Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It should be Thompson. If you saw how good this guy was, you'd want it to be him too. Also it's for a proper Olympic discipline, the decathlon! Not just rowing a f***ing boat.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Unless the queen has suddenly developed skills as one of the best Olympic sprinters getting from the place where she makes her speech and declairs the Olympics open to light the cauldron immediately after I think we can count her out.

Personally do not care will be avoiding this as much as is humanly possible, the only good thing has been the 2012 series on BBC 2.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Kate Windsor

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Redgrave top of this particular list without a doubt - the Daley Thompson debate is pathetic - the guy had no respect for anyone (except perhaps Ron Pickering) during his career - whistled his way smugly through the national anthem during a medal ceremony - and was routinely unpleasant to a lot of people on a very regular basis. Refused to wear anything but Adidas gear even to black tie functions.

For international appeal you could do Wills and Kate - but I'd go with a legendary sportsman of the past and one representing the future as a double act - one of each sex preferably - to avoid any potential Saudi displeasure.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I genuinely think asking any Olympian to do it will demean us as a nation. Let's face it, all our Olympians are even shitter than the average Olympian, so we'll be resorting to a rower or some other clown who once won a bronze in another of the college pastimes. Let's get a true English LEGEND with a bit of SHOWBIZ appeal in to do the job. This is really rare opportunity to show off our nation to the world. Let's not put up somebody nobody else has even heard of. As I said, Her Majesty is the obvious option and, with the Jubilee factor thrown in, I fully expect her to get the gig.

So you don't want a five-time Olympic champion to undertake a great honour at the Olympic Games - you'd prefer to show off our nation's culture in the form of some no-mark D-List gutter-trash celebrity because that's what you think puts the Great into Great Britain?

'Legend' and 'Showbiz' couldn't be further apart on the spectrum if you tried.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I suspect that Beckham will be the last runner into the stadium and will pass the flame to Redgrave to light the cauldron.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So you don't want a five-time Olympic champion to undertake a great honour at the Olympic Games - you'd prefer to show off our nation's culture in the form of some no-mark D-List gutter-trash celebrity because that's what you think puts the Great into Great Britain?

'Legend' and 'Showbiz' couldn't be further apart on the spectrum if you tried.

I think CB is now saying to himself, 'hook, line and sinker!!!!'

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
If gus lights the flame, a stray ember will drift down the road and bonfire old selhurst. Then we can all dance around it and sing: selhurst's burning selhurst's burning, draw nearer draw nearer, to the glory to the glory, come sing and be merry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here