Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you change at the Amex ?

deckchair

Jan 23, 2009
larger area for buses after matches ie bennetts field.that would stop car congestion and stop the need for stewards to have tell passengers where to form queues on the steps.each park and ride destination could have its own designated area.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Smoking area for me too.. Maybe just relax the rules like in Germany, you can smoke where you sit and beer salesman walk around, so you dont need to leave your seat for a beer.. That will also make the stadium more viable.. :)

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
After last weekend I would have said heated seats (or radiators installed along the front area) :)

I wouldn't mind seeing the area from the station up to the stadium put to better use (couple of food/retail/betting shops etc..)

Falmer station needs drastic improvement (e.g. lengthening)

A smoking area

More areas to put your pint down

A few more TV's dotted about the concourses

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'd quite like my seat number changed. Not the actual seat, you understand. Just the number. Then maybe the club could issue me a new season ticket smartcard through the post to reflect this just in time for, I don't know, say the Huddersfield game this Saturday? Bit short notice I know, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still don't get why we don't have a few food and drink outlets around the outside the stadium, with a few benches dotted around. Just somewhere where people can rock up, arrange to meet and have a pie / hot dog and a beer or whatever BEFORE going into the stadium. OK there wouldn't be much call for this in the winter months, but in the summer I'd love to spend a bit longer outside the ground in the shirtsleeves, enjoying the weather and the pre-match atmos. Much better than sweating my ARSE off in the WSU concourse, by 'eck it gets hot up there in the Spring / Summer.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
More tables in the concourses. Stools to sit is probably pushing it but there is room to put high tables around the pillars. Makes it more comfortable whilst trying to manage a pint and unwrap a pie. And Sky on all screens. I know the screens in front of the kiosks cant show sky as it would block the queues but put TV's at the back with Sky on.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
After last weekend I would have said heated seats (or radiators installed along the front area) :)

I wouldn't mind seeing the area from the station up to the stadium put to better use (couple of food/retail/betting shops etc..)

A smoking area

Apparently Falmer Station is being lengthend around June time.

el punal

A smoking area

I'm not sure that the club would be allowed to put kiosks along that stretch as it is major access directly to station and other routes.

Smoking area would be illegal within the confines of the stadium.

Falmer station improvements I would agree with, but surely the club can only request changes as the station would be under the rail authorities (Network Rail/Southern).

More places to put your pint down - absolutely!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1. A steeper rake for the ESL, WSL, North and South. Would look more intimidating and give a much better view for people in the first few rows of seats. Not sure why the architects designed the lower tiers with such a low rake, slightly disappointing.

2. I still don't really like the sloping roofs at either end, makes the stadium look lop-sided. Not sure how they could have designed it differently given the fact that the West Stand has an extra tier - perhaps just have the East Stand roof at a lower level to the other three sides.

3. I think it needs a focal point as you walk up from the station - a statue of Charlie Webb would be a nice touch.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
larger area for buses after matches ie bennetts field.that would stop car congestion and stop the need for stewards to have tell passengers where to form queues on the steps.each park and ride destination could have its own designated area

What a twat. Why should 60-80% of the people that travel by sustained transport be put out so you and you car can get out? Twat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The one thing I'd like to change at the Amex is the opportunity to buy something to eat and/or drink at half-time. In that respect its no better than Withdean was. Only those prepared to join a stupid long queue or miss a fair old chunk of the game get to eat or drink at half-time. Oh well, spent ten years at Withdean gagging for a half-time bag of chips, will prob spend the next twenty years at the Amex gagging for a half-time pie and pint. Same as it ever was. I'll survive. Club's loss :shrug:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I still don't get why we don't have a few food and drink outlets around the outside the stadium, with a few benches dotted around. Just somewhere where people can rock up, arrange to meet and have a pie / hot dog and a beer or whatever BEFORE going into the stadium. OK there wouldn't be much call for this in the winter months, but in the summer I'd love to spend a bit longer outside the ground in the shirtsleeves, enjoying the weather and the pre-match atmos. Much better than sweating my ARSE off in the WSU concourse, by 'eck it gets hot up there in the Spring / Summer.

I believe it is part of the planning permission but...

Why would BHA put other vendors outside taking money away from the club?
Why would BHA put other kiosks, staff etc. outside when a few yards away you can get the same thing inside?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Why would BHA put other kiosks, staff etc. outside when a few yards away you can get the same thing inside?

The club have managed to sneak a few club shop caravans discretely around the outside of the ground. The way they're positioned makes you think they're quietly contravening SOMETHING. Not that they ever seem to do a roaring trade, or even much trade at all. They'd do far more business if they were selling hot food IMHO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Form a subsidiary company of BHAFC to run these and then eventually take over the catering if it proved successful, or allow the existing catering company to run them in conjunction with the in stadium catering rather than as competition but increase the lines available like chips burgers, bacon rolls etc more convenience snack food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here