Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s a shame that Tony cannot say “ I don’t accept your bid, as I’d agreed one withLFC, so Fck off.
Then, to MC agent, “I’m sorry, it’s LFC or you stay with the team that gave you this amazing opportunity in the first place, if you don’t like that, go wash out the kit room in Lancing”… if only life were so simple.
A pal of mine went to work for Sir John Vane, Nobel prizewinner and the man whose team discovered how aspirin works.

On his first day:

"Have you got any experience boy?"

"Yes Prof Vane. I have done the Guinea pig ileum, the McGregor preparation, the Langendorff and Finkelman, and of course the famous Vane cascade superfusion"

"Come with me, boy"

(excitedly follows Vane to the Animal House, as it used to be called)

"Here's your first job. You can clean all the shit out of the animal cages".

(Vane wanders off)

Tough love. It can be done.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If Moises signed for Chelsea they’d stick him in some tacky, fake Tudor Surrey horror show so he could get to Cobham easily. No different to living in Cheshire and working in Liverpool except the houses are better in Cheshire and it actually looks nice.
Except you're an hour's drive from London !! Quite a big difference

DavePage

What if we don’t accept the new offer? if it ever comes.
We have an obligation (maybe not) to continue with the offer agreed.
Do we really need an extra 4mil just to give them what they want on their terms?
They have spent the last 3 months trying to screw us over on price (unsuccessfully )
give him an ultimatum then send he to Europe on a years loan

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
2 weeks ago the same rumour muppets said Chelsea couldn't pay £100m because it would mean them breaking FFP. It's BS. It also makes no difference how Liverpool structured the deal, Chelsea wouldn't have to do the same.

Also, for those thinking the money arrives to Brighton in drips and drabs - FFP doesn't work like that. It's not relevant when we get paid - the cost gets amortised (for Chelsea) over 5 years (or less if the contract is less).
This is isn't a groundbreaking revelation in regards to amortisation. If FFP was no issue this would have been sorted.
Paid in 1 lump sum if that is what Brighton want, no problem.

They have either maxed out all their credit cards, or are struggling to bid within accepted losses. Like you say, it will be spread across 5 years. So what's the hold up?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok, we get it. You like London. That doesn’t automatically mean other people like it. I, for instance, think it’s shit. I have lived in south, east, west and north of that city and also in London wannabe Virginia Water. Caicedo will have his own opinion (or someone else will on his behalf…whatever).

Last edited:

el punal

Same here i remember it kicking off outside north stand and in the park .Believe it was a friendly match ,did not turn out be though .Anyone else remember it? 74/75 maybe or a bit later.
Can’t remember any friendly with that mob. I think it might have been the first game of the 1974/75 season at the Goldstone. It was a hot August Saturday and Palace, who had suffered a double relegation from Division One to Division Three, were the visitors. Their fans came down in large numbers and were acting like Billy Big Bollocks. It kicked off all over the place. I still reckon that was the day that the rivalry really started.
Anyway, the Albion won 1-0 with an Ian Mellor (I think) goal and the rest is history.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Ok, we get it. You like London. That doesn’t automatically mean other people like it. I, for instance, think it’s shit. Caicedo will have his own opinion (or someone else will on his behalf…whatever).
I don't think you quite understand.
London's great.
Like, different gravy.
Pure uncut class A.
Everywhere else is a dump by comparison and only a nincompoop would have another opinion.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It’s a shame that Tony cannot say “ I don’t accept your bid, as I’d agreed one withLFC, so Fck off.
Then, to MC agent, “I’m sorry, it’s LFC or you stay with the team that gave you this amazing opportunity in the first place, if you don’t like that, go wash out the kit room in Lancing”… if only life were so simple.
That’s what we’d all want. But if Moises refuses to sign… 🤷🏼‍♂️

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ok, we get it. You like London. That doesn’t automatically mean other people like it. I, for instance, think it’s shit. Caicedo will have his own opinion (or someone else will on his behalf…whatever).
Agreed.

London is a dirtier, noisier, busier and frankly shittier version of Brighton. And it doesn't have a beach.

Shithole.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You may be in love with London, but not many people are.
In fact, Londoners move down to Brighton, which, incidentally, is an hour from London.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Same here i remember it kicking off outside north stand and in the park .Believe it was a friendly match ,did not turn out be though .Anyone else remember it? 74/75 maybe or a bit later.
It was the first home match of the 74/75 season.
Some people think the rivalry didn't start until the "change throwing" match in 76, but it was real before then.
Edit ,- apologies, el punal beat me to it

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What’s the hold up then had nearly 2 days to match up the Liverpool deal ?
The 0 button is broken on the keyboard at Chelsea and they don’t have next day delivery since they can’t afford Amazon Prime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here