[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Auctions have winners. Liverpools bid was accepted. There is the caveat, winners! Tony would look very dishonourable selling him to Chelsea all the while Liverpools bid is on the table.
I think you are being deliberately dim about this now. You must understand that what they "won" was permission to talk with Caicedo. If Liverpool don't offer terms that suit Caicedo (and his parasite agent), then there is no deal. In that case, Brighton can agree to sell him to someone else (who would have to offer an acceptable package to Caicedo) or keep him.

There may be parties acting in bad faith (agents, clubs, "journalists" etc) but everything else going on around this is just noise.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We want you to go
We want you to go
Moises Caicedo, we just want you to go.

—————-

I actually think it would be kind of funny if he stays and plays a blinder for us.
I have no doubt that he would, once reintegrated, we could then go through this shit again for a third time in January.

Not convinced RDZ would be anywhere near as forgiving this time though.

Definitely best for all parties that he moves on imo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am now past caring, I just want him to f*** off :shrug:

Yes, yes I probably will boo loudly when we play whomever he ends up signing for, even if it’s Liverpool. Disappointed with myself on this.
I’ve been wanting to say this for a while.

He’s a shy, God fearing 21 year old from an unsophisticated part of a country that is completely different to the UK. He knows how to play football. He knows almost nothing else. Because of this he has been led all his life by people who have told him they have his best interests at heart. At least one of them doesn’t.

He’s now in an impossible position having alienated RDZ and some fans like you, but unwilling, or unable to push back against his agent(s).

Blame him if you want to. I wish him well and thank him for giving me the opportunity to watch a player who could be the world’s best in his position. Whether that will happen will be down to the greedy leeches advising him. I’d boo them in a heartbeat. In fact I’d ban them from The Amex and start to investigate legal proceedings against them. But don’t take it out on the lad himself, who is basically being used as a cash cow.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you are being deliberately dim about this now. You must understand that what they "won" was permission to talk with Caicedo. If Liverpool don't offer terms that suit Caicedo (and his parasite agent), then there is no deal. In that case, Brighton can agree to sell him to someone else (who would have to offer an acceptable package to Caicedo) or keep him.

There may be parties acting in bad faith (agents, clubs, "journalists" etc) but everything else going on around this is just noise.
That’s not how transfers work. According to the Mirror Liverpool were told by Caicedo’s camp that he was open to joining them. No personal deal agreed/discussed but that was never (and is not) an issue. This was before they entered the auction. After they won they were told by Caicedo that he still wanted to go to Chelsea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He’s a shy, God fearing 21 year old from an unsophisticated part of a country that is completely different to the UK. He knows how to play football. He knows almost nothing else. Because of this he has been led all his life by people who have told him they have his best interests at heart. At least one of them doesn’t.

He’s now in an impossible position having alienated RDZ and some fans like you, but unwilling, or unable to push back against his agent(s).

Blame him if you want to. I wish him well and thank him for giving me the opportunity to watch a player who could be the world’s best in his position. Whether that will happen will be down to the greedy leeches advising him. I’d boo them in a heartbeat. In fact I’d ban them from The Amex and start to investigate legal proceedings against them. But don’t take it out on the lad himself, who is basically being used as a cash cow.
You are almost certainly right and when the time comes for him to play against us I might well have become more philosophical about this. Currently it’s distracting from the start of what could be our most exciting season ever, and is a rerun of January. Enough is enough

On top of this we currently have a big sized hole in our midfield which we can’t fill until this transfer goes through, or we end up with a player who is going to miss a few games and may not even come back with the same impact or attitude if he stays. Then it all starts again in January.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good post and made me reflect a little, however……

Whilst agreeing with the majority of it, I do not believe that as naive as he may be, he does not know right from wrong.

If he refused to train, advised or not, it’s just wrong. Every team he played in growing up would have expected him to train if he wanted to play. You cannot hide behind I’ve been advised in this instance…..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m past defending the player. This has totally overshadowed the start to our season. He is a disgrace really.
You can't really accuse him of being a disgrace. He hasn't downed tools. In fact after January he came back every bit as good as he had been before the Arsenal offer.

That said, I understand the disdain. We are clearly a stepping stone to him, his agents are parasites and I hate the way Chelsea have allowed this to drag on beyond a reasonable time frame. None of Chelsea, Caicedo or his agents have any class.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Your second paragraph is spot on, Moises didn’t even have a pair of boots until his parents saved enough money. No Sports Direct down the road selling them for a couple of hours work value. The youngest of 10 children.
Fans are fickle, adoring a player one minute and hating them two minutes later.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Whoever it is his agents or Moises all bridges at the Amex appear burnt..

I don’t think RDZ will welcome him back with open arms and as for TB and PB Moises better get ready to pull pints in the North Stand.

He best just hope now he gets his ‘dream’ move

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Good post and made me reflect a little, however……

Whilst agreeing with the majority of it, I do not believe that as naive as he may be, he does not know right from wrong.

If he refused to train, advised or not, it’s just wrong. Every team he played in growing up would have expected him to train if he wanted to play. You cannot hide behind I’ve been advised in this instance…..
If he refused to train.
The only official statement from anybody is from Paul Barber, who said he had a slight injury.
All the rest is gossip.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Your second paragraph is spot on, Moises didn’t even have a pair of boots until his parents saved enough money. No Sports Direct down the road selling them for a couple of hours work value. The youngest of 10 children.
Fans are fickle, adoring a player one minute and hating them two minutes later.
I’m not sure it’s as straightforward as that. I have defended him throughout this saga because a lot of what was thrown at him was supposition. However I am not prepared to do that when he has freely entered a process set up by our club to resolve the matter so we and he can get on with the new season and yet he is still dragging this out. That’s not fickle. I will always choose the club over the player as it is the club that I support and he does not get a pass because he comes from an under privileged background.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not sure it’s as straightforward as that. I have defended him throughout this saga because a lot of what was thrown at him was supposition. However I am not prepared to do that when he has freely entered a process set up by our club to resolve the matter so we and he can get on with the new season and yet he is still dragging this out. That’s not fickle. I will always choose the club over the player as it is the club that I support and he does not get a pass because he comes from an under privileged background.
Paul Barber and senior experienced journalists have criticised his agents. Manipulation and greed on their part.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Whoever it is his agents or Moises all bridges at the Amex appear burnt..

I don’t think RDZ will welcome him back with open arms and as for TB and PB Moises better get ready to pull pints in the North Stand.

He best just hope now he gets his ‘dream’ move
Football doesn’t work like that.
If the move doesnt work out all would be forgiven in five minutes.
That said, he will almost certainly go.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Hope if he goes to Chelsea he does the same to them in a year when real Madrid come in for him. Hope Madrid offers 100m, and he sulks in Madrid until Chelsea agrees to the transfer!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Football doesn’t work like that.
If the move doesnt work out all would be forgiven in five minutes.
That said, he will almost certainly go.
Disagree I’m not so sure RDZ is as forgiving as you think… MC would be in for a very rough ride if it all falls through, I can’t see TB also being so forgiving as he may cost him and BHA a lot of money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports