Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you change at the Amex ?

RMB

Jun 26, 2011
Paint some of the concrete and other grey areas.

Before:

capturebha.jpg

After:

bhao.jpg

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I am surprised that there is still a lot of grey concrete rather than painting or covering it all blue. St Mary's for example has red covering on every stairway, vomitory and advertising area, looks a lot smarter IMHO.

I have thought this from day one, I love the Amex but far to much grey on show.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Paul Barber covered this when he did his local q&a - the club want to do this themselves but it relates to the health and safety cert for the stadium which covers all the outside areas as well. As we are a new stadium the council are over cautious with all there restrictions therefore we currently need to make more effort such as more stewards, nothing blocking walkways, no congestion points no risk of fan flash points outside, etc. He stated that each year the rules will be relaxed and as soon as possible they will start to exploit the areas outside the ground.

Health and safety .... Someone might slip on spilt mustard.

H&S gone mad. A few club hot dog type caravans eg near the bike area would cause no trouble and might generate some cash. Overpaid consultants dreaming up more concerns, away from the real world.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree a larger home end would be amazing but I really don’t think it’s embarrassing. I think the problem is the West stand is so dominating, the Amex might not the largest stadium but the West stand must be in the top 10 largest stands in England it is truly HUGE.

I also think the North stand is much improved now the corners hve been filled, this photo really does it justice…..

View attachment 39922

The NS with the corners, holds approx 4,000 and goes back about 29 rows.

Its certainly not small, but the amazing WS, and ES, make it look small.

It was just the constrains of the site, that led to this visual disparity.

But it would be great if one day with PL money, if it could be extended back in the middle, perhaps by eating into office/storage space.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The NS with the corners, holds approx 4,000 and goes back about 29 rows.

Its certainly not small, but the amazing WS, and ES, make it look small.

It was just the constrains of the site, that led to this visual disparity.

But it would be great if one day with PL money, if it could be extended back in the middle, perhaps by eating into office/storage space.

And it'll be perfectly possible to move a lot of the office space to the training ground building...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Build a hotel ( with a decent pub attached ) within walking distance - 'dynamite' as N.Baker would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here