Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
James

supporting The Smiths at the Dome

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Passenger supporting Ed Sheeran - only saw half but impressed and saw him at the concorde a few months later.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
At the university (poly?), I guess it was either Grand Parade or Lewes Road, back in 1982 or 83? I'm not local so was bundled in the back of mate Charlie's mini, can't be sure if it was Theatre of Hate supporting. To be fair, it wasn't exactly the finest gig of all time, but as a 16/17 year old it was an event, I still play their album regularly, and The Cults 'Sonic Temple' is a masterpiece from their later years.

I saw Theatre of Hate at Grand Parade Art College, think it was called The Basement, not sure how many times they played there but it must of been around 1982, they changed the bands name to Spear of Destiny in 83.
Can't remember anything about the support act, but one thing I do remember is seeing someone hanging about that stood out because of their clothing, myself and a friend wasn't sure if this someone was male or female.
This someone became very famous as it was Boy George.

I saw Theatre of Hate at Grand Parade Art College, think it was called The Basement, not sure how many times they played there but it must of been around 1982, they changed the bands name to Spear of Destiny in 83.
Can't remember anything about the support act, but one thing I do remember is seeing someone hanging about that stood out because of their clothing, myself and a friend wasn't sure if this someone was male or female.
This someone became very famous as it was Boy George.

Basement it was!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My father went to numerous Brighton gigs back in the day. One which stands out is Pink Floyd supporting Jimi Hendrix at The Dome. I understand there were a lot of package tours in those days and gigging was very much secondary income and/or promotional so this sort of thing was common.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
David Guetta supported Fatboy on the beach once. He's now a proper a-lister.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was there....but stayed :moo:

As I did. I'll never forget the first time I heard "Free Bird." Absolutely blew me away. Golden Earring were always going to find it difficult to follow Lynyrd based on their show that night. Awesome.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
And exactly NO proof that they were there which is CLASSIC after timing, anyone can BOAST they saw Bruce Springsteen in a phone box but it is worthless unless you PROVE it.

Boasting doesn't come into it when the person you are claiming to have seen was Chris de Burgh, as was the case with me..........Kajagoogoo on the other hand...........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here