Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A SIMMO SAYS cycling tip for just one person

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I'm cycling to the Amex today, despite the only rain we've had in 7 days appearing to fall at midday on the bloody way. Thankfully because 100's of other like-minded souls are doing the same, the club satisfies its sustainable transport model, which was a reason for us having not only the initial planning consent but also the consent for the expansion.

So as you're sat there in the stadium today growling about cyclists, please remember we're in part responsible for the fact that there is a stadium at all, and we're definitely responsible for the corners being filled in.

Oh, and on the way home, can you not clip me with a wing mirror or pile into the back of me as I cycle round a van parked in the bike lane? I have a wife and a small child and I'd like to survive the murderous rage you have for people who are doing the best to keep the amount of traffic down for your journey.

Thanks

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And your point is null and voided by the fact I've been done for speeding on a pushbike. The policeman was impressed that I was doing 37mph through Seaford town centre though (I had been slip streaming a van shortly before). One hell of an ear bashing from Mr Policeman and I was on my way.

So you managed to reach 37mph on a pushbike, through a town centre, by slip streaming a van, and then came on here to tell everyone :facepalm:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My point was that he was saying cyclists never get clocked for speeding. I am evidence they do.

So, have you learned your lesson ? Did the policeman explain what further penalties you would face in the event of a repeat offence ? could they in fact somehow ban you from cycling for continued infractions as they would for licensed drivers ?

And on your bicycle, did you have disc brakes or anti lock brakes in order to stop yourself safely under control, like at a traffic light that changes to red ? or would you have had to go through it at 25mph because you physically could not stop ?

I think it would be safer for everyone then if you in fact got a car and kept to 20 mph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here