Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which unknown Support Act did you see who later went on to become famous

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Aftetiming is BOASTING about an event AFTER it happened so all these Billy BULLSHITTERS telling us what happened after the event, no proof it happened same as those BOASTING about those GREAT bets they had AFTER they won.

You are a even MASSIVER bell

That's what the OP asked for, and you have the biggest BELL.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Thanks for that, I can't remember there being anyone else playing and didn't have anyone else mentioned on my ticket, do you know who was on with Genesis and Lindisfarne, love Rare Bird hope I can say I saw them although obviously I don't remember a thing, well apart from dancing on the seats that is! Will have a scout round to see if I still have the ticket.

http://www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk/pawnhearts/soundsaround200271.jpg

11 Feb 1971. Van der Graaf, Genesis & Lindisfarne. The URL should supply you with a 'sounds' review of The Dome concert. The tour was known as the six bob (30p) tour.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Wouldn't have thought Human League your thing ? Will you be going in December to see them and BLANCMANGE ?

Dare was out, and a mate asked me if I fancied going. Not sure about December, but I did like Living of the Ceiling and Blind Vision, so wont rule it out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At the Top Rank/ Event ?

I left half way through Ride because they were rubbish. Mercury Rev were magnificent IMHO.,

Yes thats right, each to their own but i though Ride were brilliant. Mercury Rev singer got hit with a bottle (not thrown by me) if i remember rightly.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Yes thats right, each to their own but i though Ride were brilliant. Mercury Rev singer got hit with a bottle (not thrown by me) if i remember rightly.

He was rubbish, the band were mighty fine.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Wang Chung (semi famous) supporting the Human League at the Dome December 1981.

On a similar theme Jo Boxers supporting Madness at the Centre March 83.
At the time they were Huang Chung (sad to remember that, but they were better then - all downhill when they changed to Wang!). I was there too (whatever Ernest might think).

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Kasabian supporting a band called The Open at their London debut at the Institute of Contemporary Arts in the Mall in London
The Killers third on the bill supporting The Dirtbombs at the Islington Academy.
Not quite support but saw Mumford and Sons in a show put together by Laura Marling at the Royal Festival Hall
Maccabees (who just announced they are splitting) supporting The Subways at the Event 2.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
And exactly NO proof that they were there which is CLASSIC after timing, anyone can BOAST they saw Bruce Springsteen in a phone box but it is worthless unless you PROVE it.

I'm still having sex dreams about Mariah Carey. Talk about disturbing! I can't prove it, though.

It's strange when you think that Teddy Boys posed such a threat in 1977 but they did if you were a punk, but I suppose at the time it was only twenty years after their heyday in the fifties so relatively recent at the time especially when you consider the punk heyday is now nearly forty years ago but only seems like yesterday. I suppose most of the Teds back then were "aging" Teds but probably still only in their mid thirties.

At that time there were a few youngish teddy boys from mid Sussex area they went to a venue in Portslade so you would have the joy of sharing the last train home from Brighton with them:eek:

I saw the Slits supporting the Buzzcocks at the Top Rank in 1978 and they are now viewed as playing an extremely significant role in breaking down barriers for women in music. I am not sure that I was really ready for their anarchic (maybe chaotic?) performance; I think I would appreciate it much more now. I briefly met Viv Albertine when she did a talk/Q&A where I work last month and she was charming but her talk showed how articulate she is and her robust views on things. Her autobiography is highly recommended.

Saw the slits supporting the clash on hastings Pier 1977:moo:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
REM at Croke Park in 1985. Don't think they'd quite hit the big time them. I remember being a bit bored as I was really waiting for U2 to come on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here