Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What console game are you currently playing

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
I'm looking into a ps4 at the moment, has anybody got any 'essential' games they think I should get with it?

People have listed a fair few already that will get you started like The Last of Us, Dragon Age etc for good single player experience.

Then for multiplayer you can't go wrong with Destiny / CoD / Fifa.

Also keep an eye on the free games you get with the PSNetwork. Picked up Binding of Isaac for free and that kept me going for a while. Still need to check what free games are out this month actually! Last month was a bit poor.

Edit:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/29/playstation-plus-februarys-free-games/

Seems a bit mehhh for Feb.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
How many characters have you got and what levels are you at?
This game has ruined my evenings for the past 3 months.. :moo:

Such good games on the N64.

My Top 5:

1. Ocarina of Time
  2. Conkers Bad Fur Day
  3. Goldeneye
  4. Mario Kart 64
  5. Mario Party

I played Mario Kart 64 in The Globe last night....I forgot how good it was! Although it turns me into an absolute monster - I become horribly competitive, smug, rude and pretty darn mean.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm looking into a ps4 at the moment, has anybody got any 'essential' games they think I should get with it?

I'm still weighing up both consoles to see which has the better games. I'm also waiting for a bigger price drop.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
People have listed a fair few already that will get you started like The Last of Us, Dragon Age etc for good single player experience.

Then for multiplayer you can't go wrong with Destiny / CoD / Fifa.

Also keep an eye on the free games you get with the PSNetwork. Picked up Binding of Isaac for free and that kept me going for a while. Still need to check what free games are out this month actually! Last month was a bit poor.

Edit:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/29/playstation-plus-februarys-free-games/

Seems a bit mehhh for Feb.

I have Thief and Rogue Legacy on the PC and they're both pretty solid games - Transistor looks good too.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

The Last of Us
Destiny
Farcry 4
Assassins Creed: Black Flag
Watch Dogs

-- Some of those can now be picked up for around £10 each.

I played Mario Kart 64 in The Globe last night....I forgot how good it was! Although it turns me into an absolute monster - I become horribly competitive, smug, rude and pretty darn mean.

Haha, I do love that game.
We should all (from this Thread) get together and have a proper N64 tourney!
I bagsy Toad or Yoshi for Mario Kart!

I'm still weighing up both consoles to see which has the better games. I'm also waiting for a bigger price drop.

Currently much of the same, I've got both and the PS4 is more powerful, yet doesn't really show it at the moment.
There aren't many great exclusives at the moment apart from The Last of Us (PS4) and Halo (X1). Others might disagree though.

That being said, In 2-3 years time, I do think the X1 will struggle to keep up with the true next-gen games whereas the PS4 will storming it.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
'Illusion of Time' at the bottom of that stack is one of my all-time favourite games, along with the next game from the same company (Quintet) 'Terranigma', which is quite possibly my favourite console game.

I'd put quite a few hours into Illusion of Time, then I got stuck on - if I recall correctly - a couple of Vampire bosses. Completely lost my wick with it and put it to the bottom of the pile.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
i've got a warlock to level 26, but im stuck on what to do now - as far as i can tell you can't do matchmaking raids as whenever i go for it im just playing it solo, but i dont have any friends who still play destiny....can still work my way through the strike playlist though i guess....

Are you PS4?

As per the previous posts really, keep doing the Daily Missions/Bounties and Roc Strike Playlists to get your Vanguard rep and marks up so you can buy the gear from the Vendor in the tower to get you to level 31 and into the Crota raids.

With regards to getting into the raids, joining a clan has been the best thing I did in this game. Have regular scheduled raids each week (including 'training raids' for people new to Vault of Glass and Crota where everything is taken slowly and explained fully). If you are on PS4 I can give you the details if you're interested, and if you are feel free to add me (PSN is leigull as well) and I can help you if you want to do the Daily missions on level 30 to get more marks/rep etc.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

If you haven't played them, the only really essential games are:

The Last of Us Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V

After that I would strongly recommend:

Infamous: Second Son
Far Cry 4
Resogun
Velocity 2X

If you get a PS4 sign up to PS+ (£5.49 a month) you get a minimum of two free games every month, and usually they are pretty decent, this month they are Rogue Legacy and Transistor - both highly rated games!

In terms of games soon to be released it would be worth checking out reviews of both The Order: 1886 (end of Feb) and Bloodbourne (end of March). Uncharted 4 will be released at the end of the year.

The Order has probably the best graphics of any game released on consoles but from previews it looks like it might be quite short, so maybe one to pick up second hand or cheaper down the road. Bloodbourne is made by the creators of Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1 & 2, action RPGs with high difficulty levels but rewarding once you get the hang of them!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If you haven't played them, the only really essential games are:

The Last of Us Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V

After that I would strongly recommend:

Infamous: Second Son
Far Cry 4
Resogun
Velocity 2X

If you get a PS4 sign up to PS+ (£5.49 a month) you get a minimum of two free games every month, and usually they are pretty decent, this month they are Rogue Legacy and Transistor - both highly rated games!

In terms of games soon to be released it would be worth checking out reviews of both The Order: 1886 (end of Feb) and Bloodbourne (end of March). Uncharted 4 will be released at the end of the year.

The Order has probably the best graphics of any game released on consoles but from previews it looks like it might be quite short, so maybe one to pick up second hand or cheaper down the road. Bloodbourne is made by the creators of Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1 & 2, action RPGs with high difficulty levels but rewarding once you get the hang of them!

Brilliant, thanks!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Fifa 15. Career mode on Legendary.

Season 3 with Juventus. Two league titles in the bag but now after that elusive Champions League for the Turin giants.

Built a team of unfashionable GRAFTERS with Fellaini (yes, FELLAINI) in a pivitol role as an attacking midfielder.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
As StonehamPark says, you need to save up the Vanguard marks by doing the Strike Playlists and Daily Mission on as high a level as possible. Try and get all the Vanguard bounties done each day too as you need to reach level 2 with them to be able to buy armour from the vendors in the Tower. Once you start buying their armour and you level that up doing the missions/bounties you should rise quite quickly. It's just a pain that you're limited to getting 100 vanguard marks each week.

Once you get to level 26 you can run the normal VOG and get a chance of some raid armour from that which will save you the marks, but it won't be as high a level unfortunately.

Add me as a friend and I'll happily help you through some of the strikes and higher level daily missions rather than you struggling through on your own. Should be on for most of tomorrow evening to help if you're around then.

Got the Hand Cannon and the Crux from Crota last night, happy days!

cheers mate ill add you

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
If you sign up to playstation plus, it's cheaper to buy the full year from CDkeys (£34.69 at the mo + if you like them on FB you get another 5% off) work so out about £2.75 a month.

Games to play:

tomb raider is good and I picked up 'sleeping dogs' today, akin to GTA5 but not as good, but worth a go for £15

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne

Most people are either xbox or ps I think, I've stuck with ps from the 1, holding out depends if you want to wait 6 months to a year to save £20. I was going to hold out but took the plunge just before Xmas at £349 with fifa15, last of us and the crew, sold crew for £40 and got GTA5 for £35 with the £10 argos voucher I got with the deal. Keep an eye on HUKD's for upcoming deals on both consoles.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd put quite a few hours into Illusion of Time, then I got stuck on - if I recall correctly - a couple of Vampire bosses. Completely lost my wick with it and put it to the bottom of the pile.
I remember them - iirc you had to concentrate on one first and then go after the other but it's been a while. Had some great music that game though.

fake edit: gamefaqs confirms - go after the dark-haired vampire first. Lots of hitting and running away. Great times :D

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Cheers.

Decided to take the plunge and give XCOM a bash. Just snapped a brand new copy up for a fiver and free p&p off ebay. Can't grumble at that

Cool, I hope you enjoy it. I don't think it's a spoiler to suggest you build and get satellites up as quickly as possible, for which you need a satellite uplink to operate them. It's all a bit of a mystery to begin with but does become clear. :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you sign up to playstation plus, it's cheaper to buy the full year from CDkeys (£34.69 at the mo + if you like them on FB you get another 5% off) work so out about £2.75 a month.

Games to play:

tomb raider is good and I picked up 'sleeping dogs' today, akin to GTA5 but not as good, but worth a go for £15

Nice, mine must be due for renewal soon

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Games to play:

Oh crikey, I bought sleeping dogs when it came out at full price.... Fecking awful it was. Unsurprisingly it was in games with gold less than 6 months after its release. Square Enix really dropped a boloc with that one....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here