Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is the problem - I sympathise with the sentiment but there is no point having 6000 old school fans rattling around in Falmer. And the more the club can get per game from these "newbies", the more money there is to spend on the squad. It is a very difficult balancing act to manage but this default setting of "getting up at 5am to go to Carlisle makes you top of the pile" that some people seem to have is most certainly not the way forward. The club have to try and keep 20000 people happy to maximise their revenue and some people won't like some decisions. It is sadly inevitable.

I totally agree.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If such a policy is "inevitable", then why don't all the Club Wembley members have priority for World Cup tickets and England away games ahead of the supporters who actually travel to the games? Then all the corporate's could ensure have first dibs for a World Cup final ticket if we ever got there. That would make sense wouldn't it, as they put in the most money, and would allows the FA to justify an increase in the cost of the corporate seat.

Oh, they don't? I suppose that's probably because while they accept that maximising revenues is integral to any business plan, you've still got to keep your long-term core customer sweet, which is what the EnglandFans+ scheme does.

Sadly, the Albion don't understand this. But apparently this is justified because Tony Bloom wants to make his money back. :facepalm:

Its what appears to be the elitist way in which its being done.

Very little information offered to the bulk of fans and what appears to be little interest in people that have helped keep the club going.

Bloom has put forward his millions and can act how he wants but that does not mean he has the right to fleece everyone else to get a refund. In answer to the question he could right a cheque or sell it to someone who can pay or borrow agaisnt the assests and my future season ticket payments.
How is it "fleecing everyone else" and how has "very little information" been offered to the bulk of fans? Every STH got a letter with their renewal and had a priority period which is right and proper. Now the exclusive period is over, there has been a big article in the Argus, coverage on BBC Sussex, BBC TV and Meridian. And there is a webpage on the official site.

Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | 1901 Club | 1901 Club

When the club are in a position to give tours to prospective STHs and have the resources to deal with it, there will be widespread information available. But debentures have done and always will come first whatever the venue.

If such a policy is "inevitable", then why don't all the Club Wembley members have priority for World Cup tickets and England away games ahead of the supporters who actually travel to the games? Then all the corporate's could ensure have first dibs for a World Cup final ticket if we ever got there. That would make sense wouldn't it, as they put in the most money, and would allows the FA to justify an increase in the cost of the corporate seat.

Oh, they don't? I suppose that's probably because while they accept that maximising revenues is integral to any business plan, you've still got to keep your long-term core customer sweet, which is what the EnglandFans+ scheme does.

Sadly, the Albion don't understand this. But apparently this is justified because Tony Bloom wants to make his money back. :facepalm:
Because Club Wembley is not for a club debenture - it covers England games, FA Cup games, Charity Shield and Rugby. Wembley do not have any jurisdiction over tickets outside of Wembley. It is not an England debenture, it is a stadium debenture. Not too sure why you need that simple fact pointing out though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So, if Platinum are already sold out, how long before they are being sold on..at a premium?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Although I have joined the 1901 club I would more than happy for STH's to have the same priority for all away games. Would also operate a credit scheme similar to the England Fans Club. It's the only fair way. STH's and 1901 Club would get credit for all home games as would anyone who paid for all home. And the same for away. That way no one who attended few games would get the same preference.

I'd like to see a credit system too.
Something like this:
100 credits for STH
For non-STH between 1-5 points a home game depending on how unattractive the fixture is. Attending every game would total 90 credits.
Between 1-5 points an away game depending on how unattractive the fixture is. Attending every game would total 100 credits.
50 credits for 1901 club

Something like this:
100 credits for STH
For non-STH between 1-5 points a home game depending on how unattractive the fixture is. Attending every game would total 90 credits.
Between 1-5 points an away game depending on how unattractive the fixture is. Attending every game would total 100 credits.
50 credits for 1901 club
So you have any idea how much WHINING there would be on here when everyone had to buy their away ticket before travelling in order to get their points? :lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's not just £75 per month is it :facepalm:

Fine dinning,sliver service,expensive menue's and beverages.I think that alone is far more expensive then a hotdog and beer.

Same could be argued about my old man forking out on 3 season tickets a year (£800ish) over the last 9 years, numerous shirts and so on and so on, plus another 3 season tickets a year at Falmer. Its the principle that someone who can afford it, can come along to their first ever game, and say we get Palace away in the cup, have priority over me, leaving a struggle for tickets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's not cheap going to every away game! I usually do about a one-er a trip, over 2k a season.

But that surely is money spent on the day and does not include travel / match ticket ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lets be honest, how many of these corprate types that you lot object to are going to want to go to away games?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Something like this:
100 credits for STH
50 credits for 1901 club

If you introduce this will the money bags 1901 types simply start blanket buying of away-tickets, and not using them, to maintain their rating?

Or should they have to produce evidence of travel? Or collect a stamp at the ground or something? I know this happens with England but this points nonsense is an unworkable system on a fort-nightly basis.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lets be honest, how many of these corprate types that you lot object to are going to want to go to away games?

Not that many till the glamour cup game arrives every four years or so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, if Platinum are already sold out, how long before they are being sold on..at a premium?

It's a matter of days I reckon.

Same could be argued about my old man forking out on 3 season tickets a year (£800ish) over the last 9 years, numerous shirts and so on and so on, plus another 3 season tickets a year at Falmer. Its the principle that someone who can afford it, can come along to their first ever game, and say we get Palace away in the cup, have priority over me, leaving a struggle for tickets.
You don't get an IPad cheap because you have bought an IPod before. Tell people who buy an IPad for £500 that they will have to wait 10 years before they can buy future Apple products at the same discounted rate as old customers and you won't get many buyers.

Again, I agree with the sentiment but this situation is unique. The club need to attract 13000 new supporters and you can't do that by favouring the original 4500 who were at the lowest league attendance. Or the 1500 who turned up to a JPT game once. The only way the club can recognise past loyalty is to recognise past STHs. Far from ideal again but there are no other options. And STHs got first dibs at 1901 and long term STHs will get first dibs at Falmer STs. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else you want them to do.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Because Club Wembley is not for a club debenture - it covers England games, FA Cup games, Charity Shield and Rugby. Wembley do not have any jurisdiction over tickets outside of Wembley. It is not an England debenture, it is a stadium debenture. Not too sure why you need that simple fact pointing out though.

What a shame you didn't stick with your promise of "deleting cookies now" if you're going to have a patronising tone like that. Basically, you're rich, want everyone to know about it, and are quite happy that you'll be surrounded by corporate knobs who get access to tickets to Albion games that they don't give a shit about, purely because they can afford to pay more.

That little link below is from pissed off United supporters. Quite right. They've got shit owners who don't care about the fans, they just want to fleece them for as much money as possible.

Which is exactly the route the Albion are going down if they aren't careful.

Still, you're in the extreme minority that can afford to chuck your money at the club and not feel ripped off as a result, and brag about it on a message board. I'm happy for you.

Knob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here