Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
I’ve been wanting to say this for a while.

He’s a shy, God fearing 21 year old from an unsophisticated part of a country that is completely different to the UK. He knows how to play football. He knows almost nothing else. Because of this he has been led all his life by people who have told him they have his best interests at heart. At least one of them doesn’t.

He’s now in an impossible position having alienated RDZ and some fans like you, but unwilling, or unable to push back against his agent(s).

Blame him if you want to. I wish him well and thank him for giving me the opportunity to watch a player who could be the world’s best in his position. Whether that will happen will be down to the greedy leeches advising him. I’d boo them in a heartbeat. In fact I’d ban them from The Amex and start to investigate legal proceedings against them. But don’t take it out on the lad himself, who is basically being used as a cash cow.
If the transfer goes ahead then not one player will have made so much profit in the history of football for one club.

Moises - I'll absolutely respect you!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Where he lives is a pretty minor factor in all this. How much commission his agent gets is the key factor.
Let's spell it out again

Chelsea bigger commission
Chelsea bigger wages
Chelsea much longer contract.

You can't blame him for wanting the best possible deal. And ok Chelsea had a bad season last season but they are still a top club with some of the world's best players with one of the world's top managers!!

And obviously London destroys Liverpool as a place to live for any multi millionaire.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Don’t think this is a done deal yet there is clearly an issue with Chelsea pulling the money together for this and remaining within FFP which is why they have been pissing about all summer and it has taken them over 24 hours and they have still not come up with the money.

I can see a situation where the Lavia deal breaks down and Liverpool swoop in. Might be wrong but that deal feels like a safety net to the Caicedo deal falling through.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think it’s maybe this simple.

He wants to live in London - still near enough to the mates he’s made here
Chelsea haven’t offered Albion the right deal - Liverpool have.
But he doesn’t want to live in Liverpool

That’s why it has t happened yet.
Sounds like it’s now just the normal stuff - given fee agreed, personal stuff agreed, club agreed ! . It’s just the paperwork as with any transfers. And will be done today. Of course this hasn’t been normal at all so…

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I am now past caring, I just want him to f*** off :shrug:Yes, yes I probably will boo loudly when we play whomever he ends up signing for, even if it’s Liverpool. Disappointed with myself on this.
Must say that my own anti-booing stance if he joins Liverpool will be sorely tested if he goes to Chelsea instead. Becomes a move made for all the reasons football fans hate.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Don’t think this is a done deal yet there is clearly an issue with Chelsea pulling the money together for this and remaining within FFP which is why they have been pissing about all summer and it has taken them over 24 hours and they have still not come up with the money.

I can see a situation where the Lavia deal breaks down and Liverpool swoop in. Might be wrong but that deal feels like a safety net to the Caicedo deal falling through.
If I can’t afford something I tend to move on maybe buy a cheaper version but I don’t keep the shop keeper up all night while I ring around mates and gather extra funds.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
After all this, I think Moises yet again is being very badly advised.

It does make me start to realise why United may have backed away before he joined us!

Assuming transfer doesn't go ahead, I'm not sure how Moises moves forward other than sacking his representatives
If he goes to Liverpool having made it pretty plain their his second choice, he may need to sack them anyway. “Oh, it was all my advisors’ fault”. Not that the agent will care by then.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Must say that my own anti-booing stance if he joins Liverpool will be sorely tested if he goes to Chelsea instead. Becomes a move made for all the reasons football fans hate.
Please can you run that by us again. I am not sure I understand....

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

He’s a shy, God fearing 21 year old from an unsophisticated part of a country that is completely different to the UK. He knows how to play football. He knows almost nothing else. Because of this he has been led all his life by people who have told him they have his best interests at heart. At least one of them doesn’t.

He’s now in an impossible position having alienated RDZ and some fans like you, but unwilling, or unable to push back against his agent(s).

Blame him if you want to. I wish him well and thank him for giving me the opportunity to watch a player who could be the world’s best in his position. Whether that will happen will be down to the greedy leeches advising him. I’d boo them in a heartbeat. In fact I’d ban them from The Amex and start to investigate legal proceedings against them. But don’t take it out on the lad himself, who is basically being used as a cash cow.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, and I do believe he’s naïve and being used, he is still a grown adult who can understand right from wrong.

