£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
If its too expensive don't pay and don't go, its quiet simple "put up or shut up!".

I had 'pencilled' this fixture as I can make that Saturday. However on seeing the prices I have done as advised and not bothered to go. The 'free' travel is no benefit to me as I travel from London. All of the tickets for this game are over-priced not just WSL, Millwall are bottom of the league so I presume their geographical proximity makes them Cat A. I won't be attending any games priced this highly. This doesn't bother me really, and the less I go, the more I get used to not going. I'd imagine there's more that feel the same

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I do run a business. And it doesn't have a massive debt. Which is a good thing.

And if you genuinely cannot understand the concept that even if something sells out there should be other pressures against profiteering, then there is no hope for you. If you put service station petrol prices up 50p a litre tomorrow, a lot of people would still pay it, because otherwise they wouldn't get home. But there would instantly be pressure, lobbying and a campaign, and the fallout would see the change reversed.

Yeah but this price ISN'T deterring customers, hence BHA attendance figures. And a lower price is available, they're doing nothing wrong. (there's a reason why the people running the club are successful people).

I actually agree this price is too high, I pay for my season ticket and it is significantly more than the Withdeen years. But when you compare the quality of the facilities and football it's slightly justifiable. If the club didn't recently pay over 100M on a stadium I wouldn't go. But I don't complain because I understand why SOME prices are that high.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crikey, that's a lot of money for championship football.

Comparable to other championship sides, is that the most expensive??

Seeing as you are choosing the dearest ticket price in the Amex, you might be interested to know that Birmingham, Ipswich, Leeds & Leicester all have a more expensive 'dearest' ticket price, and none of them include subsidised travel.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
What's wrong with that.

If you have x to buy a ticket, and the club are selling tickets for x, there's your ticket.
It's not like you're going to have a restricted view.

When was the last time anybody bought the best seats for the least money. FFS.

Um, didn't say I did and that would be bonkers.

The point is: 43 quid for a championship game (too much) and the club pricing modest earners out of a vast block of the ground (boo). It seems your point is a race to the bottom.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No it's not.

WSL is one of our most expensive seating options. If you want cheaper go for the East or a corner somewhere. BHA also need to fund a massive project which has already seen the best stadium in the Championship built. 43 is perfectly justifiable when there is demand from our fan base, if you ran a business would you choose to lower the price for no reason? ASs long as the tickets sell (which they do) there's isn't an issue. And as a said before fans who disagree with this price can go for a cheaper option.

Sense at last. And the travel subsidy also covered costs for access improvements and the provision of car parks.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I pay around £38 a month for my season ticket.

This month we have had the visit of Derby and we have Burnley (24th) and Millwall (31st)

That works out at £12.66 per game, tremendous value for money if you ask me.

Maybe people need to stop whinging around here and appreciate what a great deal we really get from the club.

FFS everybody moaning we havent signed anybody, that the food and tickets are too expensive, etc etc. Yet the club is paying for a stadium and training acadamy whilst trying to remain competitive on the pitch.

If its too expensive don't pay and don't go, its quiet simple "put up or shut up!".

What sort of arrogant post is that, not everybody can afford a season ticket and there are quite a few people that can't get to every game for whatever reason.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
whilst there is the demand, the prices will be high. Have to say I love BHA but at the moment feels like we have gone a bit 'Ryanair' and decided to add costs for everything. I know we need to focus on FFP but the balance seems unfair and the fans are the ones who are picking up the bill -
ticket prices up
kit prices up
booking fees added
food prices increased
buses reduced to stadium (even though I understand costs from Brighton Buses to club are still the same)
parking at Bridge car park increased from 10 to 15,
cashback for paying using ST - ok increase if you arrive early but reduced at peak time.
even the sweets in the east stand lower have increased

still love the club though.....! honest!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So it's okay to price a big chunk of our support out of decent seats? It's still too much for the league, even if it's the best view in the house. 43 big ones to see the albion? I shudder to think how much a seat in the same block would cost in the premier league.

But the best seats will always cost more and always have done. FWIW I too think it is a lotos money for a game against Milwall, but that is just the way it goes these days. At other events such as gigs theatre, opera etc, I am priced out of the best seats which are normally outrageously priced so I buy the ones I can afford.

Whilst our match by match tickets are expensive the STs are still tremendous value and you do actually get a good environment in which to watch the game in return for your money. At Ipswich which seems to be the biggest rip off in the league you pay over the odds and still get a crappy stand to sit/stand in.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why are people so surprised by these prices? Would you rather be back at Withdean in the 3rd tier?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I do run a business. And it doesn't have a massive debt. Which is a good thing.

And if you genuinely cannot understand the concept that even if something sells out there should be other pressures against profiteering, then there is no hope for you. If you put service station petrol prices up 50p a litre tomorrow, a lot of people would still pay it, because otherwise they wouldn't get home. But there would instantly be pressure, lobbying and a campaign, and the fallout would see the change reversed.

That's what they said when prices for petrol went over a pound a litre....... Where was the proposed fall out? Where was the lobbying and campaigning? Where were the reversal of price changes?

It's 1.40 now and still rising..... Your argument is somewhat flawed as people are still buying and prices are still rising.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We are still on a crest of a wave so can get away with this. The problem arises when barber is long gone and demand is less . Ticket prices rarely get slashed so it does look to be a short sighted view. You have to milk it where you can but naive if they think we will forever have 26 k if the team isn't doing the business. That probably isn't in barbers remit though as he will be gone so can just fulfil his brief right here and right now.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a ridiculous, arrogant and selfish post. The people who protested to keep this club alive. Were they just moaners? Ticket prices is a live issue in football, with a lot of long-time fans being priced out.

Not to mention the fact that you are paying £12.66 a match this month (although of course that is a misleading stat anyway, it's nearer £23 a match over the season or maybe £20 in the North) while others are charged £43, which if anything just highlights the gross over-pricing of single matchday tickets.

This month has been tremendous value FOR YOU. It has not been tremendous value if you have bought 3 WSL seats at £43 a pop and then are working away for months and can't justify a season ticket.

There is a world of fans outside you. I know. It's a radical concept.

Well said. :thumbsup:

BTW, I know our Executive Bean-Counter stated that there were a variety of tickets available in different parts of the ground (for those who want/need to pay on a match-by-match basis), but why was the south stand occupied by about 20 people at the opening game against Derby? Perhaps it's because the novelty has worn off for a proportion of punters; or maybe it was down to the shambolic Summer(?): but whatever the reason, it certainly isn't good for business or an example of the club maximising their match day revenue. Something doesn't feel right about the current ticketing policy as far as I'm concerned, and rising costs will just lead to biting the hand that feeds the club. It doesn't bode well.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We are still on a crest of a wave so can get away with this. The problem arises when barber is long gone and demand is less . Ticket prices rarely get slashed so it does look to be a short sighted view. You have to milk it where you can but naive if they think we will forever have 26 k if the team isn't doing the business. That probably isn't in barbers remit though as he will be gone so can just fulfil his brief right here and right now.

So so so so much THIS.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yeah but this price ISN'T deterring customers, hence BHA attendance figures. And a lower price is available, they're doing nothing wrong. (there's a reason why the people running the club are successful people).

I actually agree this price is too high, I pay for my season ticket and it is significantly more than the Withdeen years. But when you compare the quality of the facilities and football it's slightly justifiable. If the club didn't recently pay over 100M on a stadium I wouldn't go. But I don't complain because I understand why SOME prices are that high.

Erm, yes it is.

We had a 26k gate against Derby for the first game of the season. Over 24,000 of those are season ticket holders, over 1000 were Derby supporters, which indicates we sold less than 1k tickets on a individual match basis.

Of course it's deterring people. Simple maths.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Erm, yes it is.

We had a 26k gate against Derby for the first game of the season. Over 24,000 of those are season ticket holders, over 1000 were Derby supporters, which indicates we sold less than 1k tickets on a individual match basis.

Nothing to do with being August and summer holidays at all then?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Erm, yes it is.

Judge after enough games of the season have been played. A sample size of one game isn't big enough lol. Look at last season attendance figures... they're good. I'm pretty sure this year will be similar.

£33 for a ticket in the South Stand. Which is a good price and a great view with free travel.:shrug:

Too much moaning about everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports