[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The agent will probably make 10% of this contract, that’s about £9m over the duration if the salary is £220k pw as rumoured.

He’ll also get a fat slice of the fee if we’ve not stipulated that he is cut out. Chelsea could pay him 20% (£20m+) in fees in addition to what they are paying us.

I’d guess he’d be getting sweet FA from the Liverpool deal in terms of fee percentage and only about £3.3m from the 5 year

So agent gets £29m if Caicedo goes to Chelsea, or he gets £3.3m if he goes to Liverpool. That doesn't sound very believable.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We have no idea what the hold up is, but remember we were being told that Chelsea couldn't offer £100m due to FFP, so if that was true, then they wouldn't be considering £115m. It's total bollox.
When has anyone ever really worried about FFP?

Chelsea break it and they just pay a minimal fine. The authorities take so little action its pointless.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So agent gets £29m if Caicedo goes to Chelsea, or he gets £3.3m if he goes to Liverpool. That doesn't sound very believable.
He hasn’t done the deal with Liverpool - we have. By all accounts (like with Arsenal) he is trying to broker the deal between Chelsea & Brighton (although it appears another agency has come in to do this now after we’ve probably refused to deal with him).

The contract with Chelsea is completely separate to the transfer with us, he’ll be all over that and will get his percentage (perhaps 10%?) of all Caicedo’s earnings. Chelsea are rumoured to be offering him around £70k+ pw more and another 3 years.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd be intrigued to know what Moises' friends in our squad advise him about the best choice. I can understand he'd RDZ, Bloom etc might not have his interests in mind but players have a different mindset to us, and it'd be naive to imagine they're all telling him to stay. So, Liverpool or Chelsea? Surely most would be saying Liverpool is the better option for the development of his career.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20230813-140946~2.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I know Kane going to Bayern is big news, but I'm amazed at how quiet the main media has been on the biggest ever transfer fee in PL history. Oh, yes - Romano, Jacobs, Tw*tter have been spouting as usual, but updates in the BBC website are few and far between, and hardly mentioned on 606 and Talksport - for a transfer this big I'd've expected reporters stationed outside Stamford Bridge and Anfield 24/7.
He's not English. English media less interested than they are in the England captain. And to be fair - I suspect most fans outside our the clubs involved will also be less interested.

We didn't have a choice though did we. The best bit is Caicedo is said to have agreed a Chelsea contract in May :eek:
Is this actually allowed? And if not - who does what about it (or can do something about it)??

el punal

Tony watching on in the auction room. The auctioneer speaks :

“What am I bid for this fine piece of South American art from Ecuador? Starting at £80 million for the gentleman in blue, £80 million - any advance on £80 million? £100 million? £111 million bid from the gentleman in red. £111 million - any advance on £111 million? £115 million from the gentleman in blue . . . . .”

Meanwhile Tony sits poker faced watching the proceedings avidly but inside feels the warm glow of utter satisfaction as his game plan works to perfection. Life is good he muses.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It was the first home match of the 74/75 season.
Some people think the rivalry didn't start until the "change throwing" match in 76, but it was real before then.
Edit ,- apologies, el punal beat me to it
My first ever Brighton match, I was three months old then, so it was also the first brighton match in my lifetime. Remember it well, or at least my dad says i only woke up when we scored, but don't think i got involved in any shenanigans

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Tony watching on in the auction room. The auctioneer speaks :

“What am I bid for this fine piece of South American art from Ecuador? Starting at £80 million for the gentleman in blue, £80 million - any advance on £80 million? £100 million? £111 million bid from the gentleman in red. £111 million - any advance on £111 million? £115 million from the gentleman in blue . . . . .”

Meanwhile Tony sits poker faced watching the proceedings avidly but inside feels the warm glow of utter satisfaction as his game plan works to perfection. Life is good he muses.
With your kind permission Mr P I'd like to use this on social media. Can just imagine Tony sitting in the corner watching as his plan unfolds

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Romano's conduct throughout this saga has been questionable. He clearly has a self serving agenda. It doesn't need a detective to figure out how. Only to suggest, Caicedo's snake of an agent plus Boehly probably have him on speed dial.

For what benefit though and to whom?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You scratch my back I'll scratch yours kind of thing? Plus he gains loads more sycophants in the process with his mealy mouthed proclamations which are usually just rehashed from his older excrescences.

But what does he affect ? It’s not like Tony Bloom will be swayed or probably even aware of the bloke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports