• Ant & Dec

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Simon Cowell

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
His time in Spain was hardly medal-laden.

One La Liga title in a season he hardly featured. Todo.

I don't think Beckham should do it but you are being a little harsh

Beckham fell out of favour at the beginning of that season but forced his way back in and was a major factor in them winning the league. Even Capello admitted he'd made a mistake leaving him out and saying how important he was

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The Olympics are now such papier mache sponsor driven nonsense,a fortnight of fluff for selling coca cola and Macdees that it has to be someone in that image.

Cowheel for me.

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Ok, sorry I didn't spell it out for you. But the point stands. If you love athletics or any of the events in the OG then good for you, this must be like an absolute wet dream. I honestly hope you fill your boots and have a wonderful time over the next few weeks. I (think) I'd love to see a World Cup in England, and I'd be all over a Test match at the County Ground or a grand prix through the streets of Brighton, so I can imagine how you feel right now.

If you never watch a single one of the events for four years and then rear your head when the OG starts and claim to love it, you're a prick.

What a complete tit you are.

For many people the Olympics is exciting because of its diversity, quality and the fact it engages you in sports you otherwise don't watch. For many of us without Sky you don't even have the option of watching various sports you may like to.

Back to point of topic. It has to be an Olympian that lights it, and it should be a great. Redgrave and Thompson are the ones that fit the bill. If Coe did it, it would feel somehwhat rigged.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If this were four or eight years later, Chris Hoy would be the ideal candidate. As he's competing though, I think he should get the honour of carrying the flag during the opening ceremony instead. Let a past legend light the flame - Redgrave/Thompson/Holmes (anyone that doubts Holmes deserves it, the story behind/before her 2004 triumph is here)

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Should be choreographed so that it is a joint effort from Team GB greats (past and present), Seb, Daley, Jess, Phillips et al should pass Ellie Simmonds between them till she gets to the top step and then Steve R very gently tips her into the cauldron so she can light the flame.

Everyone in the stadium will go wild and then in a moment the opening cereminy will descend into a moment of ecstasy like that scene out of the film parfum. Boris will be plating Tessa Jowell, whilst Tony B sinks to his knees to pleasure Jacques Rogge whilst David B looks on basting furiously..........or something like that.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Dwain Chambers, Olympic Torch in one hand syringe in the other.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Maybe someone from Croydon they're very good at setting fire to things !!
:flameboun:flameboun:flameboun:lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tanni Grey-Thompson would get my vote, but it'll be Redgrave. It's the 'right thing to do', even if it's a little dull.

Where's the option for Keith from The Prodigy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JEKBT99GSY

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Should be given to the highest bidder,WHY CHANGE THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE 2012 CARVE UP???

This.

Loads of the olympic torch carriers up here in Essex were of Chinese nationality, I wonder how much they paid for the privelige? I,m sure there must be some more money to be made from this!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Should be choreographed so that it is a joint effort from Team GB greats (past and present), Seb, Daley, Jess, Phillips et al should pass Ellie Simmonds between them till she gets to the top step and then Steve R very gently tips her into the cauldron so she can light the flame.

Everyone in the stadium will go wild and then in a moment the opening cereminy will descend into a moment of ecstasy like that scene out of the film parfum. Boris will be plating Tessa Jowell, whilst Tony B sinks to his knees to pleasure Jacques Rogge whilst David B looks on basting furiously..........or something like that.

Actually your idea was disscussed at work the other a sort of U/K 'Hall of Fame' theme with former olympians linning the steps and passing the torch up to the 'guy at the top' which for me is either Sir Steve or Sir Roger

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Muhtar Kent

main_photo_bio_kent.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports