Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is a Fridat night drinking thread, you kmow! (well, usually anyway!)
You may or may not be aware that they're been a veritable AVALANCHE of new threads form me of late. I'm not starting any more. No siree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm always ready to go with you.
Hope you are having a lovely summer and are ripped and tanned for the new season. See you at half time, perhaps :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think everyone will end up friends. Yes, there's been a few rough patches, but we're all better off. I'm sure Caicedo and his agents were upset when we turned down all those Chelsea bids, but now they're reported to have an even better deal since we accepted Liverpool's bid, so we've helped them. I'm also sure the albion were embarrassed and angry when Caicedo and his agents turned down liverpool's offer, but that has supposedly led to us getting 115m instead of 111m and the world knows it wasn't our fault the Liverpool deal didn't happen. They're richer. We're richer. No need for anger. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think everyone will end up friends. Yes, there's been a few rough patches, but we're all better off. I'm sure Caicedo and his agents were upset when we turned down all those Chelsea bids, but now they're reported to have an even better deal since we accepted Liverpool's bid, so we've helped them. I'm also sure the albion were embarrassed and angry when Caicedo and his agents turned down liverpool's offer, but that has supposedly led to us getting 115m instead of 111m and the world knows it wasn't our fault the Liverpool deal didn't happen. They're richer. We're richer. No need for anger. :thumbsup:
Thank you, Nr. Neville Chamberlain......................

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Must be more Albion fans out there who would rather see him go to Chelsea over Liverpool like me ? Getting the most money is the most important thing though than the club he is going to. I just don't like Liverpool

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Must be more Albion fans out there who would rather see him go to Chelsea over Liverpool ike me ? Getting the most money is the most important thing though than the club he is going to. I cannot stand Liverpool
Seriously doubt it. Very, very, VERY seriously doubt it!

Actually, thinking about it, we'd mostly probably rather you went to Chelsea!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
But the reason we haven't agreed a deal with Caicedo is because he prefers Chelsea and he's waiting to see if a bid from Chelsea comes in.

If it was as reported, an 'auction' style bid off, which was concluded last night, then are are no more bids or offers to come.

It's a catch 22. He's waiting for another offer which shouldn't be allowed to be made. If it was explained that it's Liverpool or nowhere, maybe we'd be able to get the deal over the line or at least have a yes or no outcome so we could all move on instead of the stalling.
it’s a really tricky one. I’ve had a couple of tetchy run-ins with Liverpool fans on Twitter today after they’ve said things like "We’ll never trust Brighton again." This is hugely unjust. Firstly, Brighton and the great majority of Brighton fans are desperate for Caicedo to go to Liverpool (if he has to go at all — we’d much prefer to keep him) rather than the dreadful Chelsea. But it’s a real legal conundrum if a player says he doesn’t want to go to a particular club. If it’s a question of going to that club or going nowhere, that’s easy. The player will usually have an existing contract (4 years in Caicedo's case) and there’s not much that the two clubs can do about it. But this case is different, with 3 clubs involved. He seems not to want to stay with us, nor go to the club who won the auction. But the club he apparently wants to join possibly can’t afford him. It’s a legal minefield. Thing is, we don’t want to be lumbered with him if he doesn’t want to be there.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Must be more Albion fans out there who would rather see him go to Chelsea over Liverpool like me ? Getting the most money is the most important thing though than the club he is going to. I just don't like Liverpool
Jesus Christ. Never thought I’d see that. I mean, it’s ok to dislike Liverpool or any other club. But for the way their Abramovitch-era spending capsized football, and for the sheer nastiness of most of their fans (there must be exceptions), Chelsea are way, way beyond forgiveness.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
it’s a really tricky one. I’ve had a couple of tetchy run-ins with Liverpool fans on Twitter today after they’ve said things like "We’ll never trust Brighton again." This is hugely unjust. Firstly, Brighton and the great majority of Brighton fans are desperate for Caicedo to go to Liverpool (if he has to go at all — we’d much prefer to keep him) rather than the dreadful Chelsea. But it’s a real legal conundrum if a player says he doesn’t want to go to a particular club. If it’s a question of going to that club or going nowhere, that’s easy. The player will usually have an existing contract (4 years in Caicedo's case) and there’s not much that the two clubs can do about it. But this case is different, with 3 clubs involved. He seems not to want to stay with us, nor go to the club who won the auction. But the club he apparently wants to join possibly can’t afford him. It’s a legal minefield. Thing is, we don’t want to be lumbered with him if he doesn’t want to be there.
I think someone at Chelsea has been crunching some numbers, and this deal just won’t work for them with FFP. Liverpool it’s easy, they just wait around until chelsea decide if they bid, and if they don’t, I have no doubt that Moises goes there, as his agents won’t get a pay out at all if they wait until next summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think someone at Chelsea has been crunching some numbers, and this deal just won’t work for them with FFP. Liverpool it’s easy, they just wait around until chelsea decide if they bid, and if they don’t, I have no doubt that Moises goes there, as his agents won’t get a pay out at all if they wait until next summer.
Isn't it actually a possibility that his agents won't be agents at all come next summer? Don't all agents have to pass an exam and be qualified to be agents after 1st. September, or something like that? So, shyster agents who haven't passed the test and become qualified agents will simply be irrelevant, have no recognised role, and therefore no pay or percentages. Hence some of them are trying to secure their pension pot between now and September 1st.

So - a half season sulk for Moises at Brighton (it wouldn't last that long; he's a decent lad and wants to play) and a (OK, a slightly reduced transfer fee) move to Liverpool in January. Good all round?

There’s now an Ecuadorean journo saying Brighton have got nowhere with Chelsea and it’s over in favour of Liverpool - could well be bullshit but would be fitting if there was one last mad twist to end this bizarrest of soap operas

scooter1

How soon is now?
I was chatting with a Liverpool fan and he was saying that they bid £111m because £110m was over the FFP threshold for Chelsea, which might explain why they are trying to include players as part of the deal. Another theory, in amongst a million others

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here