Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What console game are you currently playing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It seems there is a large gaming community on NSC but what are you playing and is it any good?

i am running somewhat behind schedule with the xmas gift list

call of duty (advanced bollox) dreadfully disappointing
just starting the last of us -looks promising

anyone still dipping in to GTA V

I ended up trading in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and got a used copy of Last of Us and a £20 voucher at Game just after Xmas, spending most of my time playing either GTA V, Last of Us or FIFA 14 (too invested in my current Brighton team to bother upgrading to 15, will more than likely skip it all together and just get 16 when its out).

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm between rental games at the moment, but I'm about to start Grim Fandango. I've wanted to play it since '98 and now it has been remastered I have no excuse.

Hopefully the next rental I receive will be GTAV (so I can see how it is on PS4) or Dragon Age. I bloody love renting through Boomerang - I think I pay about a tenner a month, and it says I've rented £889 worth of games since I joined

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I game infrequently as there are so few games I actually like/have any capability of playing.

I've completed the story mode of Lego Batman: Beyond Gotham (I love the lego games), and am now going back through it unlocking all the characters, completing the side missions etc.

I loved the Arkham series, but have to wait until June for the next one, so have taken a chance on a couple of cheap (comparatively) games that were suggested as games kinda like the arkham series.

Assassins Creed: Black Flag - I have a few issues with controlling the character when moving at speed, but am generally enjoying it.
Shadow of Mordor - Occasionally getting caught and being outnumbered by enemies, but generally enjoying this one, too.

I'm not the sort that can sit and play games for several hours at a time, so am playing a bit of one, switching or a little while, then turning it off and not palying for a couple of days.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Assassins Creed: Black Flag - I have a few issues with controlling the character when moving at speed, but am generally enjoying it.
Shadow of Mordor - Occasionally getting caught and being outnumbered by enemies, but generally enjoying this one, too.

AC:Black Flag is a fun game - probably better to play that than the bug-ridden AC: Unity.

Shadow of Mordor is a cracking game - the Nemesis system means the world isn't just full of disposable grunts; there are organic feuds and vendettas that, certainly in my experience, was more compelling to pursue than the main game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shadow of Mordor is a cracking game - the Nemesis system means the world isn't just full of disposable grunts; there are organic feuds and vendettas that, certainly in my experience, was more compelling to pursue than the main game

I've had a run of getting caught up in fights where three or four captains all seem to converge on me and eventually one of them gets me and then because of that they get upgraded, or one of the underlings gets me and then gets promoted to captain. But I am really enjoying them both (and AC:BF - it was the only one of the series favourably compared to Arkham and since it wasn't the latest it was cheaper, glad I took a chance on it).

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Got The Last Of Us for £18 during PSN xmas offers after already completed if on PS3. Easily the best game I have played. Online is loads of fun too!

Evil Within is good although only single player. Decent variety and one of the most gory games I have ever played.

Dying Light was on the list of games to buy but it doesn't look as exciting as promised. Also story mode is apparently crap with little to no variety.

Waiting to see if Evolve delivers as that's next on the must have list!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nothing at the moment. Wish we would see a new role playing game like Skyrim come out

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I dabble between a few games, but it's mainly been Assassins Creed Unity since Christmas which I've enjoyed despite not normally getting into games like that. Of course the boy is always on FIFA and at 6 years old can give most adults a run for their money.

I received Sunset Overdrive for Christmas and that's a but of a laugh, very Tony Hawksish but with cartoony explosions all over the place. Advanced Warfare is good despite the campaign being quite short - plus I play it online anyway.

Then it's Geometry Wars 3 for me though... If you haven't played it, give it a shot.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Am I alone in never having ever played on a console ? Too many years of writing software for a living I never wanted to play games too.

How old are you? Guess if you're north of 50 it wouldn't be surprising but given your job it is a bit that you haven't.
I do like games, my only issue with them is the amount of time that can just fly by. Last console I owned was an N64!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Currently going back an playing the old Call of Duties online (4 and 5) miles ahead of all the new ones

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Only play games on the PC at the moment (PC master race :thumbsup: :D) as I haven't got the money for a Wii U yet. Currently going through all the games in my Steam library again, installed at present are Fallout 3, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Saints Row IV (that one's a little dull though), Shadowrun: Dragonfall (haven't played that much yet), Sine Moria (great game), The Banner Saga and Assasin's Creed IV Black Flag.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Treated myself to a PS4 for Xmas. Played GTA 5, loved it, still playing The Last Of Us and loving it, Driveclub is OK but certainly no GT, Rocksmith 2014 is fun and still in the process of playing FIFA 15 with Brighton, won the FA Cup and crushing the Prem on amateur after keeping Bent and bringing back Buckley, Bridcutt and Ulloa :albion2:

I'm enjoying Rocksmith 2014 too. I had the original version on the PS3 to try to teach myself guitar as I am a complete beginner, unfortunately it didn't quite do the job. So I'm trying again with Rocksmith 2014, which seems like a better teaching aid to me, but I am backing that up with private guitar lessons as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here