Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How is it "fleecing everyone else" and how has "very little information" been offered to the bulk of fans? Every STH got a letter with their renewal and had a priority period which is right and proper. Now the exclusive period is over, there has been a big article in the Argus, coverage on BBC Sussex, BBC TV and Meridian. And there is a webpage on the official site.

Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | 1901 Club | 1901 Club

When the club are in a position to give tours to prospective STHs and have the resources to deal with it, there will be widespread information available. But debentures have done and always will come first whatever the venue.

So how does the ticketing/ST work for the bulk of the stadium that is not part of the 1901 package, price, dates, options and facilities. I stand corrected if I have missed this.

What a shame you didn't stick with your promise of "deleting cookies now" if you're going to have a patronising tone like that. Basically, you're rich, want everyone to know about it, and are quite happy that you'll be surrounded by corporate knobs who get access to tickets to Albion games that they don't give a shit about, purely because they can afford to pay more.

That little link below is from pissed off United supporters. Quite right. They've got shit owners who don't care about the fans, they just want to fleece them for as much money as possible.

Which is exactly the route the Albion are going down if they aren't careful.

Still, you're in the extreme minority that can afford to chuck your money at the club and not feel ripped off as a result, and brag about it on a message board. I'm happy for you.

Knob.
You are very funny when you lose an argument as you default to abuse. :smile: And have completely ignored the reference I made to not being rich and being out of a job in September. But other than that, quality ranting.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
You don't get an IPad cheap because you have bought an IPod before. Tell people who buy an IPad for £500 that they will have to wait 10 years before they can buy future Apple products at the same discounted rate as old customers and you won't get many buyers.

Again, I agree with the sentiment but this situation is unique. The club need to attract 13000 new supporters and you can't do that by favouring the original 4500 who were at the lowest league attendance. Or the 1500 who turned up to a JPT game once. The only way the club can recognise past loyalty is to recognise past STHs. Far from ideal again but there are no other options. And STHs got first dibs at 1901 and long term STHs will get first dibs at Falmer STs. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else you want them to do.

Again yes, i agree about new supporters not being treated like shit on your shoe, but those who forked out £400 on St's at Withdean should not be put BEHIND those new supporters who have the ability to purchase 1901 seats, just because they cant afford it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even the marketing people say Platinum will be "stuffy". :lol: Not had a contract yet but I don't think you can sell the debenture yourself. If you can't make a game you can sell match tickets but I'm not sure you can sell the option.

I was told you can sell the membership and the ticket on the open market. In fact that Ken chap gave examples of the prices of similar season tickets at Hull when the KC first opened, and when they were in the Prem. I'm not sure how this would work though i.e. can you simply stick it on ebay or will the club operate as an agency and bring parties together.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No, that figure includes travel / match ticket.

I stand corrected but surely some of the "north" games would be £40 train fare, £20 match day ticket so only £40 notes spunked on booze, fags and food - you disappoint me :p:laugh:

So how does the ticketing/ST work for the bulk of the stadium that is not part of the 1901 package, price, dates, options and facilities. I stand corrected if I have missed this.
I mentioned that in the last sentence. The club have said many times that there will be hard hat tours and details when possible and I have read several times on here that this will be in the autumn. The stadium is a year away from completion and presumable they are only selling what is considered corporate now to get funds into the club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Again yes, i agree about new supporters not being treated like shit on your shoe, but those who forked out £400 on St's at Withdean should not be put BEHIND those new supporters who have the ability to purchase 1901 seats, just because they cant afford it.

Sadly money talks no matter what. On the flip side these big games rarely happen and away support is usually a very small average over a season therefore should not be a major issue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I mentioned that in the last sentence. The club have said many times that there will be hard hat tours and details when possible and I have read several times on here that this will be in the autumn. The stadium is a year away from completion and presumable they are only selling what is considered corporate now to get funds into the club.

So presumably all those in this 1901 club have just paid the debenture price and not the actual monthly direct debit yet until we start playing at Falmer ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So presumably all those in this 1901 club have just paid the debenture price and not the actual monthly direct debit yet until we start playing at Falmer ?

Correct

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I still think they could easily give a bit more detail or outline about how it will roll out.

Part of this is a sales techique to milk more money out of STH who do not know what the alternative will be.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
without existing STH some of whom make up the lions share of the 1901 club there would be no Albion to support ...going to away games contributed nothing financial in keeping the Albion afloat during the recent dark days..get realistic about ticket allocations...those who fund the club deserve to be at the front of the queue ....

this

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's the point though. It won't be an issue whatsoever for 95 per cent of matches because no corporates will want to go to bog standard league matches and it'll be the same 500/1000 there each week. However, when we get Man United away, half of the allocation will go to people who can afford £90 a month.

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about it. I just think it's a real shame that after what the fans did to get this stadium built under the leadership of Dick Knight that we can sell our soul so easily just because some short arse wants a plaything.

You have to draw a line somewhere and the club has used this as a part of the enticement of the sale. These things work fine when on a roll however there is a lot of work to be done for us to even get to the Championship and a lot of money to be spent on the team.

I still reckon even Man Utd away would not attract that many corporates as they rarely travel anywhere.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You are very funny when you lose an argument as you default to abuse. :smile: And have completely ignored the reference I made to not being rich and being out of a job in September. But other than that, quality ranting.

I haven't lost an argument at all have I? I'm putting forward my view on something, which I'll happily continue to do until I find something else to do on this muggy afternoon.

I could point out that the majority of events Wembley hosts are England Internationals. I could get into a detailed argument about the relationship between The FA and Wembley Stadium. But I can't really be arsed to do the research. I'm certain my point still remains though, even if the finer technicalities don't - those who pay the most money to watch England (home) games could quite easily be offered away priority to. But they aren't, because it would be unfair on the people who actually travel away on a regular basis.

And I'm right I think - the United owners do shit on their supporters (unless you want to 'argue' that?). Which is what the Albion could potentially be seen as doing in the eyes of many. A point of mine which, I think, you've completely ignored yourself. There are enough corporate benefits as it is - I don't think away games should be bundled in. My attitude isn't going to change on that, so again I fail to see how I have 'lost'.

Oh, and I haven't ignored the reference you made to not being rich and being out of a job in September. I haven't even read that in one of your posts (I accept that my attention to detail is sometimes a little crap). But that possibly says a lot about why you agree with this shit decision making, because you've presumably made a poor decision yourself if you're "not rich" but can afford to pay for a premium seat when you're going to have no job.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Has binfest season started yet? At least we have the world cup as a distraction I suppose. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here