Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I had 'pencilled' this fixture as I can make that Saturday. However on seeing the prices I have done as advised and not bothered to go. The 'free' travel is no benefit to me as I travel from London. All of the tickets for this game are over-priced not just WSL, Millwall are bottom of the league so I presume their geographical proximity makes them Cat A. I won't be attending any games priced this highly. This doesn't bother me really, and the less I go, the more I get used to not going. I'd imagine there's more that feel the same

I do think this is a genuine concern. Getting fans back in the habit of going to the Amex is the name of the game and I guess the proof will be attendances this season. If the club are selling out constantly then they've probably got it right but if not then they will have to review it. I do wince at the the thought of a WSL seat costing £43 though. I would point out that if you are buying train tickets from London then the travel subsidy will help as you only need to buy tickets to Haywards Heath, not Brighton (I think) and of course you don't have to buy the most expensive seat in the house.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Erm, yes it is.

We had a 26k gate against Derby for the first game of the season. Over 24,000 of those are season ticket holders, over 1000 were Derby supporters, which indicates we sold less than 1k tickets on a individual match basis.

Of course it's deterring people. Simple maths.

Yep and thats when everything in the garden is rosy, what happens if the bottom falls out and we are in the bottom six, gates are certain to drop, god forbid it doesn't happen but it would be very difficult to pull in those extra punters.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Judge after enough games of the season have been played. A sample size of one game isn't big enough lol. Look at last season attendance figures... they're good. I'm pretty sure this year will be similar.

You said people aren't being put off, considering the 'Categories' have been in place for one match, im unsure as to what you're basing your statement on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Travel included in price then.

Too much moaning about everything.

I wish people would stop complaining about discussions on prices and simply dismissing it as moaning. It's a valid discussion, hardly comparable to complaining about pie heat/sauce density/running out of Harveys or what-have-you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Erm, yes it is.

We had a 26k gate against Derby for the first game of the season. Over 24,000 of those are season ticket holders, over 1000 were Derby supporters, which indicates we sold less than 1k tickets on a individual match basis.

Indeed. It IS effecting attendances. I went to around 10 matches last season - I'll be cutting back to around 5 this season due to the prices ( maybe even less now there's no H bus ). The OP has also stated he'll be cutting back - I doubt we'll be the only ones. Season tickets are good value - match by match tickets are not.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
When will moaners take into account the free travel that no other club offers!

£50 per season to save £1.50 x 23 (£34.50). I certainly take the "Free" travel into consideration since it adds £15.50 per season to the cost of my matchday experience. Thanks Albion. I'm ever so grateful. :wrong:

I wish people would stop complaining about discussions on prices and simply dismissing it as moaning. It's a valid discussion, hardly comparable to complaining about pie heat/sauce density/running out of Harveys or what-have-you.

It's not when the OP is complaining that the price to watch Millwall is £43 when it is not - it's £33. If you want to purchase the most expensive seats in the ground you pay more. Buy a ST and share the cost and ticket with mates .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This doesn't bother me really, and the less I go, the more I get used to not going. I'd imagine there's more that feel the same

I'm definitely out of the habit. I went to Withdean more than I did to the Amex. An average of 15 games a season (for the duration of our stay), down to 10 visits to our new home. Everyone has their price limit. I think £30+ to watch a game of football is ridiculous. I don't plan on going this season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not when the OP is complaining that the price to watch Millwall is £43 when it is not - it's £33. If you want to purchase the most expensive seats in the ground you pay more. Buy a ST and share the cost and ticket with mates .

The OP is not complaining. His opening post asked if our WSL price of £43 was one of the most expensive tickets in the league. He didn't state that you can only buy a ticket for that price. The conversation then moved on.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Erm, yes it is.

I'm definitely out of the habit. I went to Withdean more than I did to the Amex. An average of 15 games a season (for the duration of our stay), down to 10 visits to our new home. Everyone has their price limit. I think £30+ to watch a game of football is ridiculous. I don't plan on going this season.

Not so much a barrel of fun then.

Do you own a car ? - do you fill it with petrol ? - if so that's £40-£50 a week gone. Priorities.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

£30 CHEAPEST ticket to watch us play Milwall is ludacrous, and if it wasn't for my season ticket, i'd never pay that. I appreciate other clubs charge that, but that doesn't make it good value.
It simply highlights how ridiculous ticket prices are at pretty much every club in the country. I'm looking at going over to Germany next month, a Bundesliga ticket for Hertha Berlin at the Olympiastadion is 15 euros, or for Hamburg at the Imtech Arena is 14 Euros.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

to be honest I feel that way now about away games. I used to go with Laura every away game...from Carlisle to Bristol, when Rovers played at Bath, Wrexham, Blackpool, to Colchester...for years we spent a huge amount of money ....but now I have got out of the habit and even to the extent that I couldn't be arsed to try to get a QPR ticket. If I can get a Reading one, I probably will get one, but again it wouldnt kill me not to get one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Do you own a car ? - do you fill it with petrol ? - if so that's £40-£50 a week gone. Priorities.

Errr .... maybe BOF needs to run a car for something as mundane as say work ? I can assure you peoples priorities often change as they get older. If the Albion want to attract me to the football then they need to hit a price point I think is reasonable. They may not need the attendance of casuals such as BOF or myself at the moment but there will come a time when gates drop - they need to be mindful of that !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

No. I switched my car for a bike. I could probably afford a season ticket, but it doesn't really make sense with the ability to attend not all matches. I could probably afford the ticket prices on a semi-regular basis, but I don't feel comfortable with the price.

I'm not taking a moral high ground, I don't feel comfortable contributing to such a crass industry that benefits so few. For that reason, I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here