Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What console game are you currently playing

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Very true, keeping my fingers crossed though!

Nice one, I love the Scout Rifle but it's a bit annoying to get that twice and none of the other 4 so far! Got Red Death from hard VOG last week which should be good for health regen at Crota. Ahh I wanna go play it now!

I've pretty much exhausted it over the weekend so I think I'll jump back on tomorrow after work for the reset.
I'm interested in the CE Scout Rifle as I really loved the VOG Scout Rile (fire in automatic etc).
I've read back through our Destiny posts and we look like right nerds..! :facepalm:

Did you see the future DLC 'leak' regarding the future expansions as well as the 'Comet' DLC?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I've pretty much exhausted it over the weekend so I think I'll jump back on tomorrow after work for the reset.
I'm interested in the CE Scout Rifle as I really loved the VOG Scout Rile (fire in automatic etc).
I've read back through our Destiny posts and we look like right nerds..! :facepalm:

Did you see the future DLC 'leak' regarding the future expansions as well as the 'Comet' DLC?

Haha, I'll happily admit to being a massive geek when it comes to Destiny!

Vision of Confluence is still one of my favourite weapons, love it.

Seen a little bit of the future plans but not read any details

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
This thread as inspired me to dig my PS3 out tonight - I haven't played it for well over a year. To celebrate this, I'm going to buy a new game but I can't decide between Far Cry 4 or The Last of us.

I've also just been reading about Battlefield Hardline, which looks fantastic!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
This thread as inspired me to dig my PS3 out tonight - I haven't played it for well over a year. To celebrate this, I'm going to buy a new game but I can't decide between Far Cry 4 or Last of us.

A) The Last Of Us - no hesitation. Probably in my top 5 games of all time and I've played a fair few. You can pick up Far Cry 3 second hand for a tenner at Game, prolly cheaper on eBay, and that's almost just as good as 4.

B) Nice to find a fellow Battlefeilder on PS3 on NSC. Battlefield is the only game series I've constantly returned to again and again since Bad Company 2 came out. Wasn't convinced by Hardline at all when it was announced, the latest trailer has quelled my fears!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This thread as inspired me to dig my PS3 out tonight - I haven't played it for well over a year. To celebrate this, I'm going to buy a new game but I can't decide between Far Cry 4 or The Last of us.

Both really great games.
If you want to explore exotic islands in a more Open World/RPG game, go for Farcry.
If you want to be involved a rich, hugely detailed and moving story, go for The Last of Us.

I loved both, and they are completely different games.
I would suggest The Last of Us purely as I'd love to read your review of it!

Regarding Hardline, the 'Open Beta' is free to gamers in the next couple of weeks.
You can download the multiplayer 'trial' and carry your progress over to the full game once it comes out if you decide to do so.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
A) The Last Of Us - no hesitation. Probably in my top 5 games of all time and I've played a fair few. You can pick up Far Cry 3 second hand for a tenner at Game, prolly cheaper on eBay, and that's almost just as good as 4.

B) Nice to find a fellow Battlefeilder on PS3 on NSC. Battlefield is the only game series I've constantly returned to again and again since Bad Company 2 came out. Wasn't convinced by Hardline at all when it was announced, the latest trailer has quelled my fears!

Cool, thanks! I've ordered it, so I'll let you know how I get on.

As for Battlefield, I haven't played much of the previous ones but I'm a sucker for anything cops and robbers related, so Hardline looks like it's going to be perfect for me.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Kind of oxymoronic to describe a game with zombies as 'beautiful', but that's exactly what it is. I've played through it 5 times and this thread is making me want to play through it again. So much love for that game. *sniff*

Got three quarters of the way through it on the PS3, but got bored. Started off quite well but gradually lost interest. Do want to give it another go on the PS4 though as I feel I may have been a bit over zealous in discarding it.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Got three quarters of the way through it on the PS3, but got bored. Started off quite well but gradually lost interest. Do want to give it another go on the PS4 though as I feel I may have been a bit over zealous in discarding it.

Definitely worth another go if you didn't finish it. It's also an infinitely better game if played on the harder difficulty settings, makes it much more about about managing resources than just shooting everything that appears. Like in the glory days of the old Resident Evils when you had to actually choose which enemies were worthy of your bullets and when you simply had to leg it.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm currently working through Far Cry 4 via my usual approach to open-world games; ignoring the story missions until I have no choice.

It really is a great game, to have the option of taking out an outpost by releasing the brakes on a C4-laden car and letting it roll through the main gates is almost spoiling gamers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Currently playing Assassins Creed Black Flag as it was just £4.95 from CDKeys so seemed rude not to. Pretty good, although can't stop climbing up stuff when I just want to run around.

Also Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare is getting a lot of game time in the house with both me and the kids.

I'm slowly getting through Forza Horizon 2 as well which is very good.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Definitely worth another go if you didn't finish it. It's also an infinitely better game if played on the harder difficulty settings, makes it much more about about managing resources than just shooting everything that appears. Like in the glory days of the old Resident Evils when you had to actually choose which enemies were worthy of your bullets and when you simply had to leg it.

Yeah I had it on the hardest level to start with (or maybe second one down, can't remember), so often had no decent ammo and had to resort to hiding/running when I saw a clicker more often than not. Think I possibly got stuck on one part later on for a while which led to me moving over to another game as I was getting bored by that point too. Once I finally have had enough with Destiny, I shall return.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Don't often play games but when I do it's Elite Dangerous on the PC.

Pretty much the same here (Elite Dangerous is a great game). The only console game I play at the moment is the very occasional game of FIFA with my son.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

What's the situation with The Last of Us and quick time events? I understand they're of the button mashing variety - which cause me pain in my forearm. Are they used often, or can they be turned off?

I like the look of the game but this is a potential deal breaker for me. Cheers.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
What's the situation with The Last of Us and quick time events? I understand they're of the button mashing variety - which cause me pain in my forearm. Are they used often, or can they be turned off?

I like the look of the game but this is a potential deal breaker for me. Cheers.

I don't remember any to be honest. Think there might have been a couple of Uncharted style running away sections, but certainly nothing taxing. Definitely not a button mashing section, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here