He will have made friends at the club and have been in good terms with most people there, so must know a lot of what he is doing is wrong because he’ll know this is damaging his relations with those very people. Look at how RDZ spoke about him in the press conference, whatever the truth of the reports he’s clearly crossed a lot of lines. How can he understand enough to be loyal to a promise he apparently made to Chelsea but not to the people and the club he is already with?

I think we have to stop blaming other people for actions he is taking. Lucky the worst consequences he’s likely to have is being booed. In life they can be much worse sometimes.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Please can you run that by us again. I am not sure I understand....
He can go to Liverpool, a stable club with a great history which is playing European football next season - or turn down the millions they’re offering him to go a complete basket case of a club, under investigation for its transfer dealings that finished in the bottom half last season and which won’t even offer him the chance to play in Europe that he’d get by staying put.

The first is a justifiable as a good move from a football point of view. The second only as a good move for financial reasons.

Greed is not a good look.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This may well be true but it's idiotic of them to therefore spend shedloads on other players before this deal was wrapped up! They thought Tony Bloom would cave, they were wrong!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whilst I agree with most of what you say, and I do believe he’s naïve and being used, he is still a grown adult who can understand right from wrong.

He will have made friends at the club and have been in good terms with most people there, so must know a lot of what he is doing is wrong because he’ll know this is damaging his relations with those very people. Look at how RDZ spoke about him in the press conference, whatever the truth of the reports he’s clearly crossed a lot of lines. How can he understand enough to be loyal to a promise he apparently made to Chelsea but not to the people and the club he is already with?

I think we have to stop blaming other people for actions he is taking. Lucky the worst consequences he’s likely to have is being booed. In life they can be much worse sometimes.
Indeed. That’s where I am now. I have no doubt our club looks after players better than most. That will involve building relationships and yet all of this is being thrown back in the club’s face. Our main interest now is in wrapping this up at the agreed fee. The season has started and Caicedo and Chelsea have been dragging this out for months. Enough is enough.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I know nothing about the caicedo other than what we have read. Something I do know quite a bit about through work is how radicalisation works. I am not saying that caicedo has become a terrorist but I would not be shocked if something similar has happened to him where lots of people he looks up to and he believes have his best interests at heart.

Obviously he is not going end up carrying out a suicide attack but he appears to be being very easily led so that other people get their wishes.

Just to be clear one more time. I am not saying he is radicalised. I am merely saying that people people perceive to be in power can effectively control people.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Indeed. That’s where I am now. I have no doubt our club looks after players better than most. That will involve building relationships and yet all of this is being thrown back in the club’s face. Our main interest now is in wrapping this up at the agreed fee. The season has started and Caicedo and Chelsea have been dragging this out for months. Enough is enough.
Yeah can see Tony setting another deadline

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
He can go to Liverpool, a stable club with a great history which is playing European football next season - or turn down the millions they’re offering him to go a complete basket case of a club, under investigation for its transfer dealings that finished in the bottom half last season and which won’t even offer him the chance to play in Europe that he’d get by staying put.

The first is a justifiable as a good move from a football point of view. The second only as a good move for financial reasons.

Greed is not a good look.
I absolutely agree with those sentiments. Thank you.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The ONE thing ALL the know-nothings ALWAYS know is that Personal Terms have been agreed!

What a bunch of ****s they all are: Fab, Jacobs, Karveh.

Brighton are caught in the cross hairs of this grubby transaction.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know nothing about the caicedo other than what we have read. Something I do know quite a bit about through work is how radicalisation works. I am not saying that caicedo has become a terrorist but I would not be shocked if something similar has happened to him where lots of people he looks up to and he believes have his best interests at heart.

Obviously he is not going end up carrying out a suicide attack but he appears to be being very easily led so that other people get their wishes.

Just to be clear one more time. I am not saying he is radicalised. I am merely saying that people people perceive to be in power can effectively control people.
I think it is very clear that he is being manipulated. And before people jump in with the "but he's a grown man", age has little to do with your propensity to be controlled by other people.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Great post. I'm struggling to feel any animosity towards the boy, I'd be a bit sad if he was abused on his return to the Amex.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Through no fault of his own, regrettably his credibility and popularity are waning by the minute.
I don’t think you can say no fault of his own. He signed with these agents, who have a shady reputation at best and at any point he could over rule what they say, he’s not got a gun held to his head.

Whilst I do blame the agents mostly, Moises definitely isn’t unaccountable for his actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here