Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
That is absolute TOSH.

Why should someone lucky enough to afford a posh seat at Falmer get exclusive rights to our big games away from home, when someone lesser off that goes to games home and away possibly can't get a ticket?

Funny, it's always the people guaranteed a ticket who are keen to back the clubs joke policy up. Let's face it, nobody else will. Because it stinks.

Because the reality of the world is those that fund the most are at the front of the queue

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That is absolute TOSH.

Why should someone lucky enough to afford a posh seat at Falmer get exclusive rights to our big games away from home, when someone lesser off that goes to games home and away possibly can't get a ticket?

Funny, it's always the people guaranteed a ticket who are keen to back the clubs joke policy up. Let's face it, nobody else will. Because it stinks.

What if the FA suddenly said the prawn sandwich brigade at Wembley got first dibs on all England away tickets because they have shown the must loyalty in buying the premium seats, thus earning them the most revenue? Would that be fair? No.

Corporates buy a ticket for home games at the ground that provides their hospitality, NOT for away games. The club has f***ed up on this, without shadow of a doubt. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

Agree again. It seems the argument for most of those in the 1901 club getting priority is that they can afford to do so. Absolute tosh. Many people struggle to pay for a season ticket, let alone to go in the 1901 club. The price of the season ticket SHOULD NOT affect your priority in away games...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Because the reality of the world is those that fund the most are at the front of the queue

Indeed - but that shouldn't mean that those who fund the most are in front of separate queue's as well.

It stinks.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Can someone explain roughly how the figure of 7 million in money raised so far on corporate/Gold/Platinum sales is calculated. I have tried to work out they come to this figure but just can't make the figures add up. Probably my stupidity. Anyone?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Sorry, but supporting a football club is about more than where your money goes. Getting up at 5am on a Saturday morning to go to Carlisle shows just as much dedication, if not more, than being able to afford £90 a month.

But it puts no money in OUR club ...I appreciate your dedication travelling the country ( I use to when i was younger ..not so much now) but you are missing the point ...most of the 1901 Club will be people who have help fund the club in troubled times getting preference for their dedication in financial terms

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Season ticket holders at most clubs get priority, I'd imagine platinum seat holders and normal season ticket holders will have 'A' priority.

Classic NSC thread, the club sorts its business schemes out and pulls in 7 odd million already and people still nit pick and find something to moan about.

I'm with the Badger on this. The away games that will test the system are the High Priority matches in small stadiums. Could be a must-win away game against Brentford, where a victory for either team could mean a play-off place (and we have an allocation of just 1,200 tickets), or a fifth round FA cup game against, say, Yeovil. Or even a first round FA cup game against Salisbury City.

By all means resolve these issues with a ballot, but give ALL season ticket holders an equal chance.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
But it puts no money in OUR club ...I appreciate your dedication travelling the country ( I use to when i was younger ..not so much now) but you are missing the point ...most of the 1901 Club will be people who have help fund the club in troubled times getting preference for their dedication in financial terms

Yes - they can have preference in every single way possible at FALMER.

But why should they get preference for away games? Can anyone answer that with a decent answer? No.

When American Express and numerous other companies steam in (having had nothing to do with the Albion previously) and have half their employee's going to the glamour cup tie against Arsenal at the Emirates at the expense of the Albion fan base, is that right? No.

Priority at Falmer is fine. That's what the Corporate's SHOULD be paying for. Priority away isn't. Anyone who can't see that is quite probably either a delighted member of the 1901 club who for some reason can't bring themselves to admit that they're getting a hugely uneccessary and undeserved additional benefit for their money, or one of the mugs that came up with the joke policy themselves.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why is money relevant, are we saying a toff that inherits 10 million pounds and spends less than 0.01% of his income on a first time ST, has more right to benefit than a working person who has spent 15% of there income every year for 10 years (when we looked like going bust) following the club.

I feel the current board are a little obsessed chasing big money and have failed to explain or show the majority of fans how, where and when we will get to applie for seats at the newly awaited stadium. I have purchased 2 long term season tickets and felt this has not meant anything to the club.

I am unsure I would want the corporate stuffiness even if I could aford to splash out that DD every month.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
When American Express and numerous other companies steam in (having had nothing to do with the Albion previously) and have half their employee's going to the glamour cup tie against Arsenal at the Emirates at the expense of the Albion fan base, is that right? No.

AMEX have corporate boxes at Emirates / Wembley /Stamford bridge et al for entertaining staff/businesses and for Centurion holders should they wish. I cannot see them taking people to Emirates and standing in the away end.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
AMEX have corporate boxes at Emirates / Wembley /Stamford bridge et al for entertaining staff/businesses and for Centurion holders should they wish. I cannot see them taking people to Emirates and standing in the away end.

I don't give a shit. It was a hypothetical example.

The game could quite easily have been Crawley Town away in the FA Cup first round. The point still applies - and I'm fairly sure Crawley DON'T have AMEX boxes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Season Ticket holders will have 'A' priority, I would put my house on it. The same system is in place at the likes of Arsenal, Leeds ect there are far more examples also. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why is money relevant, are we saying a toff that inherits 10 million pounds and spends less than 0.01% of his income on a first time ST, has more right to benefit than a working person who has spent 15% of there income every year for 10 years (when we looked like going bust) following the club.

I feel the current board are a little obsessed chasing big money and have failed to explain or show the majority of fans how, where and when we will get to applie for seats at the newly awaited stadium. I have purchased 2 long term season tickets and felt this has not meant anything to the club.

I am unsure I would want the corporate stuffiness even if I could aford to splash out that DD every month.
I think Bloom has every right to chase money don't you? How else will the club pay back 93 million in 20 old years or so?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to those who have gone for the 1901 thing, but IMHO just wouldn't feel right watching the Albion from the equivalent of a La-Z-Boy-Recliner. Doesn't even feel right watching the game from the occasional sponsor seat in the North Stand at Withdean.

For me it's the Falmer North Stand or nothing at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Although I have joined the 1901 club I would more than happy for STH's to have the same priority for all away games. Would also operate a credit scheme similar to the England Fans Club. It's the only fair way. STH's and 1901 Club would get credit for all home games as would anyone who paid for all home. And the same for away. That way no one who attended few games would get the same preference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here