Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
That's absolutely disgusting.

No it's not.

WSL is one of our most expensive seating options. If you want cheaper go for the East or a corner somewhere. BHA also need to fund a massive project which has already seen the best stadium in the Championship built. 43 is perfectly justifiable when there is demand from our fan base, if you ran a business would you choose to lower the price for no reason? ASs long as the tickets sell (which they do) there's isn't an issue. And as a said before fans who disagree with this price can go for a cheaper option.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Absolutely insane. It's a Cat A game, sure, but this is fleecing at it's finest. Lots and lots of people simply cannot afford 43 quid at the moment.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not ever had to buy a ticket elsewhere in the ground, being a hated STH, do the club firstly release all the expensive tickets, and then as they go it gets cheaper etc?

ahem...anyone?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
£43 for a standard seat, not VIP or exceptional in any way, is absurd for Championship football. And the travel element, which may (or may not) save you a fiver, is almost irrelevant. It's not a little bit over. It's miles over.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely insane. It's a Cat A game, sure, but this is fleecing at it's finest. Lots and lots of people simply cannot afford 43 quid at the moment.

But they are not asking lots and lots of people to pay it. Just for that couple of blocks which are deemed to be the best in the house. Cheaper tickets are available.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
£43 for a standard seat, not VIP or exceptional in any way, is absurd for Championship football. And the travel element, which may (or may not) save you a fiver, is almost irrelevant. It's not a little bit over. It's miles over.

You need to comprehend that our seats ALLWAYS sellout. The club are perfectly in their rights to charge a price which meets the demand of the public. If you're running a business which has a massive debt you might actually understand.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Paul Barber on rumour the club only release expensive tickets first via BBC Radio Sussex fan forum earlier this month

Well let's just kill that. We don't hold back tickets just because we want to sell the higher-priced first. There are a number of late releases of tickets and very often they are tickets that are released back to us from sponsors, from guests and from a range of other sources and we will release those as we have them. For cup games it is different. We have reduced the capacity of the stadium so we can keep our stewarding costs down - that's sensible and in a Financial Fair Play environment that's necessary, to be honest. But we always try and make sure that we have seats available in every block in every stand for as long as they're available. If they're not showing as available it's because there's a reason for that and they've been pre-allocated or they're being set aside for league sponsors, league guests, a whole bunch of reasons. But there's no strict policy of actually withholding cheap seats in favour of more expensive seats. We will try and sell TV side first, where we can, because if we're on a live TV game that's what the TV companies and the League would prefer us to do. But overall we try and fill as many areas of the ground as we can. From my point of view I'd just simply rather have the whole stadium full every time. And we've got a number of new initiatives, whether it's with the kids, schools, disadvantaged groups, Albion in the Community, where we're trying to get as many new people into the stadium as we can. And if they're from groups that can't afford it or can't pay the higher prices we will try and keep those sections free so that we can fill them with those people. So it's a combination of different things that we have out there. But it is an absolute myth that we hold back cheap tickets in favour of higher priced tickets - that just isn't true.
via: >> http://attheendofthedaydes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/fans-forum-transcript.html

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The cheapest tickets are £33. I still think that is too much for a game of football.

So do I. IF you benefit from say £5 on the travel (and you may well not) that is still £28. I would say that is too much for a Championship match, but at least you're getting closer there.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
But they are not asking lots and lots of people to pay it. Just for that couple of blocks which are deemed to be the best in the house. Cheaper tickets are available.

So it's okay to price a big chunk of our support out of decent seats? It's still too much for the league, even if it's the best view in the house. 43 big ones to see the albion? I shudder to think how much a seat in the same block would cost in the premier league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is a world of fans outside you. I know. It's a radical concept.
A world of fans that don't have to buy the most expensive tickets on offer.

If it was £43 across the board then you are 100% right, but it isn't and never has been.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You need to comprehend that our seats ALLWAYS sellout. The club are perfectly in their rights to charge a price which meets the demand of the public. If you're running a business which has a massive debt you might actually understand.

I do run a business. And it doesn't have a massive debt. Which is a good thing.

And if you genuinely cannot understand the concept that even if something sells out there should be other pressures against profiteering, then there is no hope for you. If you put service station petrol prices up 50p a litre tomorrow, a lot of people would still pay it, because otherwise they wouldn't get home. But there would instantly be pressure, lobbying and a campaign, and the fallout would see the change reversed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The cheapest tickets are £33. I still think that is too much for a game of football.
I think you're right but market forces and the clubs economy means they can't charge a tenner, like the good old days.

£33 represents decent par value when compared to the rest of the division.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

TWENTY ONE blocks are priced at £42 for Cat A games. 7 in WSL (all of WSL within the pitch boundary), 4 central blocks in ESL, all 8 blocks in ESU and 2 in WS middle tier at the extreme north end.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So it's okay to price a big chunk of our support out of decent seats? It's still too much for the league, even if it's the best view in the house. 43 big ones to see the albion? I shudder to think how much a seat in the same block would cost in the premier league.

True these are high prices but some would argue we benefit from a stadium where every seat is decent and offers great site lines. Its high but then again there are plenty of cheaper options, (some) people are prepared to pay it, and the club looks likely, again, to have the biggest average attendance. It already (23K + ) has the biggest number of season ticket holders and higher than last year in the Champ...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paupers, get to the corners where you belong.
What's wrong with that.

If you have x to buy a ticket, and the club are selling tickets for x, there's your ticket.
It's not like you're going to have a restricted view.

When was the last time anybody bought the best seats for the least money. FFS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TWENTY ONE blocks are priced at £42 for Cat A games. 7 in WSL (all of WSL within the pitch boundary), 4 central blocks in ESL, all 8 in ESU and 2 in WS middle tier at the extreme north end.
So what's the full sliding scale?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thats mad. My season ticket costs less per month than that. Seems to me people are actually better off buying a seaston ticket on a interest free dd even if you only turn up for half the games it would probabley still work out cheaper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here