• Simon Cowell

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Redgrave and Grey-Thompson. Our greatest ever Olympian and Paralympian.

I'd be dissapointed if its ANYONE else.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The greatest living Briton:

paul-danan-1.jpg

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
John Terry

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I genuinely think asking any Olympian to do it will demean us as a nation. Let's face it, all our Olympians are even shitter than the average Olympian, so we'll be resorting to a rower or some other clown who once won a bronze in another of the college pastimes. Let's get a true English LEGEND with a bit of SHOWBIZ appeal in to do the job. This is really rare opportunity to show off our nation to the world. Let's not put up somebody nobody else has even heard of. As I said, Her Majesty is the obvious option and, with the Jubilee factor thrown in, I fully expect her to get the gig.

I really don't know how you came up with the thought that our olympians are "even shitter than the average olympian". Complete and utter shit in itself. Try Olympic standard rowing, cycling, swimming, athletics, judo etc. and let me now how you get on. Complete Twat rather than Badger I would suggest

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
No, I don't, because he's a ROWER. And who the hell cares about rowing? Outside of Cambridge and Oxford I'm not sure anybody in the world does. The Olympics might be rubbish in content, but it's still a massive publicity opportunity to show off the UK so we'd be foolish to miss it. Let's do something that will get the world talking about our country. Imagine the Queen AND David Beckham together, when would you EVER get to see them join forces apart from for this? That's the sort of bar I would be setting, not rowers or sailors or bungee jumpers.

It's always a bit worrying when people take my genuine opinions to be wind-ups!

By that rationale then surely there is no point in the Olympics itself. After all Usain Bolt is just a runner. The whole point of the Olympics is so that people from all over the world can compete on a world stage and showcase their sport.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
No, I don't, because he's a ROWER. And who the hell cares about rowing? Outside of Cambridge and Oxford I'm not sure anybody in the world does. The Olympics might be rubbish in content, but it's still a massive publicity opportunity to show off the UK so we'd be foolish to miss it. Let's do something that will get the world talking about our country. Imagine the Queen AND David Beckham together, when would you EVER get to see them join forces apart from for this? That's the sort of bar I would be setting, not rowers or sailors or bungee jumpers.

It's always a bit worrying when people take my genuine opinions to be wind-ups!

I would GENUINELY love to be on the med's your on..... Sir Steve Redgrave has won more medals for team GB than anyone else. What has David Beckham done in terms of being an Olympian? And to have that hatchet faced old bag grimacing her way through the lighting would be an absolute travesty. She's had her party, and she will be there as head of state presumably.

I've got a feeling it will be Sir Steve Redgrave and Dame Kelly Holmes. Just because it feels right and ticks all the boxes.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Barry Scott of Cillit Bang fame should do the putting out eventually

You can here it now 'Bang, and the flame is gone'

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
CEO of McDonald's, or Coca Cola. That would keep the "sponsors first" theme going along nicely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Redgrave has won five gold medals (I think). There are hundreds of these things dished out every time the OG are held, so five makes him fairly irrelevant in history. The Queen has ruled our country for SIXTY years and David Beckham is arguably the most recognisable living Englishman. They are both far greater achievements in my book. If we were talking about the opening of a leisure centre I'd agree with you, but the WORLD will be watching our country in a couple of weeks. That's quite a big deal and doesn't happen very often. Let's not show them how mediocre we really are putting forward rowers and other nonsense sportsmen.
Give it up. You are sounding like an irrelevent bore.

Who lit the flame in Beijing and Sydney then? Seeing as a 5 time Olympian is so irrelevant as to clearly embarrass the nation, you will know the answers fairly quickly. Chop chop.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Whoever voted for Beckham should be strung up by the thumbs. Sake. :glare:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Sake. What is with people who think everything is shit or stupid or pointless or moronic. You can nay say all you like, but let people enjoy what they want to. Most of the populace would think the same of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here