. Yes, car drivers are just as bad, but in different ways. How many cars stuck in traffic do you see blocking an exit, or sitting in a box junction? And I frequently see cars jump red lights (because apparently it was amber at least 5 seconds before they drove through it, so that's okay). If you really don't think that car drivers frequently do inconsiderate and selfish things then you clearly don't drive very much.

The rest of your post is worthy of nothing more than contempt - as I'm sure you're aware there's no such thing as road tax (it's vehicle duty) and there's no such thing as 'right to be on the road' - presumably in your rules pedestrians would also be banned from walking across roads?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Of the people I know, the only ones who get really angry and complain about cyclists are the ones that drive aggressively, arrogantly and dangerously.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not sure if you're fishing or not, but I'll bite anyway. Yes, car drivers are just as bad, but in different ways. How many cars stuck in traffic do you see blocking an exit, or sitting in a box junction? And I frequently see cars jump red lights (because apparently it was amber at least 5 seconds before they drove through it, so that's okay). If you really don't think that car drivers frequently do inconsiderate and selfish things then you clearly don't drive very much.

The rest of your post is worthy of nothing more than contempt - as I'm sure you're aware there's no such thing as road tax (it's vehicle duty) and there's no such thing as 'right to be on the road' - presumably in your rules pedestrians would also be banned from walking across roads?

I will see 10 - 15 cyclists commit offences EVERY single day. I might see 1 driving infraction a week if that. I'm going to leave the office in a bit and go to the pub for lunch. I'm willing to bet I will witness a cyclist jumping the lights or riding on the pavement.

Road tax, vehicle duty what's the difference? If they want to share the road with people who have paid their way then they should have to pay as well. Likewise they should be insured and learnt how to ride the thing and use the road in the first place.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

BAN THE BIKE!

Yesterday I saw a scooter using a cycles-only lane across a pavement. I've had cars overtake me as I'm stopping for a red light on a bike and drive through it (on solid red). I see all sorts of road users do illegal, dangerous and stupid things every day.

I suggest you contact your MP to ensure there's a change in the law. 'Road tax' would need to be introduced, as would tests and compulsory insurance for cyclists. Until these things exist everyone has the right to cycle or walk on the public highway. You might as well want people banned from driving unless they're dressed as a cowboy, but until that's the law you'll continue to be seen as an idiot.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Idiot- we aren't supposed to cycle on the pavements.

I hope that is keyboard talk. You should not be allowed behind the wheel if you think you have the right to attempt to kill cyclists on any country road. Even Clarkson would think you have gone too far!

Idiot. Er you are when there's a blue sign telling you too, muppet.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I will see 10 - 15 cyclists commit offences EVERY single day. I might see 1 driving infraction a week if that. I'm going to leave the office in a bit and go to the pub for lunch. I'm willing to bet I will witness a cyclist jumping the lights or riding on the pavement.

Road tax, vehicle duty what's the difference? If they want to share the road with people who have paid their way then they should have to pay as well. Likewise they should be insured and learnt how to ride the thing and use the road in the first place.

The difference is that VED is a tax that allows you to keep a motor vehicle on the road. That's it. It isn't a little card that gives you any right to use the road at all. It's the same as any other tax - you pay it or get prosecuted for non-payment. I'd be more than happy for you not to pay it, but that doesn't change the law, does it?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I can feel a Harry Hill style contest is needed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367581533.303108.jpg

vs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367581556.997740.jpg

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367581649.215735.jpg

The difference is that VED is a tax that allows you to keep a motor vehicle on the road. That's it. It isn't a little card that gives you any right to use the road at all. It's the same as any other tax - you pay it or get prosecuted for non-payment. I'd be more than happy for you not to pay it, but that doesn't change the law, does it?

Besides which, vehicle duty (for vehicles registered after March 2001) is based upon CO2 emissions. As a cyclist I'd happily pay for the CO2 emissions that I'm causing in order to use the road...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You seem unhealthily well informed as to the condition and size of gents' genital areas. Have you studied them over a long period of time or is it a recent obsession?

I am a cock Doctor. I diagnose you with microglans cockwither.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Well that isn't going to happen is it. Tax, which is what it is, is a fact of life, you have to pay it. If you cyclists expect to be treated as road users you should a) obey the highway code b) pay road tax c) pass a test and d) have to have you vehicle checked to see how road worthy it is on an annual basis. Until then you have no right to share the same road as me!

Going back to the original posters comments I worked in Brighton when that bloody cycle path was being built and it was a nightmare coming back along there at rush hour so if you tree huggers aren't using it I can understand why he so pissed off!

Well that isn't going to happen is it. Tax, which is what it is, is a fact of life, you have to pay it. If you cyclists expect to be treated as road users you should a) obey the highway code b) pay road tax c) pass a test and d) have to have you vehicle checked to see how road worthy it is on an annual basis. Until then you have no right to share the same road as me!

Which part of "there's no such thing as road tax" is it that you're struggling to understand? As mentioned, as a cyclist I pay exactly the same rate of tax on CO2 emissions from my vehicle as I do when I'm in a car.

On your other points, of course cyclists should obey the highway code. Most do, some don't. Precisely the same as motorists. On passing a test, it depends where you want to set the bar, but I wouldn't disagree with the idea of passing some kind of cycling proficiency before being allowed on roads. I'm struggling to see the point of annual road checks for bikes though, as i) I can't imagine many accidents (involving more than one vehicle, i.e. the cyclist) are caused by a bike braking and ii) bikes aren't sufficiently robust to go a year without requiring maintenance anyway, making the whole point moot.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Which part of "there's no such thing as road tax" is it that you're struggling to understand? As mentioned, as a cyclist I pay exactly the same rate of tax on CO2 emissions from my vehicle as I do when I'm in a car.

You can call it what you ****ing like, it's still a road tax!

On your other points, of course cyclists should obey the highway code. Most do, some don't. Precisely the same as motorists. On passing a test, it depends where you want to set the bar, but I wouldn't disagree with the idea of passing some kind of cycling proficiency before being allowed on roads. I'm struggling to see the point of annual road checks for bikes though, as i) I can't imagine many accidents (involving more than one vehicle, i.e. the cyclist) are caused by a bike braking and ii) bikes aren't sufficiently robust to go a year without requiring maintenance anyway, making the whole point moot.

Only this morning I saw a woman (yes a fully grown woman, not a 10 year old on his BMX) using her feet on the floor to break. What if she had to stop suddenly and couldn't, sent herself over the top of a car, no fault to the driver and died. How do you think that driver would feel?

One of the girls that works for me rides into work and thankfully she got busted jumping the lights. She had the choice of going on a course from the law or getting a £60 fine. She went on the course and she now appreciates how much a nuisance she was to law abiding, tax paying motorists. Shame more of you aren't like her.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just back from work----you know, that stuff some people do when not on NSC.
Have had a quick look through some of the replies to my ever so slightly 'TONGUE IN CHEEK THREAD'----amazed it got more than one reply to be honest:ohmy:
Try to get back to some of you plonkers that think I'm twatty soon-------after my First bottle of New Zealands 'FINEST'----Happy Days everyone :whisky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here