[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Can’t remember any friendly with that mob. I think it might have been the first game of the 1974/75 season at the Goldstone. It was a hot August Saturday and Palace, who had suffered a double relegation from Division One to Division Three, were the visitors. Their fans came down in large numbers and were acting like Billy Big Bollocks. It kicked off all over the place. I still reckon that was the day that the rivalry really started.
Anyway, the Albion won 1-0 with an Ian Mellor (I think) goal and the rest is history.
I was not sure because the memory plays up sometimes ,but thanks for your input concerning the matter.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why have Liverpool not pulled out?
Why are trolls on twitter saying we've accepted a bid from Chelsea yet the club have said nothing?
What's going on here?
Maybe he's gonna choose whoever wins today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fab did post it and this ridiculously long contract is one of the main reasons he's joing the scum

Understand - I've been told by his agents

Close to signing - Brighton haven't actually agreed the bid yet because we haven't paid our broadband bill and the emails won't send. Winstanley has been pushed out of the negotiations and won't tell us what the password is on his mobile phone.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
What's the deal with Chelsea fans? Every time they're linked to one of our players, the replies on Brighton's twitter page become unusable. You get a bit of it with other teams, but never to the same scale.
Imagine winning 17 trophies in 20 years and feeling the need to flex about how big your club is on the Brighton and Hove Albion twitter page. Tragic insecurity.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
His contract should include for the playing career of any kids he has in next 8 years...Chelsea are missing a trick...utter twats 🤣
The agent will probably make 10% of this contract, that’s about £9m over the duration if the salary is £220k pw as rumoured.

He’ll also get a fat slice of the fee if we’ve not stipulated that he is cut out. Chelsea could pay him 20% (£20m+) in fees in addition to what they are paying us.

I’d guess he’d be getting sweet FA from the Liverpool deal in terms of fee percentage and only about £3.3m from the 5 year, £130kpw rumoured contract on offer.

You can see that the agent will NOT let him go anywhere else but Chelsea.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The agent will probably make 10% of this contract, that’s about £9m over the duration if the salary is £220k pw as rumoured.

He’ll also get a fat slice of the fee if we’ve not stipulated that he is cut out. Chelsea could pay him 20% (£20m+) in fees in addition to what they are paying us.

I’d guess he’d be getting sweet FA from the Liverpool deal in terms of fee percentage and only about £3.3m from the 5 year, £130kpw rumoured contract on offer.

In reading your assumptions which may well be something near reality you can see why is agent is acting with such impartiality over which of the two clubs he signs for :ROFLMAO:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also though, if those figures are true forget about the agent fees. Would you take 130k a week or 220k?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Same here i remember it kicking off outside north stand and in the park .Believe it was a friendly match ,did not turn out be though .Anyone else remember it? 74/75 maybe or a bit later.

Year before
I think the friendly match with Palarse was preseason 1972-73 . I had a Thursday/Saturday job with Fine Fare supermarket and couldn't make it.
Can’t remember any friendly with that mob. I think it might have been the first game of the 1974/75 season at the Goldstone. It was a hot August Saturday and Palace, who had suffered a double relegation from Division One to Division Three, were the visitors. Their fans came down in large numbers and were acting like Billy Big Bollocks. It kicked off all over the place. I still reckon that was the day that the rivalry really started.
Anyway, the Albion won 1-0 with an Ian Mellor (I think) goal and the rest is history.

It was the first home match of the 74/75 season.
Some people think the rivalry didn't start until the "change throwing" match in 76, but it was real before then.
Edit ,- apologies, el punal beat me to it
I remember up at Brighton station that hot August quite a few BHA fans were mixing with Palarse fans saying they were from Chelsea and had come down to help them out. Certainly a hostile atmosphere. It was like el punal said, this was the time the rivarly really started. The spark was the friendly and this was the fire.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Well summed up. The player is a pawn in all this.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One way or another, I suspect at least 1 club will be very angry with the final outcome.
There clearly has been a large amount of shenanigans going on.

Allegations of tapping up and agents encouraging other clubs to bid and then blocking the player from signing for that club.
Liverpool could drop out and leave Chelsea with an opportunity to Low ball us again.

If that happens I can see us raising complaints to various bodies to investigate this saga.
Time for a regulator to come in and look at setting standard terms for transfer negotiations.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just hoping he's sat in the crowd today wearing a half and half scarf.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
One way or another, I suspect at least 1 club will be very angry with the final outcome.
There clearly has been a large amount of shenanigans going on.

Allegations of tapping up and agents encouraging other clubs to bid and then blocking the player from signing for that club.
Liverpool could drop out and leave Chelsea with an opportunity to Low ball us again.

If that happens I can see us raising complaints to various bodies to investigate this saga.
Time for a regulator to come in and look at setting standard terms for transfer negotiations.
Do you see Tony being screwed out of millions ? I can't.

No low ball bid will be accepted now that the market price is established. :shrug:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Understand - I've been told by his agents

Close to signing - Brighton haven't actually agreed the bid yet because we haven't paid our broadband bill and the emails won't send. Winstanley has been pushed out of the negotiations and won't tell us what the password is on his mobile phone.
Romano's conduct throughout this saga has been questionable. He clearly has a self serving agenda. It doesn't need a detective to figure out how. Only to suggest, Caicedo's snake of an agent plus Boehly probably have him on speed dial.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Why have Liverpool not pulled out?
Why are trolls on twitter saying we've accepted a bid from Chelsea yet the club have said nothing?
What's going on here?
Maybe he's gonna choose whoever wins today.

Maybe Liverpool want Chelsea to spend all available funds under FFP so they get an easy shot at buying Lavia

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What’s the hold up then had nearly 2 days to match up the Liverpool deal ?
We have no idea what the hold up is, but remember we were being told that Chelsea couldn't offer £100m due to FFP, so if that was true, then they wouldn't be considering £115m. It's total bollox.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is isn't a groundbreaking revelation in regards to amortisation. If FFP was no issue this would have been sorted.

FFP is a general issue for Chelsea, but it's not an issue with a specific purchase limit, because losses are calculated over a year with unknown costs and income. Of course they will consider FFP in all their dealings but 1) there was no £100m limit for them and 2) the way Liverpool structured their offer is irrelevant.

So what's the hold up?
We don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports