Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I pay around £38 a month for my season ticket.

This month we have had the visit of Derby and we have Burnley (24th) and Millwall (31st)

That works out at £12.66 per game, tremendous value for money if you ask me.

Maybe people need to stop whinging around here and appreciate what a great deal we really get from the club.

FFS everybody moaning we havent signed anybody, that the food and tickets are too expensive, etc etc. Yet the club is paying for a stadium and training acadamy whilst trying to remain competitive on the pitch.

If its too expensive don't pay and don't go, its quiet simple "put up or shut up!".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This month we have had the visit of Derby and we have Burnley (24th) and Millwall (31st)

Maybe people need to stop whinging around here and appreciate what a great deal we really get from the club.

FFS everybody moaning we havent signed anybody, that the food and tickets are too expensive, etc etc. Yet the club is paying for a stadium and training acadamy whilst trying to remain competitive on the pitch.

If its too expensive don't pay and don't go, its quiet simple "put up or shut up!".

That's great if you can commit to a season ticket and get to every game.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
£43 x 23 home games = £989

I appreciate that the club offers discount if you buy a ST and there is the D/D scheme for monthly payments but it just highlights how expensive it is to watch the Albion these days.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
£43 is a disgusting amount to charge. Very few are going to pay that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame the only seats available are to best ones in the ground, which have always cost a premium.

If only there were great seats elsewhere, cheaper, that people could buy.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Could you be slightly more arrogant with your post??

So basically it's tough shit if fans cannot afford to stump up for a season ticket?........

There are other months with a maximum of 2 games so your figures are flawed.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
ipswich_zps2b0b7cb7.png

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

But you paid over a hundred pounds to not watch any football for three months over the summer?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
We are never going to sell out with tickets at that price. Selling tickets at that price means the club will POSSIBLY lose out on revenue as less tickets are sold (depending on price and demand change) but the club will definitely lose out on revenue from merchendise and food/drink.

I feel like the club are going about the wrong way to increase revenue. Putting the price up does not garuntee more profit but it will upset fans. They should make tickets and other products cheaper so they sell more, thus selling more and keeping their customers happy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It looks like the availability in the WSL is pretty limited so that a fair few people have paid £43 , ie: the v.few tickets available in WSL at £42+booking fee. But the majority of the other seats available in East, North are mostly at £32 (+booking fee) with a few at £36.
They are high but club announced ticket prices a while ago so this isn't breaking news and ignores other ways to pay...
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/matchday-ticket-prices-2013-14-final229-906747.pdf

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not ever had to buy a ticket elsewhere in the ground, being a hated STH, do the club firstly release all the expensive tickets, and then as they go it gets cheaper etc?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

How many 2013/14 games did you go to in April, May, June and July then

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

What a ridiculous, arrogant and selfish post. The people who protested to keep this club alive. Were they just moaners? Ticket prices is a live issue in football, with a lot of long-time fans being priced out.

Not to mention the fact that you are paying £12.66 a match this month (although of course that is a misleading stat anyway, it's nearer £23 a match over the season or maybe £20 in the North) while others are charged £43, which if anything just highlights the gross over-pricing of single matchday tickets.

This month has been tremendous value FOR YOU. It has not been tremendous value if you have bought 3 WSL seats at £43 a pop and then are working away for months and can't justify a season ticket.

There is a world of fans outside you. I know. It's a radical concept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here